A Hard Day's Night and Help! from July 1 and 2 1996 on AMC

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
elvislennon

A Hard Day's Night and Help! from July 1 and 2 1996 on AMC

Post by elvislennon »

When AMC was far better than what it is now......i hate commercials.......lol. AMC would show movies without commercials. There would be some talk before it. I was wondering if anyone would like a copy of these? From my understanding that is in mono. Well. I actually recorded it on those dates. Not sure if anyone has this or not. Thinking about putting it on DVD. Let me know.
cliftdean74

Re: A Hard Day's Night and Help! from July 1 and 2 1996 on AMC

Post by cliftdean74 »

Please do!
mce1965

Post by mce1965 »

These are the best way to get the original mono soundtracks for the films - please upload them!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Help is the original mono soundtrack but AHDN isn't. It's a weird stereo mix different from that on the dvd. I believe Paul Rutan did it.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
ntwined88

Post by ntwined88 »

Last edited by ntwined88 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carose

Post by Carose »

Lord Reith wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:09 am Help is the original mono soundtrack but AHDN isn't. It's a weird stereo mix different from that on the dvd. I believe Paul Rutan did it.
Paul Rutan did do them both, I was very excited when after the AMC debut that both AHDN & Help were released on DVD , but to my shock , the soundtracks were switched , I spoke to Paul Rutan on the telephone and he had no idea of what MPI had done , so I explained what had taken place with regards to the soundtracks and he was super pissed , and he told me that Walter Shenson was going to be extremely upset and he was going to have them pulled immediately , and they were pulled back for a while at least till they obviously worked things out ,
In the days before the restoration of both Beatles films , I recorded a showing of HELP from a Public Broadcast station in Boston onto VHS, and that print had the exact soundtrack as made, the picture was a bit washed out but it was as made and was unaltered in any way , I never forgot the nuances in the music and especially the opening track of HELP!
elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

I am in the process of recording the two movies. They was shown back to back. Remember this won't be the best in the world. This tape hasn't been played in years, fully. I did try and record it last night and I got echo from it. I think I solve that part. So right now I am recording it with OBS Studio and so far no echo like I did last night. I will update on the progress of this.
MontyBeaton

Post by MontyBeaton »

elvislennon wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:09 pm I am in the process of recording the two movies. They was shown back to back. Remember this won't be the best in the world. This tape hasn't been played in years, fully. I did try and record it last night and I got echo from it. I think I solve that part. So right now I am recording it with OBS Studio and so far no echo like I did last night. I will update on the progress of this.
Thank you!
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

elvislennon wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:50 am When AMC was far better than what it is now......i hate commercials.......lol. AMC would show movies without commercials. There would be some talk before it. I was wondering if anyone would like a copy of these? From my understanding that is in mono. Well. I actually recorded it on those dates. Not sure if anyone has this or not. Thinking about putting it on DVD. Let me know.
Would love to see this! Especially after hearing the (alleged) alternate stereo mix on Help!
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

RalseiDeltarune wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:50 pm Would love to see this! Especially after hearing the (alleged) alternate stereo mix on Help!
Help has the 1965 mono soundtrack. AHDN has the music replaced (in mono) and some effects in stereo.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene