Tex's Rubbery Sole mixes.

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Tex

Tex's Rubbery Sole mixes.

Post by Tex »

I can't find my old thread so I will continue here starting with some also-rans... I'm going through my old mix projects and redoing them with the new tech and a new system. Let me know how these sound EQ and balance wise.

***************************************************************************************************

10 - I'm Looking Through You (2023 remix).WAV
hxxps://we.tl/t-wweyWKlWSD

This is a very rudimentary recording which makes it harder to remix. I kept it fairly narrow just to keep it cohesive sounding. The only real change is I chose to slightly emphasize one of the vocal tracks rather than a straight double track vocal. I think it sounds better with one Paul a bit more forward.

***************************************************************************************************

12 - Wait (2023 remix).WAV
hxxps://we.tl/t-vMiTpBPGqa

Again, I started to reuse the Rock Band stems (lazy!) and then I realized I could get the same stems from the 1986 digital remix which has much better sound quality. I de-muxed the separated left and right channels into even more channels and used those for remixing.

14 - Run For Your Life (2023 remix).WAV
[revised mix below]

I redid my old mix but now with some spectral separation. Unfortunately there's no way to tame the obnoxious tambourine (it's an overdub).
Last edited by Tex on Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jpa

Re: Tex's Rubbery Sole mixes.

Post by jpa »

Love them! Full and rich sound including the vocals!
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You Tex!!
Tex

Post by Tex »

11 - In My Life (2023 remix)
hxxps://we.tl/t-xyUrDU0kx5

I was going to just redo the Rock Band mix with the de-verbed vocals but I realized the 1986 digital mix has a much better sound overall so I used that as a basis. First I did my old trick of aligning difference and mono mix-downs of the wide stereo mix to get the music in the middle and slight stereo vocals. Then I de-muxed that to get 4 stems for remixing. Then I de-verbed the stereo vocal track to get a "cleaner" vocal track and just the vocal reverb by itself. This gave me 5 very nice stems for remixing. Again this song is a very rudimentary not many options for remixing.

06 - The Word (instrumental)
hxxps://we.tl/t-o8zSgE3fPt
In case someone missed this last time.

I'll re-evealute the other tracks not yet posted this year and post fresh versions in this thread and then I'll put everything in folder and post that so I'll have the whole album in new 2023 mixes.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME stuff Tex .... Thank you for the latest shares .......
Pattie

Post by Pattie »

I'm a big fan of "Rubber Soul". I've heard it thousands of times. Hallucinate with Lord Reith's remixes, but these samples you've bought are also beautiful. I can't wait to hear the whole album
Tell Me What You See 8-)
greenfrog12

Post by greenfrog12 »

Great job, thanks so much.
Tex

Post by Tex »

Here is three more remixes from side two of the album.

07 - Michelle (2023 remix).WAV
hxxps://we.tl/t-D9Dve98pwr

This remix was more difficult than it should have been because the low electric guitar notes that play the melodic lines really confused the demux algorithm. After some fiddling and layering I was able to make it work.

08 - What Goes On (2023 remix)
hxxps://we.tl/t-RekXDOoa0y

A very simple remix. The only thing different from the 1986 remix besides the much better stereo positioning is I added a tiny bit of ping-pong reverb (@ 33ms delay) on the lead guitar and backing vocals to make everything gel a bit more as a mix. Also we hear Paul's "Tell me why!" better. That's actually the most exciting bit in the whole song. :lol:

09 - Girl (2023 remix)
hxxps://we.tl/t-g5CLUWz1yn

In my OLD remix I looped the backing vocals to make them wide stereo but I didn't do that this time. I don't want to give Giles Martin any more dumb ideas. :lol:

On the multi-track the lead and backing vocals are on separate tracks but they are so closely placed on the 1986 digital remix it's impossible to pull them apart they way I did on others. I'll try the more vocal specific algorithms later and repost if I can do anything.

And to complete side two here is my previous 2023 remix of "If I Needed Someone" with some more refinement. It was tempting to pitch adjust George a little but I decided not to. I was also able to pull the backing vocals slightly apart.

13 - If I Needed Someone (2023 remix)
hxxps://we.tl/t-iWhp0JVd8K
Last edited by Tex on Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tex

Post by Tex »

Sorry for the sudden repost of a revised mix of "Run For Your Life".. I used the background vocal separation fiendish thingy and was able to separate the lead/backing vocals a bit. Now John is mostly in the middle while Paul is mostly off to the sides during the chorus. Previously the tracks were full wide. Does this track even deserve this level of attention? :lol:

14 - Run For Your Life (2023 remix)
hxxps://we.tl/t-AZpT8d791W

"14 - Run For Your Life (Paul only)"
hxxps://we.tl/t-sHE97VZKmS

For a larf here is just Paul's contribution to the song which is bass and vocals. He might have done the tambourine also who knows ("he was keen!"). Paul starts 19 seconds in. The sound quality is a bit rough since it's an extraction of an extraction and without the other halves of the audio the sound gets all nut flakey.
jpa

Post by jpa »

The revised RFYL is clearly best - and very good indeed!