Tex's Rubbery Sole mixes.

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Fabricio4322

Re: Tex's Rubbery Sole mixes.

Post by Fabricio4322 »

Engonoceras wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:47 pm Sorry for the sudden repost of a revised mix of "Run For Your Life".. I used the background vocal separation fiendish thingy and was able to separate the lead/backing vocals a bit. Now John is mostly in the middle while Paul is mostly off to the sides during the chorus. Previously the tracks were full wide. Does this track even deserve this level of attention? :lol:

14 - Run For Your Life (2023 remix)
hxxps://we.tl/t-AZpT8d791W

"14 - Run For Your Life (Paul only)"
hxxps://we.tl/t-sHE97VZKmS

For a larf here is just Paul's contribution to the song which is bass and vocals. He might have done the tambourine also who knows ("he was keen!"). Paul starts 19 seconds in. The sound quality is a bit rough since it's an extraction of an extraction and without the other halves of the audio the sound gets all nut flakey.
The link of the '''Paul Only'' track of RFYL is down, can you re-up please?
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Engonoceras wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:47 pm Sorry for the sudden repost of a revised mix of "Run For Your Life".. I used the background vocal separation fiendish thingy and was able to separate the lead/backing vocals a bit. Now John is mostly in the middle while Paul is mostly off to the sides during the chorus. Previously the tracks were full wide. Does this track even deserve this level of attention? :lol:

14 - Run For Your Life (2023 remix)
hxxps://we.tl/t-AZpT8d791W

hxxps://we.tl/t-sHE97VZKmS

For a larf here is just Paul's contribution to the song which is bass and vocals. He might have done the tambourine also who knows ("he was keen!"). Paul starts 19 seconds in. The sound quality is a bit rough since it's an extraction of an extraction and without the other halves of the audio the sound gets all nut flakey.
Thanks, as always, for your mixes. I'm getting a "Transfer expired" message though on the "RFYL Paul' Only" mix? Any chance you can re-up it?
Tex

Post by Tex »

20YearsAgo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:04 pm I'm getting a "Transfer expired" message though on the "RFYL Paul' Only" mix? Any chance you can re-up it?
Sorry. WeTransfer has been crawling this morning I've had to cancel, delete and re-upload things I guess I deleted that one by mistake.

hxxps://we.tl/t-ZTVbUyVt4r
Tex

Post by Tex »

Now "Girl" with slight stereo vocals and two stripped down mixes for the weirdos out there. I put all three in one file download:
1. Girl (2023 remix)
2. Girl (no lead vocal) - Not perfect a bit artifact-y.
3. Girl (bass, drums, vocals) -

hxxps://we.tl/t-g5CLUWz1yn

Tex.
Last edited by Tex on Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Engonoceras wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:55 pm
20YearsAgo wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:04 pm I'm getting a "Transfer expired" message though on the "RFYL Paul' Only" mix? Any chance you can re-up it?
Sorry. WeTransfer has been crawling this morning I've had to cancel, delete and re-upload things I guess I deleted that one by mistake.

hxxps://we.tl/t-ZTVbUyVt4r
Thank you!
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, Lance! :ugeek:
Ale.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thanks Tex - AWESOME shares as always ......
Tex

Post by Tex »

And finally the last song to be updated.

"02 - Norwegian Wood (2023 remix)"
hxxps://we.tl/t-MJ57l2tGqK

The original vocal as recorded and revealed by the spectral extraction has a lot of sibilance and too much bass leaving it harsh and boomy. I guess it wasn't that noticeable in 1965 because it was buried with the acoustic guitar on the 4-track. I tried to improve the vocal sound a bit and added a tiny splash of reverb to make it stand out in the mix.

Tex.
Last edited by Tex on Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve1950

Post by steve1950 »

thanks for these beautiful re-mixes. Any chance for post of the complete album? I seem to be missing tracks 1,3,4 and 5.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (90.1 KiB) Viewed 830 times
Tex

Post by Tex »

Nice fossil there.

Here are tracks 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 which completes side 1 of the album. When the other links fizzle out just PM me for a link to the whole project.

01 - Drive My Car (2023 remix) - This mix combines the best parts of multiple mixes. This is slightly modified from earlier this year. I just moved the bass a bit more center and lowered the cowbell 2dbs.
hxxps://we.tl/t-JRFXZfdSDA

03 - You Won't See Me (2023 remix) - Spectral demix and remix. One lead vocal is center in my mix, other vocal is more to the right.
hxxps://we.tl/t-OUbu33No0d

04 - Nowhere Man (2023 remix)+ - Spectral demix and remix from the Yellow Submarine DVD soundtrack. The recent deverb algorithm made this finally possible because the original was way too reverby.
hxxps://we.tl/t-MEipV2IJZj

05 - Think For Yourself (2023 remix) - Spectral demix and remix.
hxxps://we.tl/t-5XgGZF1jqP

06 - The Word (2023 remix) - Spectral demix and remix.
hxxps://we.tl/t-bXYKNJMjD8

Think For Yourself (instrumental) - Rock Band based mix.
hxxps://we.tl/t-hDiXeaPdNC

06 - The Word (instrumental)
hxxps://we.tl/t-08oSXbi5lt