Black Cat August 21-30 1972 Release

Wherever you are, you are here…
glassonion

Re: Black Cat August 21-30 1972 Release

Post by glassonion »

ROBOB wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:21 am I found this link. http://blackcat.x10host.com/bca/
At first I thought you can download all these titles but unfortunately you can't.
But at least it gives you list of all The Black Cat titles.

Robob
Wow, and I thought I had all the titles... "Alien Productions?" What is this? I'm probably just behind the times but has anyone heard of this label? It's apparently a "subsidiary" of Black Cat (obviously, as it's on their website). But I've looked around the net and haven't found any mention outside of the above mentioned link. I used the search function here too but found nothing. I'm kind of interested.

I always sort of dug Black Cat and their emphasis on dialogue and other unconventional material. Of course that's not all they're known for but it's a major part. When I first got into beatlegs, BC and Darthdisc were my source for endless hours of interviews/press material I hadn't heard before. So I have a bit of a soft spot for them in particular.

Some of their releases are floating around on the net (mostly in mp3 format). Thankfully, I've accumulated a large chunk of their back catalog in flac. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to share what I've got. Maybe in a dedicated thread??? I don't know, but if I can contribute and sort of edge out some of the lossy sourced versions circulating I'd be happy to help.
srm1964

Post by srm1964 »

Alien Productions was mainly an "artwork" label for titles acquired in trade that were generics (no existing artwork). There might have been a few new transfers in the lot, especially for artists outside the Beatles family. Permanent Records were vinyl transfers, they tended to be concerts. Cheers Then was for Squeeze / Glenn Tilbrook titles. Wayback Images were VHS transfers to DVD.
monkeesfan1965

Post by monkeesfan1965 »

That George Harrison Live with Eric Clapton (Tokyo Dome 17 December 1991 (VHI 911217) ) looks very promising. IF anyone has it I'd appreciate a share.
"please tell your mother I am not a bum. I am a musician"
srm1964

Post by srm1964 »

That George concert is the same as the Video Heaven International tape posted here: viewtopic.php?t=8566

Different generation of VHS tape and different transfer, but the lineage goes back to the same source.