I Call Your Name, Anytime At All, I'll Cry Instead, Hard Day's Night, Matchbox - Capitol stereo remixes

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Modboy66

I Call Your Name, Anytime At All, I'll Cry Instead, Hard Day's Night, Matchbox - Capitol stereo remixes

Post by Modboy66 »

Some updates for the HDN era -

I'm really into the Capitol records mixes since I grew up with those.

I Call Your Name - I love the loose feel of I Call Your Name from the stereo Beatles Second Album, except for the drenched reverb, so I used a dereverbed mix of that from Purple Chick (Barrett tape I believe?), attempted to clean up drums, acoustic guitar and double tracked vocal. Flew in a clean bass from the mono single and tried to warm up the eq on the drums and vocal a bit. I also added cowbell in the right channel at the top like the single mix and faded that into the R drum track.

Anytime At All - Took the Something New stereo mix and lowered George Martin's piano overdub - as on the mono Something New. Cleaned up rhythm guitar, added the mono bass track and some rebalancing overall.

Hard Day's Night - United Artists released an 8-track mix of Hard Day's Night with an edited extended ending that I love, but in lo-fo mono - so I made a stereo one

Matchbox - the mono mix has a (better) second half of the guitar solo - so I made a stereo version

I'll Cry Instead - a repost of my stereo mix of the extended version

I Should Have Known Better - single track vocal remix

Slow down - the BBC version, there were drop outs in the guitar track, was able to marry them

updates: hxxps://we.tl/t-mukO3K2uYB
Last edited by Modboy66 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:26 am, edited 7 times in total.
Modboy66

Re: I Call Your Name, Anytime At All - Capitol stereo remixes

Post by Modboy66 »

if you noticed guitars were slightly out of phase on Anytime At All, you're right. Ain't no separating it from the acoustic lol. Apologies - synched up better, also tuned up George Martin's piano! - hxxps://we.tl/t-3abP72tthj
Modboy66

Post by Modboy66 »

HarrisonBeat86

Post by HarrisonBeat86 »

Possible to get a re up ? Thanks !
Modboy66

Re: I Call Your Name, Anytime At All, I'll Cry Instead, Hard Day's Night, Matchbox - Capitol stereo remixes

Post by Modboy66 »

posted above - enjoy