Fan created remixes and rare variations
greenfrog12

Re: A few of Tex's Magical Misery Mixes

Post by greenfrog12 »

Thanks so much.
Tex

Post by Tex »

OK, here's my "Hello Goodbye (2023 remix). The body of the song is from the Rock Band stems and the end is tacked on from the official mix because the Rock Band version is several seconds too short.
hxxps://we.tl/t-ontC8HlyDZ
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

Interesting. And thanks!

These kinds of tweaks and adjustments remind me of the tedium of sitting at the board with my band in the early-mid 1990's during our first couple albums and painstakingly making slight adjustments to the various instruments, vocals, adding effects, etc. and then listening back. Over and over again. After a while it all kind of blended together in my head and I didn't know what I was listening to or what to specifically listen for. So we'd burn them to tape and take them home and, again, listen to them over and over. Living and breathing the same set of tunes for days upon days. The same kind of process happened while mastering. Tweaking the volume levels and EQ of the whole thing. Making sure the stereo was balanced. And then listening back over and over before making the final decision that "OK! This is it! We're done!"

I can sympathize what you go through in trying to get the best out of these songs for your ears (and all of ours.) Not an easy task. You are a driven individual, though, I can tell.

Thanks again!
Tex

Post by Tex »

"05 - Your Mother Should Go (2023 remix)" - The vocals are centered, piano moved left and some little things tweaked. This was a difficult remix mainly because I had to listen to it. :lol:
hxxps://we.tl/t-zzmd2ti6PA

For "All You Need Is Love" I'll just repost my 2019 remix because not much needed changing.
hxxps://we.tl/t-uScTEdNhEU

"The Fool On The Hill" is basically the DVD remix with slight tweaks.
hxxps://we.tl/t-W7E7f3SdsY

Here's the 1966 stereo mix of "Strawberry Fields Forever" remastered somewhat. I did this in 2018 so it could probably be done better today.
hxxps://we.tl/t-BniBSZQtNC
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you for the additional MMT remixes Tex ......
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Ziggy C wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:30 pm I can sympathize what you go through in trying to get the best out of these songs for your ears (and all of ours.) Not an easy task. You are a driven individual, though, I can tell.
Let your amazement grow.
The Beatles had no time for such scrutiny. Their ideas were always better than any sort of obtainable perfection. They also seemed to realize that NOBODY is ever happy and for them, SACRIFICE is what separates the humdrum from the fresh and new. They never knew of perfection. They would simply do the best they could...and we should be thankful. Some of the stuff was made so fast that it can't be repaired. They were consistent and that was what we needed most. They sacrificed normalcy to be The Beatles! The result amazed everyone. It wasn't a complicated recipe. The world was just that starved for Hope! Can they do it again?
Of course they can. Their legacy has yet to find its proper womb.
The world still needs what it needs.
Legacy, Hope, Beatles...53 years on.
I'm thrilled about the abilities of our forum members. Many are extraction wizards and
have done excellent things to bring out the magic of Beatles music for all to hear!
Thanks, Zig, Tex
KC
Tex

Post by Tex »

George Martin said to Ron Furmanek while remixing for the VHS/LD release "Did we really put this [song] out?"

"04 - Blue Jay Way (2023 remix)"
hxxps://we.tl/t-Ukf6pgcYIw

One of the things learned while listening to the Demucs tracks is the mono mix has a fewer dropouts on the drums and there's actually a bass guitar that is virtually mixed out of the stereo mix (or drowned out). This version is a hybrid of the two mixes.

"Your Mother Should Know (Anthology deverbed)"
hxxps://we.tl/t-6nXriTfQ9D
Last edited by Tex on Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME shares - Thank you for the latest shares Tex .....
Tex

Post by Tex »

Eh, I wasn't crazy about "Blue Jay Way" so I brought the bass and drums up a bit. The vocals were maybe a bit loud.
hxxps://we.tl/t-I7AbCnRq0h

And here is the original mono mix from the CD EP which sounds really good and cohesive sounding.
hxxps://we.tl/t-kR4q1wK3bm

And with those I'm done with this album unless I think of something else.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

Thanks Tex for your wizardry on the MMT remixes ......