UPDATED: The Beatles Uncovered Vol 7 Mike's Mixes

Fan created remixes and rare variations
RubberSolof

UPDATED: The Beatles Uncovered Vol 7 Mike's Mixes

Post by RubberSolof »

Hey Kids,

It’s Mike here, back for Round 7 of some of my coolest remixes of Beatle tracks culled from over 300 shows I produced for a now defunct internet station called Beatles-A-Rama.

The thing I always found most fun (And still do) in working with Beatles tracks, is using the most modern equipment out there to rip the commercially released tracks apart… and then finding out what is hiding in the cracks and crevices of the music. The stuff buried beneath. The stuff you never usually get a chance to hear.

Until now!

That’s what this collection is all about.

I’m hoping that the hour of music in volume 7 will allow you to appreciate the greatest band in the world in a whole new way.

There’s a lot more where this came from… but below is a brief track by track summary of what I’ve included in this batch.

Enjoy!! hXXps://we.tl/t-Je0vW9W4Ie

Michael

Track Listing Notes:

1. Hey Jude 2024 Mike’s Mix3 – This one took over a month to make! I combined 6 different versions of Hey Jude together including all 3 live versions from David Frost. What made this so tough was going through every version and isolating every single shout and vocal improve that paul did during the last 4 minutes of the song… there were over 40 of them lasting anywhere from 2- 4 seconds. Once I had them isolated, I had to find spots to stick each one during the creation of this ULTIMATE HEY JUDE! Man was that tough to get the timings right on all of them but I’m generally happy with the way this turned out…and the first half vocals are just stunning!

2. Love Me Do 2024 Mike’s Mix – Amazing what happens when you basically reverse those pesky hiding harmony backing vocals with the lead vocals. It’s almost a different song!

3. Nobody Told Me 2023 Mike’s Mix – A nice mix from the stripped Double Fantasy sessions! But I wonder…why are their Nazi’s in the Bathroom just below the stairs??

4. This Is Love 2023 Mike’s Mix – Love this very mellow basically just vocals and bass version (with some other fun stuff thrown in here and there).

5. If I Fell 2024 Mike’s Mix – Another favorite track of mine that again becomes an almost totally different song by exchanging the lead and backing harmony vocals.

6. All Things Must Pass – 2021 Mike’s Piano Mix 2 – the switching of vocals continues on this one.. then i backed it with almost just a solo piano, So pretty in this form!

7. You Can’t Do That 2024 Mike’s Mix – The Bongos not Drums version… Go Ringo! and of course… less cowbell. Sorry Cowbell fans!

8. Tell Me Why 2024 Mike’s Mix – Switched the vocals again on this one.

9. Dear Yoko 2023 Mike’s Mix – Fun mix to make highlighting the harmonicas (which never get enough recognition)! Nice vocals too!

10. Breath Away From Heaven 2023 Mike’s Mix – These are some of George’s prettiest almost poetic lyrics. Really reduced this one down from the original version to end up with an almost totally stripped version. It’s not an album without a George Indian influenced song!

11. There’s A Place 2024 Mike’s Mix – More vocal switching here.

12. Twist And Shout 2024 Mike’s Mix – the focus is on John’s shredded Vocal chords here… this is painful to hear…. I can’t imagine the pain. John was sick with a major fever and was sucking down Zubes cough drops to try and help his voice. The Beatles had “finished” the Please Please Please album…11 straight hours of recording when George Martin, their producer, asked if they had anymore songs. They huddled together and decided to do this one. This was Take One. There was a second (failed) attempt at this (lost to history unfortunately) but John’s voice was just gone after screaming through this one. This version is one for the Ages! Listen at the end and you can hear john exhale/sigh in relief that the take was over.

13. Isn’t It A Pity v1 – 2021 Mike’s Mix – Another track where bringing up the backing vocals completely changes the way the song sounds. So Cool!!

14. If Not For You – 2023 Mike’s Piano Mix 2 – My second Piano mix for this collection. The guitar is beautiful on this song… but I saved that for another mix and decided to make the piano work on this be the Hero!

15. Can’t Buy Me Love - 2024 Mike’s Mix - Here’s a cool mix of Take 2’s Backing Vocals with Take 4’s lead vocals. It took some doing because they were recorded at different pitches. Luckily I have great and helpful tech people on line who showed me how to do that. Thanks Guys!

16. I’d Have You Any Time – 2021 Mike’s Mix – I love George’s ballads. Stunning guitar work on this one!

17. P.S. I Love You + Bonus track 2024 Mike’s Mix – Love George’s LOW harmonies on this one! Nice bass work from paul on this one (and many of the tracks on this volume. The bonus track is just a song that I always sang in my head and just seemed like a natural addition. It is also a song the Beatles recorded more versions of throughout their ENTIRE group and solo sessions. Obviously a favorite and in the version I picked the lads are really having fun with it. Nothing special about the bonus cut… it just had to be there. Cha Cha Boom!
Last edited by RubberSolof on Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BTL1210

Re: The Beatles Uncovered Vol 7 Mike's Mixes

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME stuff Mike - Thank you ......
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

thanks very much !!
D-listener

Post by D-listener »

Thank you these are a great listen!
greenfrog12

Post by greenfrog12 »

Thanks so much.
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Many thanks - really great!
beatlesbelmo

Post by beatlesbelmo »

You are a genius. Thanks for your mixes.
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Many Thanks
Modboy66

Post by Modboy66 »

Very cool thank you!
gaizoku

Post by gaizoku »

Thank you.