George 1974 Tour

What are you missing? We're here to help! Also feel free to post your lists for trading or sharing.
frankiecrisp1

George 1974 Tour

Post by frankiecrisp1 »

I was wondering what the best sounding disc of George's 1974 tour was? Anybody have it?

Thanks
BeatleG

Re: George 1974 Tour

Post by BeatleG »

They're all terrible, at least the ones I've gathered. Here's a screen capture of them:

[img]hxxps://1drv.ms/i/s!Am-vmyPVWPIn5CcRZ1NpWlfRAgEV?e=Fhm5Jt[/img]

hxxps://1drv.ms/i/s!Am-vmyPVWPIn5CcRZ1NpWlfRAgEV?e=Fhm5Jt

I hope an images shows above of my screen capture. i couldn't remember how to insert an image. it may just be a link to the capture. In any event, I'd also like to know what the best '74 show is. i just sampled each of my folders for a track or two. From the ones I have, Los Angles Express (11/12/74) & Philadelphia (first show 12/16/74) sounded the best.

Someone recently said on a thread that the Beatles had an uncanny, extraordinary amount of luck all along the way. Well for Harrison, that '74 tour must have been nightmare as audiences were surely disappointed and GH embarrassed because of his voice being shot. However, I saw the show in Atlanta and enjoyed it as an experience including the Shankar and company performances. I had seen in my local newspaper (430 miles away from the concert) there was an article that quoted George saying something like "Don't have any expectations and you can enjoy the show", acknowledging the issue with his voice. That's what I did and I was glad I went.

Another George is me
Golem

Post by Golem »

BeatleG wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:53 pm They're all terrible, at least the ones I've gathered. Here's a screen capture of them:

[img]hxxps://1drv.ms/i/s!Am-vmyPVWPIn5CcRZ1NpWlfRAgEV?e=Fhm5Jt[/img]

hxxps://1drv.ms/i/s!Am-vmyPVWPIn5CcRZ1NpWlfRAgEV?e=Fhm5Jt

I hope an images shows above of my screen capture. i couldn't remember how to insert an image. it may just be a link to the capture. In any event, I'd also like to know what the best '74 show is. i just sampled each of my folders for a track or two. From the ones I have, Los Angles Express (11/12/74) & Philadelphia (first show 12/16/74) sounded the best.

Someone recently said on a thread that the Beatles had an uncanny, extraordinary amount of luck all along the way. Well for Harrison, that '74 tour must have been nightmare as audiences were surely disappointed and GH embarrassed because of his voice being shot. However, I saw the show in Atlanta and enjoyed it as an experience including the Shankar and company performances. I had seen in my local newspaper (430 miles away from the concert) there was an article that quoted George saying something like "Don't have any expectations and you can enjoy the show", acknowledging the issue with his voice. That's what I did and I was glad I went.

Another George is me
I think it'd still be neat to know which one is the best in terms of sound quality
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

frankiecrisp1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:04 pm I was wondering what the best sounding disc of George's 1974 tour was? Anybody have it?

Thanks
Here is my folder of all the currently available bootlegged George 1974 shows: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Amy-d3dEMXIn0V2oB84vrgMFy5NF

To me, the best overall sounding show is 11-22 Fort Worth. 11-12 Los Angeles sounds quite good as it is a soundboard, but sadly it is not complete.
Complete Twickenham Footage collection out NOW: viewtopic.php?t=7470
frankiecrisp1

Post by frankiecrisp1 »

Thanks very much!
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

AdamBound wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:01 am
frankiecrisp1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:04 pm I was wondering what the best sounding disc of George's 1974 tour was? Anybody have it?

Thanks
Here is my folder of all the currently available bootlegged George 1974 shows: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Amy-d3dEMXIn0V2oB84vrgMFy5NF

To me, the best overall sounding show is 11-22 Fort Worth. 11-12 Los Angeles sounds quite good as it is a soundboard, but sadly it is not complete.
Odd question, but you seemingly the expert when it comes to this tour, are there any unbootlegged soundboards for the tour? There has to be one at least, that the Harrison estate is just sitting on. Coming at this with almost zero clue, so let me know.
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

silver_2000 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:51 pm
AdamBound wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:01 am

Thanks

Odd question, but you seemingly the expert when it comes to this tour, are there any unbootlegged soundboards for the tour? There has to be one at least, that the Harrison estate is just sitting on. Coming at this with almost zero clue, so let me know.
Well there is the soundboard of 11-12 Los Angeles, and I would presume the Harrison estate would have a little more of that (namely the missing songs?) But that it mostly guessing. We have two tracks officially released from the canned live album which I believe may be from 12-13 Landover, but don’t quote me on that!

Hari’s On Tour:
For You Blue:
AdamBound

Post by AdamBound »

P.S. I am trying to find more from this tour to share with you all and it’s been a little slow going but I have made progress! :D
Spaniard in da Works

Post by Spaniard in da Works »

Nice to know that the BIlly Preston mini-set of "Nothing from Nothing" and "Outta Space" that he used to do in the mid-70s Rolling Stones tours was actually done first on George's tour.