Recording Vault McCartney

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
maccafan

Re: Recording Vault McCartney

Post by maccafan »

Thank you all !
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

This is probably the best Misterclaudel release in a long while. I particularly liked the full mix of Maybe I’m Amazed.
It does beg the question, why wasn’t this stuff included in the McCartney Deluxe which is totally lacking in any bonus content.
THEWALRUS2

Post by THEWALRUS2 »

Thank you for this! Where might this release and the others mentioned earlier be purchased?
ted

Post by ted »

THEWALRUS2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:45 pm Thank you for this! Where might this release and the others mentioned earlier be purchased?
hXXps://www.giginjapan.com/paul-mccartney-recor ... mccartney/
Laville

Post by Laville »

Can you please repost it ? Thanks in advance...
billybudapest

Post by billybudapest »

Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

harrythebannister wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:58 am This is probably the best Misterclaudel release in a long while. I particularly liked the full mix of Maybe I’m Amazed.
It does beg the question, why wasn’t this stuff included in the McCartney Deluxe which is totally lacking in any bonus content.
the thing is that the D.Atmos have some hidden stuff, buried in the mix, enlightened now when you extracted the channels.
Check George Harrison's Cloud Nine by Misterclaudel, it's as good.

One thing : did you notice that "Maybe I'm Amazed" (unedited full mix) has the final vocal verses totally out of synch ?
Perhaps Misterclaudel did this full mix but did not "align" the tracks when they mixed it together ? :?:
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

harrythebannister wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:58 am This is probably the best Misterclaudel release in a long while. I particularly liked the full mix of Maybe I’m Amazed.
And when you read ´Legacy´, outtakes are clearly existing for McCartney. It was one of the first deluxe set after BOTR. We know that the format changed a lot over the years. Would they be included in a new release ? I suppose so but the question is when are we going to have a new deluxe set ?
Shears1971

Post by Shears1971 »

Thanks very much for the share! :D
mikec

Post by mikec »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:36 pm
the thing is that the D.Atmos have some hidden stuff, buried in the mix, enlightened now when you extracted the channels.
Check George Harrison's Cloud Nine by Misterclaudel, it's as good.

One thing : did you notice that "Maybe I'm Amazed" (unedited full mix) has the final vocal verses totally out of synch ?
Perhaps Misterclaudel did this full mix but did not "align" the tracks when they mixed it together ? :?:
The unedited full mix for Maybe I'm Amazed (CD 2 track 11) first appeared some months ago on Misterclaudel's Studio Rarities 4 shared here, but not the extra versions that are on this recent release that it seems comes from the same source. The "out of sync" vocals were recorded on purpose by Paul himself, as you can hear them exactly like that (buried with narration) on Hulu's "321" series (and also clean versions on Misterclaudel's Vault CD 2 tracks 8 and 9 on previous versions with less overdubs or different mixes), not out of sync and are the vocal segments Paul didn't use on the final version; I just did a quick experiment in Audacity aligning CD2 tracks 8, 9 and 11 and they have all the vocal tracks exactly at the same time, so, according to "321", this is how they are on the master tape, and maybe one of the reasons Paul didn't used them in his final mix. This version does not comes from the D. Atmos mix, as the ATMOS doesn't have the full ending, or the extra vocals ("out of synch"), or some extra weird guitar noises not on the commercial version, so is good to have them here.