Puttin' On The Style (AI voiceover removal)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
BeatleGuy1949

Re: Puttin' On The Style (AI voiceover removal)

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank you for the post BeatlegPod
Egg_Crisis

Post by Egg_Crisis »

Thanks, I never saw this thread when it was first posted.
I had wondered if AI could remove the voiceovers from the few times they'd rubbed it in our faces, nice to hear someone tackle it.
Maybe one day the powers that be will condescend to allow us to hear the full recording of this and the one other song (which I think we've only ever heard the one tiny snippet of?)
dascottjr

Post by dascottjr »

Thank you for sharing! I know that a lot of people have been curious about what can (and can't) currently be done with filtering.

For comparison (and because I had been sitting on this one forever), here's a version that I cobbled together using a few different sources.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/150hnQW ... sp=sharing

To use the most complete audio possible, I kept in the radio special VO so we can hear more of the intro. I then cut to the TV special audio, filtering out only a little bit of voice-over at the start. I continue using the TV special audio (with VO) up until a certain point, where I then switch to the portion that was played (through headphones) during a museum exhibit. (The museum portion appeared in better quality on the TV special, but was covered in VO. Lord Reith opted for the TV audio, but I opted for the other.) My composite then concludes with the commonly-known auction sample.

Altogether, in order, you have: 1) radio special audio, 2) TV special audio (with VO filtered for only a few seconds), 3) museum headphone audio, and 4) auction sample audio. Surely, some EQ can improve on what I've done here (I'm no audio producer), but to me, this is the best reconstruction we're going to get until...well, until we get another mere 3 seconds of uninterrupted audio via another talking-heads anniversary special or some rubbish.

Enjoy!
BeatlegPod

Post by BeatlegPod »

dascottjr wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:24 pm Thank you for sharing! I know that a lot of people have been curious about what can (and can't) currently be done with filtering.

For comparison (and because I had been sitting on this one forever), here's a version that I cobbled together using a few different sources.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/150hnQW ... sp=sharing

To use the most complete audio possible, I kept in the radio special VO so we can hear more of the intro. I then cut to the TV special audio, filtering out only a little bit of voice-over at the start. I continue using the TV special audio (with VO) up until a certain point, where I then switch to the portion that was played (through headphones) during a museum exhibit. (The museum portion appeared in better quality on the TV special, but was covered in VO. Lord Reith opted for the TV audio, but I opted for the other.) My composite then concludes with the commonly-known auction sample.

Altogether, in order, you have: 1) radio special audio, 2) TV special audio (with VO filtered for only a few seconds), 3) museum headphone audio, and 4) auction sample audio. Surely, some EQ can improve on what I've done here (I'm no audio producer), but to me, this is the best reconstruction we're going to get until...well, until we get another mere 3 seconds of uninterrupted audio via another talking-heads anniversary special or some rubbish.

Enjoy!
Oh wow! I didn't know there was even more available! I'll see if I can integrate this into a 2nd version, including that extra chorus after verse two! Thank you!
BeatlegPod

Post by BeatlegPod »

***UPDATE***

Thanks so much to "dascottjr" for drawing my attention to the alternate recording which actually extends this even further, with better quality vocals for verse 2 and an entire extra chorus immediately after it! Total run time is now an uninterrupted 2 minutes and 1 second! New file link in the original post.

***UPDATE***
eclipsed1

Post by eclipsed1 »

"I then switch to the portion that was played (through headphones) during a museum exhibit. (The museum portion appeared in better quality on the TV special, but was covered in VO. Lord Reith opted for the TV audio, but I opted for the other.)"

I wonder if the Museum portion could be combined with the TV Special version in a way that allows the voiceover to be cancelled out/removed without too much loss in quality.....

Great share guys - Thanks so much!
BeatlegPod

Post by BeatlegPod »

eclipsed1 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:02 pm "I then switch to the portion that was played (through headphones) during a museum exhibit. (The museum portion appeared in better quality on the TV special, but was covered in VO. Lord Reith opted for the TV audio, but I opted for the other.)"

I wonder if the Museum portion could be combined with the TV Special version in a way that allows the voiceover to be cancelled out/removed without too much loss in quality.....

Great share guys - Thanks so much!
If you check out the new version I posted, I've been able to lift the vocal level for the preacher verse using the 2nd source, whilst also benefitting from the better drum clarity on Lord Reith's version, by matching and blending the two :)
Liverpools Boy

Post by Liverpools Boy »

Many thanks BeatlegPod, that's the best way to use the I.A. I'm happy because you have discovered it too.

But, the files are in stereo, joint, etc or mono?
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thanks dascottjr
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, Dascottjr and BeatlegPod! :mrgreen:
Ale.