THE DECCA DILEMMA (re-up)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: THE DECCA DILEMMA (Vols. 1-3)

Post by Lord Reith »

Well, the verdict is in... and the fans demand it! So here for the first time are an entirely fake JAPAGE 3 singing and playing Sure To Fall.

https://tinyurl.com/expires-nov-7th

But wait, there's more! We couldn't leave Pete out entirely, so on a completely separate file you'll find his isolated drums. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Crocodile Dundee??! :D :lol:
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
tymime

Post by tymime »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:08 am But wait, there's more! We couldn't leave Pete out entirely, so on a completely separate file you'll find his isolated drums. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Curious, Pete switches back and forth between a shuffle rhythm and a strictly-on-the-meter rhythm here. Not entirely sure how intentional that might have been.
Rubberswan

Post by Rubberswan »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:08 am Well, the verdict is in... and the fans demand it! So here for the first time are an entirely fake JAPAGE 3 singing and playing Sure To Fall.

But wait, there's more! We couldn't leave Pete out entirely, so on a completely separate file you'll find his isolated drums. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
That bass drum is absolutely relentless!
"The rubber swan is mine" - Vaughn Meader, The First Family, 1962
RaelBass

Post by RaelBass »

Last edited by RaelBass on Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qwazi

Post by Qwazi »

My oh my…Elvis McCartney…amazing the singer he became listening to this…wow
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:08 am Well, the verdict is in... and the fans demand it! So here for the first time are an entirely fake JAPAGE 3 singing and playing Sure To Fall.

That's great, thanks! Pete sounds like some kids next door...

Let's keep going, add some other drums to the vocal/guitar iso. We now have the main set, let's create the fantasy one!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

alphabeatles wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:58 pm Let's keep going, add some other drums to the vocal/guitar iso. We now have the main set, let's create the fantasy one!
Yeah, it has crossed my mind to add Ringo's drums to STF... I just know i won't be able to resist the curiosity! :lol:
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:14 am Crocodile Dundee??! :D :lol:
:lol:

I imagine them at the Jac all performing in shorts and with hats like this one:
hat.jpg
hat.jpg (18.24 KiB) Viewed 798 times
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

The thing about removing or replacing Pete is that his unique beat is driving the whole bus. If they did the Decca audition with Ringo sitting in, it would have been a different kettle of fish entirely.

I'm sympathetic when it comes to Pete. His qualifications to be a Beatle came down to one thing: he owned a drum kit. He tried to learn to play on the fly. But he was way behind the others, and probably didn't have their natural talent. He likely never would have caught up.

None of this was his fault. THEY hired him. THEY kept him around. THEY scared off a bunch of more qualified drummers.

But he had to go. I know a lot of people think they could have kept him and used a studio drummer. But if they had, the Ed Sullivan Show wouldn't have made them huge, wouldn't have proved they were really able to play those songs. It would have been a posh Decca tapes. The BBC sessions would be a curio. "Boy, they didn't sound too good outside of EMI!" They could never have held those songs together in front of a roaring crowd at the Hollywood Bowl.

He simply wasn't a great drummer, and Ringo was. We are lucky to have the Decca tapes to prove that cleary. And to show that the others weren't quite ready yet either.