The Beatles Get Back Camera B Rolls (Unicorn Records 24 CD Set) New Rips / Original Discs

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
20YearsAgo

Re: The Beatles Get Back Camera B Rolls (Unicorn Records) New Rips From Original Discs

Post by 20YearsAgo »

This is a beautiful post. Thank you! And thanks to yymca6 for his tagging and pdf efforts!
cliftdean74

Re: The Beatles Get Back Camera B Rolls (Unicorn Records) New Rips From Original Discs

Post by cliftdean74 »

20YearsAgo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:54 pm This is a beautiful post. Thank you! And thanks to yymca6 for his tagging and pdf efforts!
It's been 21 years since so we're probably OK on this one ;)
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

Thanks a lot for the share!!
Now, for context, I was talking with cliftdean74, who gave me early access to some volumes, and I noticed that Volume 11, Disc 21, Track 5 is glitched out, most notably, it has an 8 second dropout. We came to the conclution that it might be a disc manufacturing error and/or that it's unique to one of the 2 editions available for this set.

Since the forum is giving me problems with PMs, I'll post here my "answer":

Here is my fix.
hxxps://we.tl/t-ICtYdpGw6I

Comparing the 2 rips side by side (this one and the old shared one), there are some tiny sample/speed differences, so I was not able to subtract the tracks and isolate the possible glitches. This pretty much confirms that the rips are from different editions of the set. Cliftdean74's rip also has some DC offset (exactly like Yellow Dog's Complete Rooftop Concert, which uses the same source), but the old one doesn't. I also noticed that the audio dropout isn't the only glitch, but there are some clicks earlier in the track too.

What I did was basically using the first 2 seconds of the new rip (since the old rip is glitched in the beginning), then cutting to the old one which seems to have no glitches, and I removed the DC offset on those 2 seconds.

So far, I only checked out this specific track, and haven't made comparisons with the rest of the set, so I hope there aren't anymore anomalies like this!
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

iPanggo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:31 pm Thanks a lot for the share!!
Now, for context, I was talking with cliftdean74, who gave me early access to some volumes, and I noticed that Volume 11, Disc 21, Track 5 is glitched out, most notably, it has an 8 second dropout. We came to the conclution that it might be a disc manufacturing error and/or that it's unique to one of the 2 editions available for this set.

Since the forum is giving me problems with PMs, I'll post here my "answer":

Here is my fix.
hxxps://we.tl/t-ICtYdpGw6I

Comparing the 2 rips side by side (this one and the old shared one), there are some tiny sample/speed differences, so I was not able to subtract the tracks and isolate the possible glitches. This pretty much confirms that the rips are from different editions of the set. Cliftdean74's rip also has some DC offset (exactly like Yellow Dog's Complete Rooftop Concert, which uses the same source), but the old one doesn't. I also noticed that the audio dropout isn't the only glitch, but there are some clicks earlier in the track too.

What I did was basically using the first 2 seconds of the new rip (since the old rip is glitched in the beginning), then cutting to the old one which seems to have no glitches, and I removed the DC offset on those 2 seconds.

So far, I only checked out this specific track, and haven't made comparisons with the rest of the set, so I hope there aren't anymore anomalies like this!
The glitched track (V11 / D21 / T5) was replaced in my upload with a clean file provided by Yves. I made a note of it in the info file. I will also download your patched file and put it in the main download folder so that everything is in one place. The glitched track has two replacements that will be noted. Thanks for your efforts in correcting this issue!
iPanggo

Post by iPanggo »

cliftdean74 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:08 pm
The glitched track (V11 / D21 / T5) was replaced in my upload with a clean file provided by Yves. I made a note of it in the info file. I will also download your patched file and put it in the main download folder so that everything is in one place. The glitched track has two replacements that will be noted. Thanks for your efforts in correcting this issue!
Oh, my bad, I didn't notice that it was alredy fixed!
Anyways, I'll leave this as my tiny "discoveries" of the difference between the rips of the set. I could probably spend tons of time and doing a full comparison track-by-track, but I'm too busy to do that anytime soon.
Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark.
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

This is an extremely generous share, cliftdean74. Thank you for all you efforts!
henkcordia1949

Post by henkcordia1949 »

Thank you very much!!
Toe Blake

Post by Toe Blake »

Thank you so much for this awesome post!
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Thank you cliftdean74 for this wonderful set - very kind of you. i will really enjoy this.
paulramon

Post by paulramon »

Many thanks, appreciate your kindness and dedication!