The Beatles At The Beeb 1982 extended

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Ziggy C

Re: The Beatles At The Beeb 1982 extended

Post by Ziggy C »

You are certainly one sick individual. And I mean that in only the nicest, most complimentary of ways. Inflicting upon us time and time again, your skewed perception of Beatledom. This OCD taken to the nth degree towards presenting the world's greatest band in such ways that the pimples on the ass of today's Apple would soil themselves repeatedly as these refined sounds are something they couldn't possibly fathom, or come up with on their own.

What I mean to say, if you haven't already gathered is this:

Dude!!
Thanks for all you do. I very much appreciate your "angle" when it comes to sharing the sounds that drive you. I am grateful (a weak word...let me try again...) I am frequently floored by the finished product that you post. The time it takes, the anguish. The living and dreaming of this stuff mid-production as you brainstorm how you're going to improve upon it. The sleepless nights. The eternally haunting earworms of many songs-in-mid-reproduction simultaneously. All that goes in to producing a mighty fine piece of work.

Yeah, we have the original albums. Yeah, we have the "Apple" re-inventions. Yeah, we have the very obvious shortcomings of the Son Of Frankenstein.

But what I appreciate and am glad for, is that you keep at it. You throw down in the biggest of ways. And beyond.

Thank you for this. And thank you for what you're doing. The Beatles always make me smile. There is an invisible thread, that, I think, goes through all of us when we hear these wonderful sounds.

If there were an award, I'm certain you'd turn it down. Or send it up. Either way, if there was some way to send you, at the very least, some awesome treats from my wife's stove. I would at the very least, make that happen.
Modboy66

Post by Modboy66 »

Fantastic! Thank you
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Ziggy C wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:55 am You are certainly one sick individual. And I mean that in only the nicest, most complimentary of ways. Inflicting upon us time and time again, your skewed perception of Beatledom.
Well, thankyou. That's probably the nicest compliment anyone has ever paid me. The truth is, I just can't help myself. It probably is a sickness, but one at least that benefits others.
Captain_Kidd wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:41 pm I remember buying a 3LP set when I was in New York in 1986. I’d heard the original show on the BBC in the UK and it was great to have this disc, and, even better, the US broadcast was an extended version! But… the pressing was noisy and warped and you had to crank up the volume to get a decent sound, which, of course, also amplified the snaps, crackles and pops.
Yeah I bought that as a cash strapped schoolboy and it was one of my dearest belongings for a long time. Even though it was a counterfeit, I still loved that it was an actual set made for radio stations. As you say the quality was not as good as the cassette recordings we made off the radio, but it was the only way people not in the USA could hear the full show.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Okay, you've had the red... now it's time for the blue!

https://tinyurl.com/exp-dec-24
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thank you !
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Many Thanks M'Lord for everything that you do ...... AWESOME shares .....
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

karen.jpg
karen.jpg (56.39 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
Paharishi

Post by Paharishi »

Thank U, Lord Reith. And Merry Christmas.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Mmmm. Beeb. Best Beatle flavor.
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thanks Lord Reith !