LIVE AND LOST (updated) re-up

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: LIVE AND LOST (updated)

Post by Lord Reith »

mitchellmichael wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:48 am Egad! Well I will take this down. New version anyone??
Sorry I should have said thanks for helping. We all make mistakes. The final version has an extra track after Long tall Sally where Mike and Bernie Winters say goodbye and some music plays. That's the easisest way to identify it.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:14 am
mitchellmichael wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:48 am Egad! Well I will take this down. New version anyone??
Sorry I should have said thanks for helping. We all make mistakes. The final version has an extra track after Long tall Sally where Mike and Bernie Winters say goodbye and some music plays. That's the easisest way to identify it.
It’s all good. Would you mind uploading the version you’re referring to? I’d appreciate it for one.
Cheers
Mike
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Here again for one week is the final complete version:

http://tinyurl.com/exp-16-feb
TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Thank you very much
astronaut

Post by astronaut »

I find this is an excellent bootleg as a UK counterpart to what exists of the Ed Sullivan shows in the US, and it's a great time to listen to it!

thank you my lord!
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks, Lord !!
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:46 am Here again for one week is the final complete version:

http://tinyurl.com/exp-16-feb
Cheers LR!
Cheers
Mike
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

astronaut wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:51 pm I find this is an excellent bootleg as a UK counterpart to what exists of the Ed Sullivan shows in the US, and it's a great time to listen to it!

thank you my lord!
Yes, I see where you're going with that. Sunday Night At The Palladium was in fact the Ed Sullivan Show of the UK. And Blackpool Night Out was pretty big too, simply because Lew Grade could get all the stars like Ed Sullivan could. Mike and Bernie Winters were second rate comedians who never would have gotten a tv show otherwise.
Gummo

Re: LIVE AND LOST (updated) re-up

Post by Gummo »

Just posting this here because it's the latest thread featuring Lord Reith:

I'm sitting here listening to LR's remix of the Stowe School concert after putting it aside for a bit, and it's an amazing accomplishment. The original tape is almost unlistenable, yet somehow LR was able to tame the distortion, remove the omnipresent AC noise, boost the vocals and turn sonic garbage into an historic gem on a par with the Star Club tapes.

As the only existing long-form Beatles concert, this is capital "I" important. And I can't imagine a commercial record company doing even a fraction as well.

Thanks again, LR, you're an artist and a scholar. BeatlesWorld is richer for your input.
Lord Reith

Re: LIVE AND LOST (updated) re-up

Post by Lord Reith »

Gummo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:10 pm Just posting this here because it's the latest thread featuring Lord Reith:

I'm sitting here listening to LR's remix of the Stowe School concert after putting it aside for a bit, and it's an amazing accomplishment. The original tape is almost unlistenable, yet somehow LR was able to tame the distortion, remove the omnipresent AC noise, boost the vocals and turn sonic garbage into an historic gem on a par with the Star Club tapes.

As the only existing long-form Beatles concert, this is capital "I" important. And I can't imagine a commercial record company doing even a fraction as well.

Thanks again, LR, you're an artist and a scholar. BeatlesWorld is richer for your input.
Wow, thankyou for that. I am quite proud of that one. I think I even enjoy that concert more than the Star Club, because while the content is similar there is a much happier vibe to it. The SC is grimy punk, played to an unappreciative audience of drunks and the appeal of it is listening to The Beatles off the leash and going for it. But Stowe captures them in a much happier space, in the full flush of new found fame and with an appreciative audience of young guys revelling in the music. I was crushed when I heard the first snippets on the radio and it sounded so awful. I'm glad that people are at least now able to enjoy it as a regular concert.