GH - Pure Harrison (Pear 1915)

Got a lot of work to do, try to get a message through…
ksantus

Re: GH - Pure Harrison (Pear 1915)

Post by ksantus »

Here is the slightly different version I have:
hxxps://we.tl/t-G17oyJ240Z
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

ksantus wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:13 pm Here is the slightly different version I have:
hxxps://we.tl/t-G17oyJ240Z
Interesting. The first part (up until about 1:38) is pretty much the track as it appeared on the Misterclaudel release I mentioned. I say, "pretty much," because the fade-in is different. It's actually missing the first few seconds that appeared in the Misterclaudel & Pear versons.

After that 1:38 mark, someone tacked on a bit of "Ride Rajbun."
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Someone asked that I put up some scans showing the spine of this boot. So here goes:

hxxps://we.tl/t-YPHee0B6lA
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Thanks for sharing.
pumma4

Post by pumma4 »

thanks alot..
Chuck and Dave

Post by Chuck and Dave »

thank you very much!
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thanks 20YearsAgo !
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

thanks a lot for this share 20yearsago. :) I really appreciate.

I thought because of "Pure Lennon" by PEAR (this is the same label), that it was a subsidiary label to His Master's Choice (like Pegboy or Howdy! was for Vigotone) and that the content was unbooted- or at least sonic upgrades, like "Pure Lennon" was : like the Oddities series from HMC there were some sonic upgrades from the Double Fantasy studio sessions.

for instance, did someone check "You" (which was a bonus track of the Midnight Beat All Things Must Pass box set) to check if this was a sonic upgrade (better generation of the tape source) ?
I have to check with headphones to hear if PEAR used a better source than the All Things Must Pass box set- I have noticed that the chat at the beginning, "George humming ahhhh ahhh ahhh" is not there on Pear.
I have always thought that this track belonged to the All Things Must Pass sessions and that George kept the basic track and re-recorded his vocals later during the Extra Texture sessions.

and I know this blog in your post; this is a great one.

and, this is a bit confusing : a lot of tracks are "just" the bonus of the 2000 re-release of All Things Must Pass : "What Is Life" is the picolo overdubs mix, the demo of "Let It Down" is not an "original" guitar - from what I remember the second guitar is Dhani's guitar overdubbing on George's original acoustic demo.

Then, "Try Some Buy Some" is a great fake duet with Ronnie Spector (nicely done), but the segue is well known, I've already heard it since years on youtube (it was posted there);
I doubt PEAR redo it.

"You" is missing George's chatting at the beginning- I'm not sure if this is an upgrade in comparison to the late 90's Midnight Beat ATMP box set (it was a bonus track).

Some tracks could have been taken from the Voo-Doo set.

Then for McCartney's PEAR I'm not sure that the WEB tracks were available in lossless format; some iTunes George Harrison tracks were available in lossless format.
This is surprising for Pear which release a tremendous set for John Lennon like 3 years ago "Pure Lennon" with some real sonic upgrade uncirculated before (lot where from the Double Fantasy sessions and were upgrade over the Vigotone release in 1990).
I'm not complaining, I'm happy to get this nice set; just analyzing the content after having listened to it.
Last edited by Rupert Pupkin on Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Much2Much

Post by Much2Much »

Wonderful. Thank you 20YearsAgo.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

What is this studio version of "For You Blue" - is it a post-Beatles recording ? If yes, when was it recorded ? It's new to me (perhaps it's a live performance from George's last tour but I can't hear audience or applause) :oops: :?: