X-minus website extractions

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: X-minus website extractions

Post by Lord Reith »

moptophugger wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:03 am Sorry guys, I didn't know I got trolled until today. Now the people behind the project are annoying me just for asking for the mogg, saying it was against the rules and it's illegal (Fun fact : They don't have the rights to use any of the Beatles songs) and it feels like a waste of time. It also effected my mental health overall as they made fun of me for everything I do.
As far as I can see they are the assholes not you. So you have no reason to feel bad.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lemonhead

Post by Lemonhead »

Moptophugger, you tried to do a good and helpful thing. It didn't work out - it happens. You made the effort - good for you. I have no idea why people troll and bully people online, but shame on them, ignore them, and look after yourself.
MP3J

Post by MP3J »

moptophugger wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:03 am Sorry guys, I didn't know I got trolled until today. Now the people behind the project are annoying me just for asking for the mogg, saying it was against the rules and it's illegal (Fun fact : They don't have the rights to use any of the Beatles songs) and it feels like a waste of time. It also effected my mental health overall as they made fun of me for everything I do.

Its not a problem, thanks for trying. The files will probably find their way out eventually....they always do.
I was marginally involved with the guys who ripped Beatles Rockband (and all the other RB games) for the multi track Moggs.
They had the files ripped and circulating amongst themselves for a good 6 months before I and a couple of others helped to get them out to the Beatle world in general. They took some convincing, but i knew they were important and had to be heard. They were scared that Apple/EMI/andthewholerecordingindustry would stomp on them. That's probably the case here.
The original rippers eventually created their own secret forum, i was a founding member....ToddS was there too, and a few other BeatlesRemixers and BZ members. Its still alive, but deathly quiet these days since the rhythm game has almost died out.
The files these new guys are using within their custom adaptations to RB HAVE to be home made....they won't be studio sourced like the original RB tracks, and hence won't be any different to anything one or two people HERE could create surely?!
CellarfulOfRutles

Post by CellarfulOfRutles »

Hello, Beatlegs forum. I would like to step in as someone who works on the project myself to tell as why we don't release our mogg files publicly. While it is, in fact, true that we don't own the rights to the songs, we keep them encrypted and hard to access to minimize the risk of the project getting shut down. This is why we don't distribute our moggs, or even the mixdowns of them. Our project and server is centered around continuing the legacy of the Beatles: Rock Band game, not for bootlegging material, as per our server's second rule. In addition, our stems are made for Rock Band use only, and aren't made to be listened to on our own. Our stems, as well as the official TB:RB multitracks that need extra separation, are made with the game in mind, so they're meant more for removing tracks as opposed to adding them. Hence, when played by themselves, the individual tracks don't sound as great. While this works for the game (for removing an audio track when you miss a note), it does not sound as well when isolated. One of the files previously posted here is, yes, in fact, our piano and mellotron track used on our custom of Christmas Time (Is Here Again). As you can see, it does not sound well isolated. Lastly, our stems are sourced from the stereo mixes. Anyone with a knowledge of instrument separation could do what we do.

Also coming in our server and calling us monkeys and imbeciles doesn't really help your case, moptophugger. Have a nice day, all! :)
Last edited by CellarfulOfRutles on Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

@CellarfulOfRutles...
Thank you, for the clarification/explanation. I find the entire subject of demixing, unmixing, separating, isolating the individual sonic components of multitrack productions beyond fascinating. The insight contained in successfully disassembled soundscapes has made it possible to appreciate the creative greatness of The Beatles in ways that were previously thought to be impossible. It also helps to understand the multitrack recording process as well. So, it boggles the mind to realize that this technology is still in its infancy and will only become more magical as time passes. It's a shame that the technology is already beyond my understanding because it is only going to get more complex and confusing. This process might be analogous to disassembling a Swiss watch and spreading the pieces across the work surface but it is much more enjoyable because the stems always reveal things that were meant to stay hidden. Please, understand that Beatles fans always want to know more. Hidden Beatles sounds will always be desired and I hope you succeed in all of your Stem Objectives. Someday, the technology may be able to separate all conversation from a recording of a crowded party. But, I know that your efforts are labor intensive and also not without legal risks. My hope is that you achieve all of your technical goals...and, THEN remember that Beatles fans(AT LEAST on this forum) would love to hear anything that you consider to be good. I have never played the ROCKBAND Game nor do I care about its limitations and improvements. I just love Beatles music and thought that the track(s) shared here was interesting enough to be heard. Even though the tracks weren't stems from SFF, I would love to know if the MOGG file(Bogey Music) was a stem made from the McCartney II album, or is it from another artist entirely?
Any help is appreciated!
Peace...
KC
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

