The Beatles MILLENNIUM REMASTERS Collections (Feb. 11th 2024 UPDATE)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Beatlesiak

Re: The Beatles MILLENNIUM REMASTERS Collections (NEW TITLES ADDED Dec. 18th)

Post by Beatlesiak »

cliftdean74 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:11 am NOW AVAILABLE!
The Beatles UK Singles and EP Collections (Analogue & Digital Sources) 12 CD Set
This set was released by MILLENNIUM REMASTERS in 2004

another fantastic set of pearls - thank you Mark :)
cliftdean74

Re: The Beatles MILLENNIUM REMASTERS Collections (NEW TITLES ADDED Jan. 11th)

Post by cliftdean74 »

NOW AVAILABLE!
The Beatles "Red Collection" (Japanese Sources) EMI Odeon EAS Mono Red Vinyl
(Using UK Mono Masters) (1982) & Apple Records EAS Stereo (1976) 17 CD Set
This set was released by MILLENNIUM REMASTERS in 2004

Download link on first post.

Albums included in the set:

PLEASE PLEASE ME mono/stereo
WITH THE BEATLES mono/stereo
A HARD DAYS NIGHT mono/stereo
BEATLES FOR SALE mono/ stereo
HELP! mono/stereo
RUBBER SOUL mono/stereo
REVOLVER mono/stereo
SGT. PEPPER mono/ stereo
MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR stereo
THE BEATLES (WHITE) 4 CDs mono/stereo
YELLOW SUBMARINE 2 CDs mono/stereo
ABBEY ROAD stereo
LET IT BE stereo

[Japanese Set Announcement 10/3/04 with my additional notes]

MILLENNIUM REMASTERS is pleased to announce the release of it's newest project, THE BEATLES JAPANESE RED COLLECTION.
The set comprises the original 10 Japanese Red Mono albums released in 1982 complimented with their stereo EAS counterparts. To fill out the set, MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR, ABBEY ROAD, and LET IT BE are also included in stereo only as they were not released in mono (ABBEY ROAD is from the Japanese "Pro-Use" version).

[The Japanese "Pro-Use" Abbey Road was not used in this set as advertised but rather the 1976 Apple EAS LP was used. This was confirmed for me by Bob T. in a 2009 email. Here is the relevant part of that email: "...the red wax set is a normal Japanese LP. It is probably the only time I stated something different than what really happened. The red set was supposed to be a Pro-Use and I had one, but it played so poorly that I gave up on it and used a Japanese copy that sounded similar."]

All album artwork has been faithfully reproduced with the front cover being the mono version and the back fold the stereo, even including the mono & stereo obi strips. The backs are the original album artwork. The labels are either "EMI / ODEON" or "APPLE" depending on the title. And to make things look proper, the discs are red.

[When I purchased this set from Bob I opted for the standard Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs as opposed to the red discs.]

As far as the sound quality, it is on par with the UK MILLENNIUM COLLECTION released last year. All albums have been A / D transferred and mastered 24-bit. All original sources have come from pristine albums "hand de-clicked" in the digital domain to give the cleanest digital archive possible without any unnecessary "processing" artifacts. One may think this project is beating a dead horse, and as a Beatle enthusiast have been admittedly doing so for 30 years. The UK MILLENNIUM COLLECTION was made to be probably the best sourcing of the original mono & stereo analogue albums to date. Having said this, there are many other LP's that have a sound unique to themselves and are quite enjoyable listens. Having the attitude if it's worth collecting and listening to, it's worth preserving and presenting to others - we've decided to offer the Japanese red vinyl mono and stereo albums.

The Japanese Red Mono albums are quite desirable among collectors and have sound characteristics quite different from their UK counterparts. The UK versions are very aural, with a lot of detail in the mid-range and have 60's "text book" British equalization curves. The Japanese versions have a more powerful "bottom-end" and are perhaps a little smoother with slightly less high end. The stereo versions have been included for the high regard Japanese vinyl has amongst audiophiles and collectors. The original tape sources for the stereo albums range from good to excellent. The "feel" is closer to what fans may remember than the ultra high fidelity of the MOFI versions.

Basically, MILLENNIUM REMASTERS wishes to preserve unique recordings not to be made again - archived to the digital domain retaining the feel and "warmth" of a quality analogue recording. This is a collection we've enjoyed assembling, producing and listening to - and hope others will now also.
MILLENNIUM REMASTERS 10/03

MUR

Re: The Beatles MILLENNIUM REMASTERS Collections (NEW TITLES ADDED Jan. 11th)

Post by MUR »

Great thanks for new set!
Searching hard for missing Silent Hills, Non Plus Ultra, WWII, Xavel, Shakuntala sets, fresh Misterclaudel/Valkyrie/Piccadilly.
Also searching hard for FAB CD / DVD releases (solo ones are priority). Ready to trade FAB DVDs with those who trades.
Kando

Re: The Beatles MILLENNIUM REMASTERS Collections (NEW TITLES ADDED Jan. 13th)

Post by Kando »

Awwww, c'mon man. I'm starting to run low on HD space, lol.

Thanks for another interesting share. I'll be 1 foot from the grave by the time I finish listening to all of these. :)

Really looking forward to the MR UK Collection.

Keep up the great work. Much appreciated by all.
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
Nine-0-Nine

Post by Nine-0-Nine »

The only comparison I can think of is the Library of Alexandria.
Kando

Post by Kando »

Nine-0-Nine wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:23 pm The only comparison I can think of is the Library of Alexandria.
Let's just hope they're stored in a place a little less flammable, and with a reliable electrical source. :)
"So long, and thanks for all the fish!"
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

many, many thanks one more time!
fvallejt

Post by fvallejt »

many, many thanks one more time!
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Great share, thank you very much
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

MANY thanks for your latest share .......