Re: Lord Reith's White Out

Post by BungalowJim »

List of files in the download:

Back In The USSR (austere mix).flac
Birthday (overdubs mix).flac
Circles (no reverb mono mix).flac
Cry Baby Cry.flac
Dear Prudence (instrumental).flac
Everbody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey (single track vocal).flac
Good Night (Choir and Orchestra).flac
Goodnight.flac
Helter Skelter (Fanny Cradock and Sandie Shaw).flac
Jealous Nature.flac
Long, Long, Long (hear me mix).flac
Martha My Dear (horns and strings).flac
Martha My Dear (single track vocal).flac
Obladi Oblada (Big Mix).flac
Obladi Oblada (Little Voice).flac
Obladi Oblada.flac
Revolution 1 (Mama Of All Remixes).flac
Yer Blues.flac
AlbumArt_{B5020207-474E-4720-C0EF-512FDA54CF00}_Large.jpg
AlbumArt_{B5020207-474E-4720-C0EF-512FDA54CF00}_Small.jpg
AlbumArtSmall.jpg
Folder.jpg
twogurusindrag

Post by twogurusindrag »

BungalowJim wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:42 pm List of files in the download:
Thank you.
She's a drag. A well-known drag. We turn the sound down on her and say rude things.
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

Thanks very much!
HiBeatlesFan

Post by HiBeatlesFan »

Can I please ask for a re--up? I downloaded it previously but finally got around to unzipping it tonight only to find that my file is corrupt.

Thank you!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

HiBeatlesFan wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:34 am Can I please ask for a re--up? I downloaded it previously but finally got around to unzipping it tonight only to find that my file is corrupt.
Why I noticed Lord Reith in the first place-------> hxxps://we.tl/t-5D8DMMyXsB <-------White Out(329MB)
Thank you, Sire!
KC!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME share KC - Thank you ....
plasticsoul

Post by plasticsoul »

Kwai Chang wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:26 am
HiBeatlesFan wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:34 am Can I please ask for a re--up? I downloaded it previously but finally got around to unzipping it tonight only to find that my file is corrupt.
Why I noticed Lord Reith in the first place-------> hxxps://we.tl/t-5D8DMMyXsB <-------White Out(329MB)
Thank you, Sire!
KC!
Thank you for the re-up of the audio files. Does any have the artwork..??
burningfool

Post by burningfool »

burningfool

Post by burningfool »

I copied/pasted some of LR's comments about these tracks when he originally uploaded them. These will suffice as liner notes, for those of you who enjoy reading the details.

Lord Reith
Post subject: WHITE OUT
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:25 am

I never could resist pulling things apart and putting them back together again, so here is a bunch of White Album remixes, starting with Goodnight which I think is one of John's best songs. They kind of threw it away on the lp, so this is the way I would have liked it to be.

Hope you like it too!

Okay, now it's time for A Whiter Shade Of Paul...

Here's two different mixes of Obladi Oblada. The first I call the "Little voice" mix for reasons which will become obvious. I really like the way he sings this, it's so childlike and more like the demo and I wish it was louder! :( The thing I love most though is the two repetitive high guitar notes during the "Obladi Oblada" bits (most noticeable in the second half of the song).

The second version is a proper, full, wide, clean stereo mix of the Sessions take. I've had a couple of cracks at this before, but this one is streets ahead of the old one thanks to, erm, new source material! I really love this version and here you can clearly hear all the little bitties that make it so interesting. For instance someone is tapping a glass or a bottle the whole way through - an instrument that as far as I know was never used on any other Beatles record! The saxophone counterpoint is also fantastic during the choruses. I wonder if it was Paul or George Martin who wrote that part. Anyway, hope you like it!

Here's another mix of Obladi Oblada. This one is a "big" sounding mix like the Sessions one but with much better separation and no ADT.

It's John's turn now, so here for your edification I present Jealous Nature.

This is a request from Ern - the full version of Yer Blues with John's vocal added.

I've been baking again...

This one is sure to be a crowd pleaser: it's a complete no-holds-barred remix of Revolution 1. It includes all of the elements from take 18, take 20 (additional voices and noises including the mama-dada bits) and the album version (horns and distorted guitar). The only thing it doesn't include is the kitchen sink!

And it's in full stereo. :music:

So here for the first time is the world's most comprehensive and apocalyptic mix of Revolution 1 :kill: : Revolution 1 (Mama Of All Remixes)
Remember, as it said on the Cold Turkey single: PLAY LOUD

Here's two more White Outs for you... :chef:

The first sits alongside Giles' instrumental mixes of savoy Truffle and Honey Pie - an isolation Goodnight with the choir and orchestra only. This is actually quite beautiful. It's just a pity they ditched the lads' backing vocals in favour of some soppy old ladies. :lol: Notice that they actually sing THE WRONG WORDS in the last verse. I'd always thought the record sounded strange here and now we see why!

The second track is a remix of Cry Baby Cry with enough differences to keep you on your toes. I love John's slightly out of tune falsetto bits and the big harmonium chords in the latter part of the song. :joyful:

A batch of three for you today: firstly an overdubs mix of Birthday with the manic drums and bass removed to show what lies beneath, including some pretty cool guitar playing and separated vocals; then we have Martha My Dear with a single tracked vocal which works quite nicely; and then finally my favourite and a mix of Everybody's Got STHEMAM Monkey (bloody long song title!) with a single tracked vocal by John Lennon esquire. He absolutely screams this. If you were standing next to the guy in the studio when he was doing this, you'd be having nightmares for weeks. Scary, larnyx-shredding stuff.

Somebody else asked about Not Guilty. I agree the mix on the cds is poor but the problem is that it is the harpsichord that is drowning out George's voice and they are both centred so not much to be done. :( Luckily in this instance the bootleg version on Take It Off is excellent quality so it doesn't really matter that much.

Here's another trio of curiosities...

First is the horns and strings and stuff behind Martha My Dear. No vocals, and essentially a mirror image of the version on disc 6 of the super.

Then we have a mix of Long, Long, Long with a much louder vocal without the tape echo. George seemed to go to great trouble to obscure his voice in this period, but I think he sounds great au natural.

Finally as a complete contrast we have the Fanny Cradock and Sandie Shaw mix of Helter Skelter. This is just the vocals, with Paul's demented lead on the left and the backing vocals on the right. Also on the right is all the talking and weirdness you can't really make out on the record, some of which is quite funny, and also John's accomplished saxophone playing. And they said Charles manson was weird... :lol:

Okay here's one of my own faves, an austere mix of Back In The USSR. This has single tracked vocals set to take 5 (speed corrected of course!) I've also reduced the guitar solo so you can better hear the funny improvisations (Nyet indeed, George!) What a great vocal from Paul this is. The drumming is a bit ragged but certainly energetic. It would have been great if Ringo had been on this one.

Glad that people are continuing to enjoy these.

Here's an interesting mix of Dear Prudence. It's just an instrumental, and it works really well just by itself.

The backing vocals in the "round round round round" bit are perplexing. George is definitely singing, but there is another voice that is not any Beatle I can identify. Anyone got any clue as to who it might be?

(It's Jackie Lomax helping out on "Dear Prudence", isn't it?

also Billy Nicholls (a young Immediate artist who worked with the Small Faces at the time) was reportedly there helping out with backing vocals)

Here's the demo of Circles without the reverb.

(end)
HiBeatlesFan

Post by HiBeatlesFan »

Kwai Chang wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:26 am
Thank you, Sire!
KC!
Thank you Kwai Chang