Lady Madonna Recording Sessions

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
HiBeatlesFan

Lady Madonna Recording Sessions

Post by HiBeatlesFan »

Found this 4 CD set on an old google drive from 2020. I had ripped it a few years back for a friend. Unfortunately, it is mp3. Looked around my house to find the original set but could not find it. I was gonna scan the artwork pages for you all. It's in one of many bootleg Xerox boxes. Have no idea where it is. Did not scan the original elongated box for my friend that it came in, so I had to download the images off the web for you all.

But here it is. Links will be alive for at least a week, then I will discontinue it, particularly if there is no interest since it is mp3. (at least it will d/l fast) Better yet I didn't rip to wav or cda.
hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/182xf3mxL52BEIvnY405Wk0cdkz0a_OPm?usp=share_link artwork
hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Wklnz0bYPGbz8GsqABfTaFW8LGvbuZ4?usp=sharing CD 1
hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Fx2eKmxuFvpJsIjf53b3qum_1rIemdSA?usp=sharing CD 2
hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19WTRnn5xhAYIxX-hsK4f6LGiVkpHyHmB?usp=sharing CD 3
hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1YulrxjMPOwsJLN6icsMGxNwLmAFn8uPS?usp=sharing CD4

Also found I had ripped Ringo's Ringo Mixing Sessions Reconstructed 1973 4 CD set. Again same problems. mp3. No artwork. Don't know where I stored that set. If there is interest I will put it up. I see this was previously posted in flac years ago and that is the same material on the Batz 6 CD set, but of course Batz has more material than this set. So you may not want it. Below is the batz current live link posted by MikeInTexas
viewtopic.php?p=112033#p112033

Also, Beatles For Sale Studio Sessions Back to Basics 2 CD set. Again same problems. mp3. No artwork. Don't know where I stored that set. If there is interest, I will put it up. I think someone may have posted this previously in flac, so you probably don't want it
beatleross

Re: Lady Madonna Recording Sessions

Post by beatleross »

Thankyou for this set
BradPuett

Post by BradPuett »

I would love to get the sets if someone can post the FLAC version, but thank you for the offers!
ladano48

Post by ladano48 »

:)
Thank you very much for the collection HiBeatlesFan!!.

But I think you shouldn't apologize for the mp3 format. Although there may be better lossless formats, it is a good format.

In fact, I believe that the vast majority of users neither have equipment to be able to appreciate lossless quality, nor are listening environments usually adequate.
That without entering into the auditory appreciation of each person.

Regards
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

thanks very much !!
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

ladano48 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:44 am :)

But I think you shouldn't apologize for the mp3 format. Although there may be better lossless formats, it is a good format.

In fact, I believe that the vast majority of users neither have equipment to be able to appreciate lossless quality, nor are listening environments usually adequate.

Regards
I tried a .wav file of a song then a 320 mp3. for comparison and I couldn't hear ANY difference. So everything I download gets converted to mp3 and I save the wavs to a harddrive.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

On the HydrogenAudio forum and wiki there are examples available of audio fragments that don’t compress transparently to mp3, even on the highest bitrate. One I can remember is a horn section of an orchestra. Mind you it’s an algorithm from the early 90s. I would rather suggest to use AAC or Opus, where transparency is reached already at 256 kbps. That’s also one of the reasons why mp3 has gone virtually extinct in modern streaming and broadcasting services.
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Really nice set, thank you.
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:59 am
ladano48 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:44 am :)

Regards
I tried a .wav file of a song then a 320 mp3. for comparison and I couldn't hear ANY difference. So everything I download gets converted to mp3 and I save the wavs to a harddrive.
You should convert the WAV's to Flac which reduces the size to roughly half. Saves on HD space!