NEW Paul HMC title forthcoming!

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
mojofilter

Re: NEW Paul HMC title forthcoming!

Post by mojofilter »

billychildish wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:56 am What's "The Dustin Hoffman Tape" all about?
He was at a party with Dustin Hoffman, who challenged Paul to write a song on the spot. It turned out to be "Picasso's Last Words."
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
mikec

Post by mikec »

billychildish wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:56 am What's "The Dustin Hoffman Tape" all about?
Try to find Misterclaudel's Alone Together Vol 1, released like nine years ago, the whole tape is there.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

mikec wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:48 am
Try to find Misterclaudel's Alone Together Vol 1, released like nine years ago, the whole tape is there.
perhaps we can expect a sonic upgrade; generally His Master's Choice has improved the SQ and source of his previous John Lennon set.
And an existential question : is it called the "Dustin Hoffman Tape" because it was really in the hand of D.Hoffman (like the Peter Sellers White Album tracks tape) or is it a name which would changed depending on which bootleg it is released (I'm thinking about J.Lennon's Rock'N'Roll sessions, sometimes referred as the May Pang tapes or Jesse Ed Davis tapes)
mikec

Post by mikec »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:56 am
perhaps we can expect a sonic upgrade; generally His Master's Choice has improved the SQ and source of his previous John Lennon set.
And an existential question : is it called the "Dustin Hoffman Tape" because it was really in the hand of D.Hoffman (like the Peter Sellers White Album tracks tape) or is it a name which would changed depending on which bootleg it is released (I'm thinking about J.Lennon's Rock'N'Roll sessions, sometimes referred as the May Pang tapes or Jesse Ed Davis tapes)
We are hoping for audio upgrades most definitely, although CD 2 will be more like compilation of things that are already out there, released by other labels. CD 1 is the core stuff that everyone should get. The tape its called that way because it was recorded at Hoffman's home and the tape was part of his collection and he gave it (if I remember correctly the story, and maybe just a copy of the original) to his housekeeper also a big fan (which makes me think she was also there when Paul did this recordings) and when she passed away, his daughter make it public.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Surprised to see HMC back in business. I thought they'd packed it in.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
IfYouLookToYourLeft

Post by IfYouLookToYourLeft »

ted wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:45 pm NEW HMC title coming out soon....see link below.

(Let's hope there's a vol. 2 as well!)

ted

hXXps://freeimage.host/i/JVNhehG
Are…are YOU TMOQ? How is this possible? Are you going to buy the Ringo tapes as well? You had better! What in the name of Paul Ramon, Bernard Webb and Apollo C Vermouth is going on here?
ted

Post by ted »

IfYouLookToYourLeft wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:36 am
ted wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:45 pm NEW HMC title coming out soon....see link below.

(Let's hope there's a vol. 2 as well!)

ted

hXXps://freeimage.host/i/JVNhehG
Are…are YOU TMOQ? How is this possible? Are you going to buy the Ringo tapes as well? You had better! What in the name of Paul Ramon, Bernard Webb and Apollo C Vermouth is going on here?
Well, I am left handed AND my middle name really is Paul....(true on both accounts actually :!: )

ted
CharlesHawtrey

Post by CharlesHawtrey »

The original source is there:

"my mother worked as a script reader for mr. hoffman in the '80s. i visited her at the apt/office she worked at a couple of times. i saw a cassette with 'paul & linda' written on it - and snatched it immediately, since i remembered the story of them visiting him right before 'band on the run' was recorded."
Phase one in which Doris gets her oats!
Hollies1965

Post by Hollies1965 »

Did anyone have this bootleg?
Maccawings

Post by Maccawings »

Do not think it’s out yet but very near at the very least