I'll Be Back (US Reverb Version)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Bombers_1969

I'll Be Back (US Reverb Version)

Post by Bombers_1969 »

For the collectors out there, here's the US reverb version of I'll Be Back. It's a vinly rip from a 70's Beatles '65 Apple stereo LP! It was later replaced by the standard UK one. Odd that this version - a mid-sixties mix - would have been released via an Apple reissue! Have never been able to find this on any bootleg collection.

This version might be a true rarity! IMO - sounds pretty awful. Maybe the reverb was added to better match the following tracks - the duophonic awash in reverb She's A Woman and subsequent I Feel Fine?

hxxps://we.tl/t-mWEUmu5TaO

folder.jpg
folder.jpg (168.42 KiB) Viewed 949 times
Chicagofanforever 5+

Re: I'll Be Back (US Reverb Version)

Post by Chicagofanforever 5+ »

It wasn't only issued on those Apple re-issue LP's. There were certain earlier Capitol pressings that had it also.
My early Capitol pressing did not have it but my Apple re-issue did. I shared my rip of it on a few other forums. Can't remember if I shared it here.
Bombers_1969

Post by Bombers_1969 »

Chicagofanforever 5+ wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:40 pm It wasn't only issued on those Apple re-issue LP's. There were certain earlier Capitol pressings that had it also.
My early Capitol pressing did not have it but my Apple re-issue did. I shared my rip of it on a few other forums. Can't remember if I shared it here.
Yes, am aware that earlier mid-sixties Rainbow pressings also had this mix. The person that provided this rip also shared Apple reissue rips of the US stereo Rubber Soul & stereo Yesterday And Today.
Davenicks

Post by Davenicks »

Bombers_1969 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:50 pm "This version might be a true rarity!"

The album went gold, so not exactly a a rarity.

Dave in Nashville
gaizoku

Post by gaizoku »

Thank you.
Bombers_1969

Post by Bombers_1969 »

Davenicks wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:54 pm
Bombers_1969 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:50 pm "This version might be a true rarity!"

The album went gold, so not exactly a a rarity.

Dave in Nashville
The rarity was in reference to being avaiable via a bootleg, not an official release. Are you aware of a bootleg this is available?

Bombers_69
slane

Post by slane »

I don't think this version has any additional reverb (OOPS-ing this and the UK version seems to show that the actual reverb is the same), just tons of compression which makes the reverb stand out more.
Bombers_1969

Post by Bombers_1969 »

slane wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:56 pm I don't think this version has any additional reverb (OOPS-ing this and the UK version seems to show that the actual reverb is the same), just tons of compression which makes the reverb stand out more.
The result may be due to tons of compression, but the perceived reverb is definitely over the top!
Tex

Post by Tex »

Now that's some reverb. It kinda works for that song though.
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

It does seem like it should be a reverb song, even in the UK, non-Dexter version. I have a soft spot for that, since I first heard it from this very album, around 1976 or so (borrowing my sister-in-law's album; she saw them twice in concert). First hearings of Beatles songs seem to mean a lot to a lot of people. I heard them all in mono, US versions and lo-fi, too, till 1970. :-)

I only bought all the UK albums in vinyl in the late 70s. I remember that they used to cost about $10, and how I thought that was a lot. Now I buy many CDs for $7 or so and used vinyl for as low as $3.
But now these days are gone; I'm not so self-assured. Now I find, I've changed my mind, and opened up the doors.