Beatles for Sale Remixes?

Fan created remixes and rare variations
NowhereFan

Beatles for Sale Remixes?

Post by NowhereFan »

My own collection consists of cuts from the mixes of Lord Reith and ProfStoned (very good, for those here who are unfamiliar with him).

Has anyone else in this forum done a remix of that album or even just some of the songs on it?

Later note: I did do a search and found a thread from Sep. 28th of this year about it, with a Bombers_1969 remix. Somehow I missed it at the time.
But now these days are gone; I'm not so self-assured. Now I find, I've changed my mind, and opened up the doors.
steve1950

Re: Beatles for Sale Remixes?

Post by steve1950 »

Here is the link to profstoned site.

http://www.profstoned.com/
Bombers_1969

Post by Bombers_1969 »

NowhereFan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:33 pm My own collection consists of cuts from the mixes of Lord Reith and ProfStoned (very good, for those here who are unfamiliar with him).

Has anyone else in this forum done a remix of that album or even just some of the songs on it?

Later note: I did do a search and found a thread from Sep. 28th of this year about it, with a Bombers_1969 remix. Somehow I missed it at the time.
Just sent a link via the BFS remix thread ...
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

NowhereFan wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:33 pm My own collection consists of cuts from the mixes of Lord Reith and ProfStoned (very good, for those here who are unfamiliar with him).

Hi NowhereFan- so as not to cloud the other thread by Bombers, here is a remix I did from the excellent DR Robert vinyl MFSL rip of BFS - (& converted to stems) - in 2021
Valid till 26th Dec

Hope you enjoy 8-)
hxxps://we.tl/t-iq1vCCZD1F
Tex

Post by Tex »

I have a few I'll post after work.
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

fishbeardsunset wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:07 pm

Hi NowhereFan- so as not to cloud the other thread by Bombers, here is a remix I did from the excellent DR Robert vinyl MFSL rip of BFS - (& converted to stems) - in 2021
Valid till 26th Dec

Hope you enjoy 8-)
hxxps://we.tl/t-iq1vCCZD1F
Thanks very much!
But now these days are gone; I'm not so self-assured. Now I find, I've changed my mind, and opened up the doors.
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

Engonoceras wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:28 pm I have a few I'll post after work.
Thank you, too. Can't wait to listen to all of the posted remixes for this often underrated album.
Tex

Post by Tex »

Fortunately this album sounds really good as is in it's original stereo. The stereo was rush mixed so we got less reverb and compression.

The only flaw besides the necessary crude panning is the vocals maybe like 2 decibels too loud on some tracks by modern tastes.
Last edited by Tex on Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NowhereFan

Post by NowhereFan »

Makes sense. I do like some reverb (esp. with soft, melodious songs), but not to excess. A happy medium . . . I eagerly look forward to any of your mixes, as always. And I much prefer centered drums, which you pretty much always do.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME share fishbeardsunset - Thank you ......