Most Underrated Beatleg?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Rave O Lucien

Re: Most Underrated Beatleg?

Post by Rave O Lucien »

One of my favorite outtakes is take 4 of Mr. Moonlight. It's devoid of all that keyboard malarkey!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
Onkster II

Post by Onkster II »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:53 am I'd say The Beatles Versus Don Ho. It has everything that made old Beatlegs so great. Like the White Album it is an eclectic late night FM radio experience, swinging wildly between many interesting and funny themes. It has comedy, education, rarities and Don Ho! What more could you ask for?
Same goes for Melvin’s The New 21—listening for please, the way the best boots are. Melvin had a sense of fun about it all, and good taste in selection.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:29 pm
WOA76 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:40 pm The Beatles – From Us To You, A Parlophone Rehearsal Session
https://www.discogs.com/release/2674521 ... al-Session

got this on tape one my fav and not alot heard about it
That was the first and only time I ever saw a 10 inch bootleg.
oh yea did not know this I love those BBC outtakes if I recall did you put them all together on set ?
Chris
beatlbay

Post by beatlbay »

More guilty pleasure than anything... the cover alone was worth the price of admission... plus I think it was the first true outtake I heard beyond any "Get Back" material or solo stuff.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

I was always too embarassed to look at that Mary Jane cover, let alone buy the record. :oops:
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rhino

Post by rhino »

I also found that cover hard to look at too , still I bought a cd copy of it. :lol:
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

That cover is just as bizarre as the music. Was that the photo used for the Beatles wigs from the 60s? The surrounding pics I just don't know. Looks like they have some strange distorted masks on :?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

JPM7756 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:11 pm That cover is just as bizarre as the music. Was that the photo used for the Beatles wigs from the 60s? The surrounding pics I just don't know. Looks like they have some strange distorted masks on :?
My memory is that it was one of the most common bootlegs. Some titles you'd only see once or twice but that one seemed to be around for ages and every shop had at least one copy. I can only guess that like me other people were too embarassed to buy it. It was covered in kinky pictures of a naked girl and in those days (the 80s) only old men in raincoats would dare be seen with something like that. Even if I'd bought it, I'd have had to keep it hidden.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
rtbcIII

Post by rtbcIII »

...and then the ladies in the kinky pics became hip/famous, too.