AMC Feature Presentation - A Hard Day's Night and Help!

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
elvislennon

AMC Feature Presentation - A Hard Day's Night and Help!

Post by elvislennon »

On July 1 and 2 of 1996, AMC showed A Hard Day's Night and Help! as part of the AMC Festival they was having. Well, here they both are. Featuring Bob Dorian talking about each film before the movie. I didn't even know people was looking for this at all. I knew I had recorded them but really couldn't remember what channel until now. When I found the tape recently again and getting a VCR again. I seen where it was recorded from.
Please keep in mind on this, the tape wasn't taken care of. I haven't been living back at my old home that I grew up in until August of 2023. There are places where it turns blue because of the quality. That happens mostly during the movie Help!

Link will be provided until February 24. Please get while you can.

UPDATE: I have uploaded it on both MEGA and Drive. So it can be access by everyone.

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/HvJTUIQR#BUpnDyWX_wMB5nB9FMZJuQ

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

I am in the process of recording other tapes I recently found like Elvis Aloha From Hawaii from The Disney Channel. So I am got alot to do. I got Yellow Submarine from the 1987 U.S. VHS that I will be doing as well.
Last edited by elvislennon on Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lupine Assassin

Re: AMC Feature Presentation - A Hard Day's Night and Help!

Post by Lupine Assassin »

Thank you!
We all bleed blue from the inside....
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
Mrbeatleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

the quality on this is horrible and the audio is warbly. Digital lines throughout the whole both movies.

vlcsnap-2024-02-12-13h39m17s192.png
vlcsnap-2024-02-12-13h39m17s192.png (507.17 KiB) Viewed 924 times
elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

That is why I said the quality is not the best. The tape wasn't taken of. It was even lost for years. That is what I said in the post
"Please keep in mind on this, the tape wasn't taken care of. I haven't been living back at my old home that I grew up in until August of 2023. There are places where it turns blue because of the quality. That happens mostly during the movie Help!"

Also those aren't digital lines. Those are on the tape itself after years of not being in a good environment. I found the tape in the garage. With the cold and hot in the garage since its basically a storage room. No A/C at all. So the tape bared whatever happened in there.
bsizzy_27

Post by bsizzy_27 »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:45 pm the quality on this is horrible and the audio is warbly. Digital lines throughout the whole both movies.

I have VHS tapes that are -way- worse than this... just sayin' :?
therowdyman

Post by therowdyman »

Still waiting for someone to sync the mono Help! soundtrack from the AMC version with the current BluRay. Maybe even fix the colour timings.
elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

bsizzy_27 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:26 am
Mrbeatleg wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:45 pm the quality on this is horrible and the audio is warbly. Digital lines throughout the whole both movies.

I have VHS tapes that are -way- worse than this... just sayin' :?
Same here. If tapes aren't stored right....they will get messed up. People don't think about things like that at all back then. Hell, I got Elvis Aloha From Hawaii when it was shown on the Disney Channel when Disney Channel was cool. Wanting to save the tape before it gets worst. But if I can find a better VCR and see if it may help some.....I would re-record it completely. I even bought VCR Head Cleaner just to see if it could help any. But we are talking about a tape that is now about to turn 28 years old. With the improper storage......tapes just gets ruined at times. Sometimes we do get lucky though.
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

I appreciate that you tried to present something which we can't really get anymore. Over time, the minders of the store have implemented upgrades to replace what went before. In their own minds they were doing some good. And for most of the general public, this holds true. But for the few of us who are more discerning and would like something unadulterated, well,...we can go climb a rock as far as Apple is concerned. I have an ancient collection of VHS tapes. Most of which I will probably never watch again. Yet there they are in storage. Whenever I break one out to watch it, the difference in video quality, then to now, is so thick you could eat it with a fork. They just don't compare visually to what is out there today on DVD and BluRay. Add to that, when we started our VHS collections by recording stuff off of cable, many of us weren't using HiFi. We were getting whatever the TV/cable feed was in glorious mono plus some additional buzz and artifacts. It wasn't until the late 80's and early 90's that more and more people incorporated their TV into their HiFi systems and started to enjoy surround sound at home. So a significant portion of my archive would be buzz and hiss-laden coming through my current sound system.

What'd be cool would be to take the audio from the original film, and the music from the original film, as presented in its original form, and synch that to a pristine video of the BluRay. I haven't the patience or talent to pull that one off. But I'm sure that if it's not already out there in the realm, then it will be someday. And if it already exists, I could certainly use a clue or two.

Thanks again,
-Z
elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

Ziggy C wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:54 pm I appreciate that you tried to present something which we can't really get anymore. Over time, the minders of the store have implemented upgrades to replace what went before. In their own minds they were doing some good. And for most of the general public, this holds true. But for the few of us who are more discerning and would like something unadulterated, well,...we can go climb a rock as far as Apple is concerned. I have an ancient collection of VHS tapes. Most of which I will probably never watch again. Yet there they are in storage. Whenever I break one out to watch it, the difference in video quality, then to now, is so thick you could eat it with a fork. They just don't compare visually to what is out there today on DVD and BluRay. Add to that, when we started our VHS collections by recording stuff off of cable, many of us weren't using HiFi. We were getting whatever the TV/cable feed was in glorious mono plus some additional buzz and artifacts. It wasn't until the late 80's and early 90's that more and more people incorporated their TV into their HiFi systems and started to enjoy surround sound at home. So a significant portion of my archive would be buzz and hiss-laden coming through my current sound system.

What'd be cool would be to take the audio from the original film, and the music from the original film, as presented in its original form, and synch that to a pristine video of the BluRay. I haven't the patience or talent to pull that one off. But I'm sure that if it's not already out there in the realm, then it will be someday. And if it already exists, I could certainly use a clue or two.

Thanks again,
-Z
People doesn't even realize what we faced when it comes to recording with VCRs. While everything you said is all correct. There is even more than you didn't even mentioned. Early VCRs only was mono. It would be a yellow RCA jack and a White one. I try and find VCR with the yellow, red and white. Now, I work at a computer store and here at work right now. A friend brought in....get this....a Sony BetaMax VCR. This guy would find the things that I will be like....Where in the blue hell you find that? The thing is with this....it works. I think the heads needs to be cleaned and a good Beta tape found and see if it truly work. But again, we are talking about a machine that is around 40 years old. Technology has changed alot since then. Gotten better over time. But there are still some of us who would like to take out VHS or Beta or Laserdisc or Videodisc.....and play them. It brings us back to that time period. I am wanting to save my VHS tapes as much as possible. So my tapes can live on through DVD format or some kind of video format.