The Beatles Please Please me Project

Fan created remixes and rare variations
peter61

The Beatles Please Please me Project

Post by peter61 »

I just finished the entire project of "The Beatles Please Please Me" album in MOGG and isolated tracks, but, first, before sharing the work, I would like to share with you 2 snippets stereo mixes I made from this project.

Secondly, I will share two mixes of each track which I will put on line regularly and finally, I will share the entire work (MOGG and Isolated tracks)

This work took me more time than expected, because those tracks only exist in mono or two-track stereo, comparatively to the others because they are available in (at least) three track stereo. I really hope you will enjoy!

Here is the first part of the project:

Snippet 1 Mixes 1 & Snippet 2 Mixes 2 :

Here are the first and the second of the approximately 30 second examples of each remixed songs:

Please Please Me Album Stereo Remixes Snippets 1:
Link to audio file:
hxxps://mega.nz/file/681UVKDQ#SA42eNfq_ ... 7B4DDJnb6w

Please Please Me Album Stereo Remixes Snippets 2:
Link to audio file:
hxxps://mega.nz/file/KpEFBaTT#RBmdWBFG- ... Xvt0TGaO6Y

The playlist of each:

01 - I Saw her Standing There
02 - Misery
03 - Anna (Go To Him)
04 - Chains
05 - Boys
06 - Ask Me Why
07 - Please Please Me
08 - Love Me Do
09 - P.S. I Love You
10 - Baby It's You
11 - Do You Want To Know A Secret
12 - A Taste Of Honey
13 - There's A Place
14 - Twist And Shout
alphabeatles

Re: The Beatles Please Please me Project

Post by alphabeatles »

Peter! You always do such great work! Yeah, we're gonna need these ASAP! ;-)

My first thoughts (such as they are in the 7am hour...):

While both mixes are excellent examples of demixing, I think set 1 is an easier casual listen (ie, more coherent with the drums centered).

It's nice to hear the backing vocals isolated, but maybe hard-R is not the best placement for them (and on a few you went hard-L, breaking consistency), maybe closer to 2 o'clock would be less "jarring". If you want to share the highlighted isolated elements, maybe some additional mixes (instrumental, then vocals-only as you've done before) is a good way.

On set 2 there are daring "naked open spaces" not heard on set 1 (due to the wider mix), and a bit more demix "pumping" and "shwarming", but you know we need to have both mixes...

There are also places here and there where main vocals seem too loud or the backing only seems too loud and competes.

As for George: He did alright as a main vocalist but his backing vocals, oooooh. To me he sounds "off key" and lingers a bit too long sometimes. As I am someone who cannot sing, I hear that stuff right away ;-)
Last edited by alphabeatles on Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

Look forward to the final product. It's interesting with the se early albums (esp. the first two) to see what folks can do with them. What a fun "audio age" we live in now. Audiophiles like myself are in seventh heaven.
But now these days are gone; I'm not so self-assured. Now I find, I've changed my mind, and opened up the doors.
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank Tou peter61. Always glad to see your posts
peter61

Post by peter61 »

Thank you all!
alphabeatles, these snippets were made only to show the possibilities of today's technology which means that the backing vocals, the lead vocal or several instruments can be set at any position and at the desired volume and that's what makes the beauty of it, even someone who is not comfortable remixing can do it without difficulty.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

peter61 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:52 am Thank you all!
alphabeatles, these snippets were made only to show the possibilities of today's technology which means that the backing vocals, the lead vocal or several instruments can be set at any position and at the desired volume and that's what makes the beauty of it, even someone who is not comfortable remixing can do it without difficulty.
Kind of like Legos or Tinker Toys! We want this for Christmas! ;-)
gaizoku

Post by gaizoku »

Thank you.
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Top stuff Peter! Can't wait for the complete release.

Thank you!!
Fabricio4322

Post by Fabricio4322 »

The "Snippets Mixes 2" asks for a Key, can you fix this?
peter61

Post by peter61 »

Fabricio4322 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:52 am The "Snippets Mixes 2" asks for a Key, can you fix this?
Thank you all!
Fabricio4322, I made tests and everything is fine, just check how you copy the link, or perhaps you succeeded to get the audio file now.