The Beatles MILLENNIUM REMASTERS Collections (Feb. 11th 2024 UPDATE)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
cliftdean74

Re: The Beatles MILLENNIUM REMASTERS Collections (NOW COMPLETED Jan. 15th)

Post by cliftdean74 »

Beatlesiak wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:53 pm
Beatlesiak wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:32 am
cliftdean74 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:58 am ⭐️ If you find any tracks with errors please let me know and I will check them against the original discs.
Dear Mark,
I would like to thank you with all my heart for the effort you put into preparing and making this wonderful collection available.
As for comments - at the moment I have only one observation and it concerns the song "Penny Lane" from the UK Singles CD collection - digital source, around 1'30 there is a skip, maybe a disc error or the player hit during ripping?
However, this is a small thing compared to the entire huge collection I received. Thank you.
:-) Do you remember? ;-)
It was an EAC ripping error because the skip does not exist on the original disc. I will re-rip that track and note the update on the main page. Please report any other issues if they come up.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Kevin Davis wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:34 pm First post here — had to register to say thank you for this incredible set. What a labor of love, both by the fan who did the original transfers and the forum member here who has catalogued them all so beautifully. Thank you so much!

I have a question about the German MMT. There are two versions in this set — one on the same CD as “Die Beatles” (which is labelled as ‘German Apple’ in the metadata) and another as part of the German Albums 5-pack (which is labelled as EMI Electrola in the metadata, even though the text file indicates that all the German albums are Odeon issues). Can anyone speak to the differences between the two? To my ears they sound pretty similar if not completely identical (which is to say, excellent), but I’m admittedly not the best judge of such things and am curious for my own labelling purposes. Which is the version that people were praising earlier in the thread?

It is highly possible I missed some painfully obvious delineator.

Thank you so much again for this set — hours of pleasure already and I have barely scratched the surface!
The German "Magical Mystery Tour" offered in the German catalogue collection and the version on "Die Beatles" / "Magical Mystery Tour" are the same transfer. In regards to the metadata I wasn't uniform from the beginning of the project to the end but German Apple and EMI Electrola are the same pressing. In the original notes from Millennium Remasters he stated that the German catalogue were all Odeon pressings but that was inaccurate. The artwork included with the German catalogue set shows the Apple logo on front and EMI Electrola on back. The "Die Beatles" / "MMT" was issued later without artwork but it was listed as coming from the German Apple pressing.

I hope that clears things up!

Kevin Davis

Post by Kevin Davis »

Immensely helpful, thank you so much! And, thank you again for this tremendous bounty. I'm new-ish to Beatlegs and a lot of this stuff is new to me, so it's been a delight to dig through and explore.
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Kevin Davis wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:03 pm Immensely helpful, thank you so much! And, thank you again for this tremendous bounty. I'm new-ish to Beatlegs and a lot of this stuff is new to me, so it's been a delight to dig through and explore.
My pleasure! Welcome to the most rewarding obsession you'll ever have. It lasts a lifetime.
Kevin Davis

Post by Kevin Davis »

Thank you! I have been a Beatle fan for most of my life (I'm 40) but have mostly been limited to official stuff (a few exceptions notwithstanding), though I've gone down the bootleg rabbit hole with some other artists so the navigational process is familiar to me. Looking forward to digging in more!
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

Beatlesiak wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:32 am
cliftdean74 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:58 am ⭐️ If you find any tracks with errors please let me know and I will check them against the original discs.
Dear Mark,
I would like to thank you with all my heart for the effort you put into preparing and making this wonderful collection available.
As for comments - at the moment I have only one observation and it concerns the song "Penny Lane" from the UK Singles CD collection - digital source, around 1'30 there is a skip, maybe a disc error or the player hit during ripping?
However, this is a small thing compared to the entire huge collection I received. Thank you.
UPDATE! 2/11/24
CD Singles Collection (Parlophone - Apple CD BSCP 1) Disc 2 has been newly ripped and tagged due to an EAC ripping error in original upload
Direct link to the new Disc 2 download. This is meant to replace the original Disc 2 folder:

hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1CIwn-71b4Zea1ZwGeQdOu7LnuG6v0I3M
Last edited by cliftdean74 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nine-0-Nine

Re: The Beatles MILLENNIUM REMASTERS Collections (Feb. 11th 2024 UPDATE)

Post by Nine-0-Nine »

Many thanks!
Kando

Post by Kando »

Yes, indeed. Thanks for the time and effort to be as accurate as possible. :)
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

THANKS VERY MUCH !!
Beatlesiak

Post by Beatlesiak »

cliftdean74 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:24 pm
UPDATE! 2/11/24
CD Singles Collection (Parlophone - Apple CD BSCP 1) Disc 2 has been newly ripped and tagged due to an EAC ripping error in original upload
Direct link to the new Disc 2 download. This is meant replace the original Disc 2 folder:

hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1CIwn-71b4Zea1ZwGeQdOu7LnuG6v0I3M
:) Many thanks - best regards, have a nice new week! :)