The Beatles Twelve Days At Twickenham (Unicorn Records 18 CD Set) New Rips / Original Discs

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
cliftdean74

Re: The Beatles Twelve Days At Twickenham (Unicorn Records 18 CD Set) New Rips / Original Discs

Post by cliftdean74 »

iPanggo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:22 pm Just checked out this rip, and I can confirm that the 11khz cut is present here too, meaning that it wasn't a ripping error but it comes directly from the source. Only the first 4 volumes have this. Weird, since the source is pretty much the same as the Kum Back set (ATRAC), however Kum Back has no "extra" frequency cuts.

By the way, I'm not an expert at this, but can someone explain what a "sliver CD" is and what's the difference between CDR?
What source for this material has better quality “Twelve Days” by Unicorn or the Kum Back set? I have that set on CD-R. I don’t believe there was ever a factory pressing of it? I might be wrong.
iPanggo

Re: The Beatles Twelve Days At Twickenham (Unicorn Records 18 CD Set) New Rips / Original Discs

Post by iPanggo »

cliftdean74 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:51 pm
iPanggo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:22 pm Just checked out this rip, and I can confirm that the 11khz cut is present here too, meaning that it wasn't a ripping error but it comes directly from the source. Only the first 4 volumes have this. Weird, since the source is pretty much the same as the Kum Back set (ATRAC), however Kum Back has no "extra" frequency cuts.

By the way, I'm not an expert at this, but can someone explain what a "sliver CD" is and what's the difference between CDR?
What source for this material has better quality “Twelve Days” by Unicorn or the Kum Back set? I have that set on CD-R. I don’t believe there was ever a factory pressing of it? I might be wrong.
I don't know if Kum Back was ever officially pressed, and I'm still trying to figure out the central source behind the ATRAC rip commonly bootlegged of the Nagras through my research.
As I said, Kum Back is "clean", without any frequency cuts (well, aside the obvious ATRAC compression of the common Nagra source), so it's better than TDAT. Other than the 11khz cut, I don't know if there are any other differences.
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
gaizoku

Post by gaizoku »

Thank you.
dumbchops

Post by dumbchops »

Thanks again! And again!
My full name is Uncle Capt. "Skipper" Dumbchops and I seem to have misplaced my electric pretzel sharpener.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

dumbchops wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:07 pm Thanks again! And again!
You’re very welcome!
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Another awesome share! Between your Unicorn Get Back sets and the Millennium Remasters, just about everything I've downloaded lately stems from your shares. Thank you!
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:13 pm Another awesome share! Between your Unicorn Get Back sets and the Millennium Remasters, just about everything I've downloaded lately stems from your shares. Thank you!
I’m glad you’re enjoying them. Lots more to come!
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

Thanks to you and Yves for fresh rips of these sets! I truly appreciate the mammoth effort!
Cheers
Mike