csnyfan's projects

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Rondordrecht193

Re: csnyfan's projects

Post by Rondordrecht193 »

a BIG thank you csnyfan, but if I may ask what's the difference compared to version 1?
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Rondordrecht193 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:25 pm a BIG thank you csnyfan, but if I may ask what's the difference compared to version 1?
A bunch of additional tracks, as highlighted in one of my posts in this thread.
Gopala Krishna

Post by Gopala Krishna »

csnyfan wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:41 pm Here's a significantly dryer remix of Wah Wah, with the room reverb removed from the guitar tracks. All the layers of overdubs are still in place.

hxxps://we.tl/t-FifAMg7XuM
I'm a huge fan of your work I must say so first, but that being said...

I have another version of Wah Wah that I got from you in Feb 2018 that has more reverb removed and overall just sounds cleaner. It was from the BZ days and I remember you had said you used a program to take out the reverb, but I don't remember which program.

Just letting you know anyway; if it helps, the file is labeled as Wah Wah - All Things Must Pass (24bit/96khz) and the file size: 33.842mb FLAC 5:39

Otherwise, thanks again and I pray that some kind of new mix can somehow come out of the atmos/5.1etc 2020 remix.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Gopala Krishna wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:33 pm
csnyfan wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:41 pm Here's a significantly dryer remix of Wah Wah, with the room reverb removed from the guitar tracks. All the layers of overdubs are still in place.

hxxps://we.tl/t-FifAMg7XuM
I'm a huge fan of your work I must say so first, but that being said...

I have another version of Wah Wah that I got from you in Feb 2018 that has more reverb removed and overall just sounds cleaner. It was from the BZ days and I remember you had said you used a program to take out the reverb, but I don't remember which program.

Just letting you know anyway; if it helps, the file is labeled as Wah Wah - All Things Must Pass (24bit/96khz) and the file size: 33.842mb FLAC 5:39

Otherwise, thanks again and I pray that some kind of new mix can somehow come out of the atmos/5.1etc 2020 remix.
I don't have that one anymore, but it was just processed with the Unveil plugin. All that did was increase the dynamics slightly, without making it sound any cleaner. When comparing directly, make sure to match the average volume first!
applebonkerz

Post by applebonkerz »

Thank you for all the wonderful work that you do, and share. Wah Wah sounds fantastic this way too.
Notecnirp

Post by Notecnirp »

MrP wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:24 am Helter Skelter [Take 21 - mixed like take 17 from the SDE Live Backing Track + Lead Vocal] (csnyfan)
https://dereferer.me/?https%3A//wetrans ... 121/043e8b

White Album Fun! V.2 (2021) [csnyfan]
https://dereferer.me/?https%3A//wetrans ... 156/acedc9
Thank you MrP, sir, for the re up of this fab set.

Thank you csnyfan, for the generousity, for your love to these beatles tracks, and for your excellent work.
csnyfan

Post by csnyfan »

Here's a new remix of "Awaiting on You All", based on the 7.1 tracks with help from the multitrack dub. The 2020 mix curiously dulled the vocal with a sharp notch at 3kHz and a strong treble cut that was not present on the 1970 mix - I have undone that. The guitars carry most echo on the 2020 mix, but I managed to remove it by using the multitrack dub as a spectral template. By flipping the two rhythm guitars in the stereo field, I brought out the descending organ notes before the verses that were previously drowned by the descending guitar line. So now we have the cleanest mix of this track to date, with excellent dynamics and fidelity, while still maintaining a grand soundscape.

hxxps://we.tl/t-0MQ33SFM8W
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

These were always great songs buried in that horrible Spector mix. Now we finally have a decent mix. Great work...thanks!
BeatlesVI

Post by BeatlesVI »

csnyfan wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:30 am Here's a new remix of "Awaiting on You All", based on the 7.1 tracks with help from the multitrack dub. The 2020 mix curiously dulled the vocal with a sharp notch at 3kHz and a strong treble cut that was not present on the 1970 mix - I have undone that. The guitars carry most echo on the 2020 mix, but I managed to remove it by using the multitrack dub as a spectral template. By flipping the two rhythm guitars in the stereo field, I brought out the descending organ notes before the verses that were previously drowned by the descending guitar line. So now we have the cleanest mix of this track to date, with excellent dynamics and fidelity, while still maintaining a grand soundscape.

hxxps://we.tl/t-0MQ33SFM8W
Beautiful. Just Beautiful. Excellent job. Thank you very, very much!
...the member formerly known as "sirguitarist"
margal

Post by margal »

Can somebody explane to me what is csnyfan's projects?Cant remamber anything from BZ.Thanks