To Moptophugger: Do not feel foolish at all or embarresed . We here at this Great Website are not laughing at you at all . You tried your best to share Beatles audio with us and we appreciate it . We all make mistakes . Take Care , ToddS.
CellarfulOfRutles

Post by CellarfulOfRutles »

Kwai Chang wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:01 pm @CellarfulOfRutles...
Thank you, for the clarification/explanation. I find the entire subject of demixing, unmixing, separating, isolating the individual sonic components of multitrack productions beyond fascinating. The insight contained in successfully disassembled soundscapes has made it possible to appreciate the creative greatness of The Beatles in ways that were previously thought to be impossible. It also helps to understand the multitrack recording process as well. So, it boggles the mind to realize that this technology is still in its infancy and will only become more magical as time passes. It's a shame that the technology is already beyond my understanding because it is only going to get more complex and confusing. This process might be analogous to disassembling a Swiss watch and spreading the pieces across the work surface but it is much more enjoyable because the stems always reveal things that were meant to stay hidden. Please, understand that Beatles fans always want to know more. Hidden Beatles sounds will always be desired and I hope you succeed in all of your Stem Objectives. Someday, the technology may be able to separate all conversation from a recording of a crowded party. But, I know that your efforts are labor intensive and also not without legal risks. My hope is that you achieve all of your technical goals...and, THEN remember that Beatles fans(AT LEAST on this forum) would love to hear anything that you consider to be good. I have never played the ROCKBAND Game nor do I care about its limitations and improvements. I just love Beatles music and thought that the track(s) shared here was interesting enough to be heard. Even though the tracks weren't stems from SFF, I would love to know if the MOGG file(Bogey Music) was a stem made from the McCartney II album, or is it from another artist entirely?
Any help is appreciated!
Peace...
KC
Hello. Due to the ways our moggs are made, you wouldn't be finding anything that you wouldn't already hear on the official tracks. Our moggs are, easily put, just separations of the official stereo tracks, nothing is "hidden" and everything is taken directly from the Beatles' own albums. All the tools we use audio-wise are publicly available or publicly sold, so, like we've said, this is something anyone who has an understanding of audio technology (and I'm sure plenty of people on this forum do) can do easily. Our moggs are nowhere near the quality of what Harmonix could do for the original game, as Harmonix had access to the original masters. So no one is missing out on anything from us not releasing our moggs. We're just a fan project dedicated to playing and creating content for our favorite game. If you're looking for "hidden Beatles sounds", then you have the wrong people, our apologies.

And as for Bogey Music, those are not the stems to it, it's just an inside joke among the staff of the project.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

@CellarfulOfRutles...
Thank you, for the thoughtful response. It was so lucid that it made me realize my logic has been in error for the entire MOGG era. I am sure you know the LOVE album quite well. It had a DVD component in the deluxe version containing a 5.1 surround mix. An unauthorized release(Loveology/Thumbs Up Records) featured the isolated separations in various combinations. I was amazed by McCartney's backing vocals on Come Together. It was revelatory. These things might not be hidden, but when they are mixed so low that they can't be appreciated...then(in this case) a superior performance can elude the cognizance. That's why, even as I disagree with chopping Beatles songs into a project like LOVE, it is still my favorite Beatles album. The songs have been dissected to a point that brings enlightenment to the realm of familiarity. I don't listen to it that much but it is a very new way to know more about the already great music.
So, I failed to remember that the LOVE project is not fan made and...that, the McCartney backing vocals on Come Together could never have been isolated from the Abbey Road LP.
Keep up the good work!
Sincerely,
KC

(hi, ToddS)
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

OK Kids... Let's go down the rabbit hole...

Please see the Isolations of McCartney 1,2,3 for my "Isolations of the Isolations of McCartney 1,2,3" using this amazing process.

I will leave it up to greater minds than mine to do with them what they will.

Enjoy!
-RubberSolof
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks CellarfulOfRutles for elaborating. Indeed, people can make their own multichannel files using Spleeter and like I said in another thread, all you have to do is enable the multi-channel export in audacity to create single wave, flac or ogg files with 8 embedded tracks. I've never played a computer game in my life but if people want to just share multitrack files they've created, a multichannel flac is the best format.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene