Sgt. Pepper 2023 Mike's Mix w PDF

Fan created remixes and rare variations
RubberSolof

Sgt. Pepper 2023 Mike's Mix w PDF

Post by RubberSolof »

hxxps://we.tl/t-gnEOCFix6q

(Make sure you check out the PDF for some great Pics too!)

Hey Kids,
It’s Mike again, back with more of my coolest remixes of Beatle tracks culled from over 300 shows I produced for a now defunct internet station called Beatles-A-Rama ( and ones I’ve even done more recently)!!

The thing I always found most fun (And still do) in working with Beatles tracks, is when I can use the most modern equipment out there to rip the commercially released tracks apart… and find out what is hiding in all the little cracks and crevices of the music. All the stuff that’s buried beneath. The stuff you never usually get a chance to hear.

Until now!

That’s what these collections are all about.

I’m hoping that the hour of music in this week’s in-depth look at Sgt. Pepper will allow you to appreciate the greatest band in the world… in a whole new way.
And there’s a lot more where this came from! See Below for the detailed track by track listing!

Enjoy!!

RubberSolof
Last edited by RubberSolof on Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
RubberSolof

Re: Sgt. Pepper 2023 Mike's Mix w PDF

Post by RubberSolof »

Here’s My Track By Track Analysis of what’s Included:

1. Strawberry Fields Forever – I thought that instead of just remixing the Album I’d include The Prequel to it. Here is Take One of SFF. To start us off I thought I would reedit the beginning of the song as a tribute to another great band and one of my favorite songs by them. It’s subtle but I tried to edit the beginning to (vaguely lol…) sound like the beginning few seconds of AND YOU AND I by YES. I always loved the way that song starts as just tuning and noodling around on the guitar…but suddenly turned into this amazing song. Here I let The keyboards do the same thing. True, I didn’t use the original single version of the song… but I always liked the gentleness of the first take, so I chose that one to start us off. A lovely ballad version focusing on John’s vocals and soon-to-be discarded Backing Vocals. I took a small liberty by fading out and echoing the last repeats of the word “Forever”.
2. Penny Lane _ The other side of the single. I brought up the backing orchestra and lost most of the band for this one. Except of course for Paul’s Vocals, Bass and the fun often buried Harmony Vocals. Since we aren’t into the actual album yet…I took the liberty to add some interesting vocal attempts that went on during the recording sessions but later went unused.
3. Sgt. Pepper – The official beginning of possibly one of the greatest musical and cultural touchstones ever created. So many unique, unusual sounds were invented during the recording of this album. Experimentation and Innovation were at play during every moment of the recording, which makes this one of the most fun albums I’ve ever had the pleasure to rip apart and put back together. So Much to discover and so much to uncover…just for you! Let’s begin with the stabbing, hard-rocking guitar parts followed immediately by classical French horns. What an astounding and unexpected way to begin the album. This is followed by the lad’s trademark 3 part harmonies and then Paul’s super gritty lead vocals… and we’re off to a great start!
4. With a Little Help from My Friends – RINGOOOOO! The focus is on 3 things here. Ringo’s stellar lead vocals, the incredible backup help from his “friends” and Paul’s catchy Bass work. I stripped off everybody else at the very end to just focus on the note that had Ringo scared SHITLESS! He was so worried he wouldn’t be able to hit and hold the note. John, Paul and George had to all stand around the microphone with him and silently encouraged him during the recording of his lead parts. Wish I had a picture of that!!
5. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds – I bring in isolated instruments and vocals throughout on this one so you can really focus on all the cool stuff going on during this one.
6. Getting Better – Paul’s fun Bass work is the core here, as it is throughout the entire album. I also tried to bring out some of the hidden harmonies from the guys at various parts during the entire song. I love the little bongo part at the end.
7. Fixing A Hole – Paul’s vocals and Bass are once again brought forward. The cool guitar solo is followed by some more awesome 3 part harmonies.
8. She’s Leaving Home – Such a gorgeous arrangement by Mike Leander who Paul brought in when George Martin, their main producer for many years, had a conflicting recording event scheduled. Paul was very impatient and decided not to wait for George to do the arrangement, and brought in Mike to do the orchestral charts. It’s the ONLY time Paul ever went outside of the band to get another person to arrange and produce one of his sessions. It took years for Martin to forgive him…if he ever did. I included some lovely harmonies that float in among the single-tracked vocals that you hear. I also included some stray parts of the orchestra bits that were trimmed out of the final version.
9. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite – I really focused on the Carnival aspects of this song… and of course Paul’s incredible Bass playing… again.
10. Within You, Without You – George’s showcase on the album. I included a humorous snippet of John commenting on the proceedings that went on during the recording session of this classic cut. Originally the band thought people would have a hard time dealing with a solo Indian piece in the middle of the album…which is why they added laughter between the ending of this track and the beginning of the next. George, to say the least, was not thrilled by this. I’ve moved the laughter to where it rightly belongs… after John’s opening comments!
11. When I’m 64 – I’ve always called this version “The Bar Mitzvah Version.” I think you’ll see why.
12. Lovely Rita – An acoustic take on the song with great backing Harmonies and lots of hidden treasures at the end usually buried under the other instrumental tracks, and now set free!
13. Good Morning, Good Morning – Wonderful guitar work similar to the opening track of the album. What an Awesome Solo!! And those hidden harmonies are brought back up to the front again. Gooooood Morning Everybody!! That’ll do.
14. Sgt. Pepper (Reprise) – Paul’s blistering Bass line and the whole group’s fun, vocal banterings are finally uncovered. For those wondering what they are saying: (INTRO: Paul McCartney & John Lennon) One, two, three, four! (Bye!) Twist it! (What?) Twist it! (Shake it) (OUTRO: George Harrison & John Lennon) Woo! Bang (Oh my god, it kills me)Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang
15. A Day In The Life – My Favorite Mix on the album! So many cool things going on during this one. McCartney’s Bass, John’s haunting vocals, the eerie backing vocals… that Orchestra set free to go from their lowest note to their highest…any way they want to do it. A Masterpiece! To add to this I threw in some things from the original recording sessions, a wonderful flub by McCartney and some stunningly chaotic piano playing during the second orchestra buildup. I used the original ending… often called the HUMM’s ending as well as an unused synth note in place of the original extended piano note…………

