George Harrison - Video Heaven 1991 (various DVDs)

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
astronaut

George Harrison - Video Heaven 1991 (various DVDs)

Post by astronaut »

oh hi!

As I understand it Video Heaven was a beautiful collective of Japanese fans who filmed the entire 91 tour. At the moment, I only have these shows:

Osaka, 3.12.91: https://mega.nz/folder/F0BG0JSS#fX9pGPxhEkOUfN5bVCCVlg (incomplete, begins with Cloud 9)
Osaka 10.12.91: https://mega.nz/folder/p1QQiLzS#w5JqNps0mz6ekkRH4QrI6g (complete)
Osaka 12.12.91: https://mega.nz/folder/1whWHBiR#WrzP-zAvllomRcq7wqSCPQ (incomplete, ends on All Those Years Ago)
Tokyo 14.12.91: https://mega.nz/folder/0pIkDTyK#eVVPOTZVT5ItyE0E123SWg (complete)
Tokyo 15.12.91: https://mega.nz/folder/V4gFDZQB#nEPy5-HRWCLTnfD314QupA (complete)
Tokyo 17.12.91: https://mega.nz/folder/N5BGVZZJ#kmISX9fB1excE1yHkmGWDw (complete)

My Sweet Lord in Far East (various gigs from the tour): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

if anyone has the rest of the videos, please share with us :')
Last edited by astronaut on Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
applebonkerz

Re: George Harrison - Osaka and Tokyo Video Heaven 1991 (DVD)

Post by applebonkerz »

Thank you. Out of all of these shows/discs, which one or two would you say are the best/clearest quality throughout? In other words, if someone were just to download one of these shows, which would be the best choice to go for?
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

applebonkerz wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:45 am Thank you. Out of all of these shows/discs, which one or two would you say are the best/clearest quality throughout? In other words, if someone were just to download one of these shows, which would be the best choice to go for?
I recommend those in Tokyo, because unlike Osaka, during those three days at the Tokyo Dome there were screens on the sides of the stage (with the proshot that many of us here are waiting for). Even the cameraman filmed the screen for good minutes
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

astronaut wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:02 am
applebonkerz wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:45 am Thank you. Out of all of these shows/discs, which one or two would you say are the best/clearest quality throughout? In other words, if someone were just to download one of these shows, which would be the best choice to go for?
I recommend those in Tokyo, because unlike Osaka, during those three days at the Tokyo Dome there were screens on the sides of the stage (with the proshot that many of us here are waiting for). Even the cameraman filmed the screen for good minutes
It would be great to have all these recordings in other format than DVD. 8-)
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen:
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

Thanks a lot! This is a precious post!

However, I have a really hard time downloading from Mega... I don´t know what it is. In this case, I have to download file by file... It takes many attempts, and those many hours breaks between each couple of files.

On Osaka 12.12.91, I just can´t download the file VTS_01_1.VOB... I´ve been trying for days and always get a Mega error message.

Would anyone please make me a separate download for this file only, so I can complete this DVD? I´d really appreciate that.
Chuck and Dave

Post by Chuck and Dave »

for billylentz

enjoy!

hXXps://drive.google.com/file/d/1yb2M-g1j5Awg2uL4o4w8J54apoTHpO8x/view?usp=sharing
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

Chuck and Dave wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:45 pm for billylentz

enjoy!

hXXps://drive.google.com/file/d/1yb2M-g1j5Awg2uL4o4w8J54apoTHpO8x/view?usp=sharing
Can´t thank you enough, Chuck and Dave! Hope I´m in position of returning the favor sometime! Thanks a lot!
billylentz

Post by billylentz »

astronaut wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:03 am Video Heaven was a beautiful collective of Japanese fans who filmed the entire 91 tour.
Hey, Astronaut!

After many days, I finally finished downloading all the great DVDs you shared with us. Thank you!

I´ll tell you what... MEGA works really bad for me... It´s slow, the page doesn´t always load properly... At every couple of gb, it will make me wait for many hours until I can continue the download, but it doesn´t always work, so many times I have to go back to the start... Or the count won´t work, and I´ll have to wait for another five hours, which, if I have to go to work, for example, means waiting until the next day... Zipping just won´t work for larger files, so in this case I had to download file by file separately for each DVD. So, downloading this DVD required a lot of "patience and time to do it right"!

All this to say that it was very worth the effort.

I remember my mid to late teens, when George toured Japan and these videos began to appear. Back then, news were very scarce in Brazil, so we got very little except for the official album. I heard about the filming, through the very few and not ever efficient Beatles connections at the time, but it was all unobtainable. Over the years, except for a VHS of a Yokohama show, I got very few videos from this tour, but this has always been on my mind.

So, this collection you brought is really a dream come true. I´m so glad to get this. Thank you very much!
Last edited by billylentz on Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HiBeatlesFan

Post by HiBeatlesFan »

For future reference: Mega is great . You just have to use MegaBasterd, which is a free and safe download. Check out my previous posts about how to use it. MegaBasterd was introduced to me by MeanMrMustid. You download free proxies. Mega then spoofs your location so there is no download limit or throttling. It can resume downloads if you suffer a power hit or lose connectivity because you have bad internet connection.. I see speeds up to 19mB/second.

You will find people here and in Guitars 101 who post in mega, so it behooves you to look up MegaBasterd

Watch this on YouTube: