"That Means Alot" fantasy remixes??

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Tex

"That Means Alot" fantasy remixes??

Post by Tex »

I'm curious if anyone has tried to make something listenable with any of the raw takes of "That Means Alot".

Here's my attempt (version 1.1) at making something out of take 24. I started something similar 20 years ago but this is better because of cleaner extractions and more editing. I still can't figure out a good outro though. I may try to incorporate bits from the other takes. I think I need to swap in the other verse.

hxxps://we.tl/t-aph8BnuyXv [version 1.2]

If you have any fantasy remixes please post I would like to hear what others have done.
Last edited by Tex on Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Martin85

Re: "That Means Alot" fantasy remixes??

Post by Martin85 »

Amazing. Perfect as it is. I'll keep this one. Thanks mate!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME Stuff Tex ... Thank you .....
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You
jgjohnson

Post by jgjohnson »

Thanks, I like it
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You , sounds Very Good.
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

really good sound. Thank you.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Engonoceras wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:27 am I'm curious if anyone has tried to make something listenable with any of the raw takes of "That Means Alot".
Here's my attempt (version 1.1) at making something out of take 24. I started something similar 20 years ago but this is better because of cleaner extractions and more editing. I still can't figure out a good outro though. I may try to incorporate bits from the other takes. I think I need to swap in the other verse.
If you have any fantasy remixes please post I would like to hear what others have done.
Nothing can be done for any song! Here's why:
I believe Beatles musical magic to be a by product. It is residue of the other processes they perform. Diplomats of humanity? Ambassadors of The Crown? Prototypes of a new laughing FREE organic sapiens(Feral or domesticated(?)...and by whom). What EVER they really are...their best spun limericks of whimsy are like their best melodic moments. Often the best was the least polished! Dylan says at the beginning of the sampler(Cutting Edge)"There ain't no song that I can sing as good as the first time I sing it!"
Apply that when reaching for poetic license! At random and just by coincidence, I think a plagiarized coda of Woman could play both sides of the fence but not verbatim! Start outro of Woman and switch to the last strains of Penina (by Mendez's style). Campy, unrushed and if the meter is good, a broken rhythm might invent a sublimatic hook to loop out into your Id/Libido as pure contageon/
Just remember...to be done ONCE...efficiently with confidence. Hack/splice/hack/splice/rewind!
Life is long and difficult for those who pick and choose! Your heart already knows what to do!
Engonoceras is a trademark, NO?
There isn't enough time in seven years to do everything! The faster you work, the more Beatlesthentic it will be!
That is I think I know I mean, yes, you know who you are they disagree and never win
There I will go!
Indica-LONA!
KC
rfwood1

Post by rfwood1 »

I applaud your efforts to do something with this tune. I've always liked it and was disappointed that there's not much that can be done with Take 24. The mangled ending is a major issue. This was a nice attempt, so if you feel like it, keep working on it and see what else you can do. Thanks for sharing your work with us!
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker