Re: Real Love and Free As A Bird (new 2024 mixes) + tweak

Post by MUR »

reup
dropmefiles.com/FiRXI
or
easyupload.io/fz6wuo
or
pixeldrain.com/u/YYy9ggaf

Thanks Lord Reith for original share! Superb!
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
Lon Chaney III

Post by Lon Chaney III »

Many thanks for the reups!

Excellent stuff Lord Reith. Really enjoyable and a real improvement on the originals. I may have been fooling myself but I sensed a reduction in Jeff Lynne's influence which is no bad thing at all. All it needs now is a remix of Now And Then by you (which you may well have already done) and you would have a fantastic single - Now and Then c/w Free As A Bird and Real Love. I'd buy that for a dollar! :D
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Lon Chaney III wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:32 pm Excellent stuff Lord Reith. Really enjoyable and a real improvement on the originals. I may have been fooling myself but I sensed a reduction in Jeff Lynne's influence which is no bad thing at all.
To be honest I get a little confused when I hear people talk about that. Maybe I haven't heard enough ELO, but neither of those songs sounded that odd to me. The drums are quite "big" but they don't seem that different to the drums in the Pepper period to me. They were going for an 80s sound I think... certainly by 1995 that sort of sound was past history. But if they'd done it like Nirvana it probably wouldn't have worked! :lol:
All it needs now is a remix of Now And Then by you (which you may well have already done) and you would have a fantastic single - Now and Then c/w Free As A Bird and Real Love. I'd buy that for a dollar! :D
Well, I think you'll find that if you listen to the atmos mix in stereo it is pretty much perfect. Bizarely it is way better than the actual stereo mix. In fact, that often seems to be the case.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Rorsontherun

Post by Rorsontherun »

Thanks for the reup!!!

I'm just listening to Real Love and sounds superb! This one's my fav from the Threetles.

Thanks Lord Reith for all your mixes, always sound superb!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks!

In the latest Things We Said Today podcast Peter Jackson talks about wanting to redo these.
beatlesondvd

Post by beatlesondvd »

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:16 pm In the latest Things We Said Today podcast Peter Jackson talks about wanting to redo these.
Thanks for the heads-up. This led me to browse the archives of that show, all the way back to episode #8 from 2012, Should Paul McCartney finish 'Now and Then'? Looking forward to listening to that one as well.
Toe Blake

Post by Toe Blake »

Really appreciate these files, and your stellar work Lord Reith!
jhcl40

Post by jhcl40 »

Great!, but i miss this one, same Decca Dilemma, can you re-up?... Thanks for ALL!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

jhcl40 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:25 pm Great!, but i miss this one, same Decca Dilemma, can you re-up?... Thanks for ALL!
I think these were re-upped by MUR further up the page. Better make a request in the Decca Dilemma thread for the other one.