And I also couldn’t ignore the infamous Inner Groove. I hope you like my take on it, made from various sections I found when I tried to rip it apart and break it down using about 18 different modern tech devices!

So that’s it kids… my version of the Beatles Masterpiece: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band! I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it!

See ya again soon!
Michael
jpgrcat007

Post by jpgrcat007 »

I'm going to listen to this in Early morning, around 8am :mrgreen:

This, MMT & YS are my fave albums
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you for the share ......
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

The album by a fictitious band with no TV show of its own:
Disassembled Rolex Watch Parts Band!
And, in the movement time stands still
and if your shadow leads to a hidden treasure
would you stand up and walk out on me?
'Watch' yourself. People running round it's five o'clock
The sundial is a better...I mean until dark!
It's been a long time since I played SgtP in full...
It's been even longer since I listened to Penny Lane in full.
And, I liked the way you drove it on the track. It needed to be jolted to life!
Congratulations. I think this is a fine thing you've done.
Not only are you full of ideas...many of them seem to be unique.
That's good. Because as this rope unravels towards destiny...the following will become apparent:
Beatles music is an entity of its own.
There is no parallel or equivalent.
So, it fascinates the mind to hear the pieces disassembled. They reveal this magic musical tincture to always be made up of the simpler things. Sometimes...sloppy things...but together, there is synergy. Even in the dark!
Ringo is the best musician in the group and I only just realized it! NOBODY could drum for the Beatles...
Ringo was the light that shone on the other three!
You can hear it as bright as day!
Thanks, Mike!
Beautiful job!
KC
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

Kwai Chang wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:03 am The album by a fictitious band with no TV show of its own:
Disassembled Rolex Watch Parts Band!
And, in the movement time stands still
and if your shadow leads to a hidden treasure
would you stand up and walk out on me?
'Watch' yourself. People running round it's five o'clock
The sundial is a better...I mean until dark!
It's been a long time since I played SgtP in full...
It's been even longer since I listened to Penny Lane in full.
And, I liked the way you drove it on the track. It needed to be jolted to life!
Congratulations. I think this is a fine thing you've done.
Not only are you full of ideas...many of them seem to be unique.
That's good. Because as this rope unravels towards destiny...the following will become apparent:
Beatles music is an entity of its own.
There is no parallel or equivalent.
So, it fascinates the mind to hear the pieces disassembled. They reveal this magic musical tincture to always be made up of the simpler things. Sometimes...sloppy things...but together, there is synergy. Even in the dark!
Ringo is the best musician in the group and I only just realized it! NOBODY could drum for the Beatles...
Ringo was the light that shone on the other three!
You can hear it as bright as day!
Thanks, Mike!
Beautiful job!
KC
Someone, please call 911. I understood every word of Kwai's review.

So either the drugs have (Finally...thank god) kicked in, or the space between us all like the amplitude velocity of the revenue fragmentation stream has caused the secondary adapter to rub the phased fiber in what could only be described as a virtual mis-match. Of course it is general knowledge and recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists that the whole Shabang has only been saved by the fact that the utility flow of the digital fragmentation has moved far beyond its expected and required hard-wired capacity thus causing life as we know it to suffer irrevocable intermittent losses leading to what can only be described as complete and utter kablooienessness ...and that would be bad.

But let's just ignore all that and go back to eating our breakfast.
Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning.

Thanks, Kwai!
Hi Taylor Swift,
-RubberSolof
ToddS

Post by ToddS »

Thank You , these are fun to listen to .
gaizoku

Post by gaizoku »

Thank you.
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

RubberSolof wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:14 pm
Someone, please call 911. I understood every word of Kwai's review.

So either the drugs have (Finally...thank god) kicked in, or the space between us all like the amplitude velocity of the revenue fragmentation stream has caused the secondary adapter to rub the phased fiber in what could only be described as a virtual mis-match. Of course it is general knowledge and recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists that the whole Shabang has only been saved by the fact that the utility flow of the digital fragmentation has moved far beyond its expected and required hard-wired capacity thus causing life as we know it to suffer irrevocable intermittent losses leading to what can only be described as complete and utter kablooienessness ...and that would be bad.

But let's just ignore all that and go back to eating our breakfast.
Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning.
Thank you, Mike!
I would not disagree with any of that! It was bound to happen. We have lots left to learn.
The commentary is sensible. But, I don't want people to panic if it is too far out. I would
never satirize the obvious! And it costs nothing to not read it!
This forum is peerless! Addicted to Beatles?
I'm afraid it's true!
I'm is!
KC
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank You!!