The Beatles Uncovered Vol 4 Mike's Mixes

Fan created remixes and rare variations
RubberSolof

The Beatles Uncovered Vol 4 Mike's Mixes

Post by RubberSolof »

Hey Kids,
It’s Mike here, back for Round 4 of some of my coolest remixes of Beatle tracks culled from over 300 shows I produced for a now-defunct internet station called Beatles-A-Rama.

The thing I always found most fun (And still do) in working with Beatles tracks, is using the most modern equipment out there to rip the commercially released tracks apart… and then finding out what is hiding in the cracks and crevices of the music. The stuff buried beneath. The stuff you never usually get a chance to hear.

Until now!

That’s what this collection is all about.

I’m hoping that the hour of music in volume four will allow you to appreciate the greatest band in the world in a whole new way.

There’s a lot more where this came from… but below is a brief track-by-track summary of what I’ve included in this batch.

Enjoy!! https://go.wetransfer.com/t-sKlMh4ANEi

Michael

1. Long Tall Sally - Let's start off with a bang… or a lot of them as Ringo, once he’s uncovered, puts on a stellar performance that just blew me away once I cleared out the dust…but then again so did everybody on this one! You get a solo and you get a solo and you get a solo! I love this mix!
2. Bad Boy - Another rocking mix featuring Georges’s great Guitar Playing and John’s Screams!
3. I Call Your Name - Paul’s Bass and George’s Guitar work are front and center here.
4. Yes It Is - I’m a sucker for Ballads and the Beatles harmonies, and this is the first of a bunch on this collection. I removed John from most of this so you can hear Paul and George’s beautiful counter melodies.
5. Now And Then - Hot off the presses this week, this was a bear to mix. First, it is super, super compressed (DR 4 (out of 16)) so I could barely pull individual tracks from the main stereo track. Then, when I finally did, each separate track sounded like even more crap when isolated from the whole. God Bless (and yet curse) the original mixer on this one! I’m fairly happy though with my end result… I feel like a Magician who has pulled a bunny from a giant turd. Go Me!
6. I Am The Walrus - Now this was fun to demix!! So much stuff going on in this one that it was difficult to choose what to include and what to leave off! I took some liberties with this one redoing both the beginning and the end moving things around as I found them buried deep in the mix, to other places where you could finally hear them after all these years. Well worth the effort!! ENJOY!
7. I’m Down - I pulled a lot of instruments from this track but it really clears it out to hear the fun things happening below this originally very busy mix. Love the harmonies and screams! The boys were certainly having fun on this one!
8. Matchbox - Ringo is on a rare lead vocal here and doing a stellar job. I feature George Martin’s fantastic honky tonk piano playing and Paul’s bass on this.
9. This Boy - Another favorite ballad in the same style as Yes It Is. It was great to reduce it to just Paul’s Bass and the Lads harmonies. Once again subtracting John’s lead from most of the song lets you hear Paul and George’s beautiful backing.
10. Watching The Wheels - I made 2 different very different mixes of this track by John, but here is the one with just the bass backing (the other has just a piano backing). Love the way this turns the song into this mellow duet between John’s voice and Tony Levin’s bass. Gorgeous!
11. Hear Me Lord - George’s soulful singing and Billy Preston’s lovely keyboard playing take front and center on this track.
12. Hey Bulldog - Another fun mix to put together. The video of the making of this song shows the guys having a load of fun recording it. Great bass work from Paul and wonderful guitar work from John and George. I had fun with the ending! Ruff!
13. You’re Sixteen - The first time I saw a Playboy magazine this song was playing in the background. Both left a lasting impression lol! A great song featuring Ringo, Paul and Harry Nillson on vocals! I tried to focus on the lovely, fun harmonies that were going on during the whole thing! What shall we do with a drunken sailor??
14. I Saw Her Standing There - I once again fooled with the classic beginning to give it a bit more swing. I also used a different take which was the first bootlegged Beatles song I ever heard. Hearing this song cranked loud and high on my home stereo was what led to my 40-plus years of collecting. Thanks Guys!
15. I Feel Fine - Ringo’s fun playing brought to the forefront lets you hear this song in a completely different way.
16. Lady Madonna - this song had such a prominent piano lead… that that had to be the first thing I pitched when I began to mix it LOL. Clearing that out lets you hear all sorts of fun things happening underneath… like that awesome sax solo and Paul’s rollicking bass line.
17. Because - Originally done in 9-part harmony, it was years before the original 3-part, unoverdubbed, version came out… but then it was even years more after that before technological audio separation advances allowed the splitting of even that original 3 parts into just John, Paul and George’s vocals. Since John was singing the main lead melody we all know and love…I removed his voice to let you hear just George’s bass vocals and Paul’s high Harmonies… And then I went one better by putting George’s vocals to the left and Paul’s to the right… Stunning
18. A Day In The Life - Another mix that was so much fun to put together. I melded a few different takes together to make this one… and then I completely redid the famous inner groove made up of parts of the original inner groove. A fantastic ending to this collection and hopefully a splendid time was guaranteed for all!!

Thanks for listening! And make sure you come back for Volume 5 already in the works!!

-RubberSolof
Fab57

Re: The Beatles Uncovered Vol 4 Mike's Mixes

Post by Fab57 »

All of these remixes are superb. A big thank you for your efforts and for sharing. Much appreciated.
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, Mike! :mrgreen:
Ale.
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Many many thanks!!
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You for sharing your mixes with us like you always do. I appreciate it.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME stuff - Thanks Mike for Vol.4 ....
niallquinn

Post by niallquinn »

Ditto, reup please!! Thanks!
Toe Blake

Post by Toe Blake »

<< Bump >>
Would some kind soul re-up... pretty please? ;)