Paul McCartney & Wings - Manchester 1979 2nd Night (Non Label)

I can help you out, but I cannot help you in…
atthebeeb

Re: Paul McCartney & Wings - Manchester 1979 2nd Night (Non Label)

Post by atthebeeb »

OK some time ago a CD was released containing 3 songs apparently from the 29th and the introductions are different to those one can hear in the new release.
- McCartney: “HERE AND THERE - 1979 & 2016” (Canalian Records DKRF1979-2016) CD-R
Total Time 18’54”
- from live in Manchester, United Kingdom, Apollo Theatre, November, 29th 1979, G audience recording, mono:
instrumental introduction/”Got To Get You Into My Life” (3’52”) (“Getting Closer”, “Every Night”, “Again And Again And Again”, “I’ve Had Enough”, “No Words”, “Cook Of The House” missing), introduction by McCartney + “Old Siam, Sir” + outro by McCartney (5’33”) (“Maybe I’m Amazed”, “The Fool On The Hill”, “Let It Be”, “Hot As Sun”, “Spin It On”, “Twenty Flight Rock”, “Go Now”, “Arrow Through Me”, “Wonderful Christmastime”, “Coming Up”, “Goodnight Tonight”, “Yesterday”, “Mull Of Kintyre” missing), introduction by McCartney + “Band On The Run” (6’24”).
- from live in Sagaponak, Long Island, NY, The Hamptons, August 30th, 2016, fundraising event for Hillary Clinton, VG- audience recording (Paul McCartney was among a group of rock stars that also included Bon Jovi and Jimmy Buffett who performed at an outdoor private fundraiser in the Hamptons in Long Island Tuesday), mono:
(“Jet" missing) ….. “Can't Buy Me Love” ….. (0’28”, fades in and out) (“Lady Madonna” missing) ….. “Hey Jude” ….. “Hey Jude”….. “Hey Jude”….. (0'37”, with Jimmy Buffett and Bon Jovi, fades in and out, edits, already released on “Unbootlegged 51 - Fundraising In Sagaponak” No Head Records NHR 1602 CD-R).

if you want it:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AQ5 ... ue&sd=true, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing,
atthebeeb

Post by atthebeeb »

I think the new release is from the first night
I'd like to read your comments
TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Wonderful. Thank you
teegee

Post by teegee »

I attended the concert at Manchester Apollo on Thursday 29th November 1979.
I have had a recording of "a" concert which could either be the 28th or 29th in mp3 and had it for years.
The mp3 version is dated 28th November

Sadly my memory is unable to confirm if it is one or the other dates.

Checking through both there are many that sound the same with some tracks slightly shorter or longer with or without intros.
On the mp3 version the track list is different e.g Every Night is listed as Track 23 - whoever did the tagging may have made an error and it should be track 3.
The mp3 version does not have the Introduction as Track 1
Track 13 on the mp3 version was incorrectly listed as "Junk" not Hot as Sun.
On the intro to Yesterday there is a slight cough as Paul clears his throat on both versions.
The intro to Spin it On sounds the same.
The mp3 version does not have the introduction to Twenty Flight Rock.
Otherwise the playlist is the same on both versions

There are enough similarities to suggest that they are both the same concert.
Fast lucky

Post by Fast lucky »

Misterclaudel has announced a new release with the two concerts as well. Curious if the contents will be the same as the no label boot.
mikec

Post by mikec »

Thank you, but this "No label" version is not the Nov 29th show but a new and un-circulated source from the first concert, Nov 28th. (on Youtube and many sites also mislabeled as Nov 29th)
Same introductions both sources before “Every Night”.
Same Denny Lane introduction for “Again Again and Again”
Same Paul talk “Thanks Folks, before we go any further… “ etc before “I’ve Had Enough”
Same introduction by Denny Lane to “No Words”
Etc etc

From the actual Nov 29th show we only have a 3 songs and if atthebeeb could post them would be great so people here can compare intros/outros.
Thanks
atthebeeb

Post by atthebeeb »

it has been posted here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AQ5 ... ue&sd=true, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing,
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

I have a poor mp3 copy of the November 28th, 1979 show, and on Arrow Through Me at the start SOMEONE whistles, and on of BOTH recordings
My copy there buzz on mp3 and this recording is clear and clean to me...
Chris
TAKRL

Post by TAKRL »

Hmmm, indeed, as everyone has pointed out, the date on which this show was recorded is uncertain.
Zill Paqua, the owner of the newly discovered tape, says it was recorded on 29 November.
hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlfmSM9xRUI
Other different recordings are uncertain whether the date on the label is correct, as there is no testimony from the master tape owner.
WOA76

Post by WOA76 »

TAKRL wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:17 pm Hmmm, indeed, as everyone has pointed out, the date on which this show was recorded is uncertain.
Zill Paqua, the owner of the newly discovered tape, says it was recorded on 29 November.
hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlfmSM9xRUI
Other different recordings are uncertain whether the date on the label is correct, as there is no testimony from the master tape owner.
B
So is 28th show had all this years really 29th then
Chris