Spoken ‘intro’ on 1960 ‘I’ll Follow The Sun’

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
MarkRJones1970

Re: Spoken ‘intro’ on 1960 ‘I’ll Follow The Sun’

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:07 pm
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:31 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:56 am It's German I think, it was in LRE King's beatleg book (no relation to me).
I bought all his books and I don’t remember reading it in any of those. If it is German, what does it translate to then?
Yeah it was in Fixing A Hole I think.
Just had a flick through my copy (Lordy! It came out in 1989!). Other than a review of a bootleg called ‘The Quarrymen Rehearse with Stu Sutcliff Spring 1960’ on Pre Beatle Records it’s not mentioned. Even where it lists ‘I’ll Follow The Sun’ on that album there’s no mention of the speech preceding it. I had a nose at the sections at the front too (updates, new discoveries etc) and there’s no mention of it there either.

Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Lord Reith

Re: Spoken ‘intro’ on 1960 ‘I’ll Follow The Sun’

Post by Lord Reith »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:32 pm Just had a flick through my copy (Lordy! It came out in 1989!). Other than a review of a bootleg called ‘The Quarrymen Rehearse with Stu Sutcliff Spring 1960’ on Pre Beatle Records it’s not mentioned. Even where it lists ‘I’ll Follow The Sun’ on that album there’s no mention of the speech preceding it. I had a nose at the sections at the front too (updates, new discoveries etc) and there’s no mention of it there either.
Hmm. I did read it somewhere like that (maybe a fanzine?) and there was something about fans mis-hearing it as "Buy Me A Beer, Mr Shane" and that it was actually the song title Bei Mir Bistu Shein but listening to it again now that is clearly bollocks. It sounds phoenetically like "I need the shun". But since John is doing a silly voice that sounds like an old man or something maybe he is saying "sun" which would make sense. Sort of. Maybe the tape just caught the end of him saying something silly like "I need a holiday in Blackpool, I need the shun". :?

I don't think the garbled voice at the end is part of it. That sounds like someone else and something else like there's an edit in the tape where it was stopped and started again.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene