The 2012 Vinyl Re-Issues Were From 44.1khz Source

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: The 2012 Vinyl Re-Issues Were From 44.1khz Source

Post by Lord Reith »

robbmacc wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:34 pm Are they your personal tips, or rips done at the time?
They were from a Russian torrent site, if that still exists. It was a 1984 blue box with the white album missing, ripped by some Russian guy.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
tymime

Post by tymime »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:00 am
Diego82 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:32 pm I did this method and the gain was incredible, I've heard the Please Please Me and With The Beatles LPs and I believe that the sound improvement is above 90%, can't wait to hear from A Hard Day's Night onwards.

I have one doubt. Does this method also works with the the CDs from the Mono Box Set from 2009?

Thank you for the answer and have a good day everyone
I'm not sure it makes any actual difference to the sound but it does make the audio respond better to any subsequent restoration. For example, if you try to use a declipping filter on the straight 2009 mixes, it doesn't really work at all. I don't know why. EQ matching software also doesn't work (it gives false readings). But if you apply that above process first, every subsequent process works better. Maybe it's because the DR reading increases, even though logically it can't but the subsequent processes behave as if it has.
I've used this same process on other recordings, and somehow it gets rid of brickwalling. It's like a magic formula or something.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:04 am
robbmacc wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:34 pm Are they your personal tips, or rips done at the time?
They were from a Russian torrent site, if that still exists. It was a 1984 blue box with the white album missing, ripped by some Russian guy.
The Beatles Blue Box Collection (12 LP, Without White Album) from July 2021? Here's what I have hxxps://we.tl/t-BoLoElxsHl
Yves
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you Yves for the share ......
Ken_peps

Post by Ken_peps »

Many thanks, ymca6!!!!
RLester

Post by RLester »

Maybe this is a stupid question, and I apologize if this is the case, but is there a story about why the White Album is not part of this?

In my back ups, I have the Ebbetts versions of the complete Blue Box set - is that desired by any of you? If so, I'll need coaching on sharing, but I'm happy to try.

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:04 am
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

RLester wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:01 pm Maybe this is a stupid question, and I apologize if this is the case, but is there a story about why the White Album is not part of this?

In my back ups, I have the Ebbetts versions of the complete Blue Box set - is that desired by any of you? If so, I'll need coaching on sharing, but I'm happy to try.
There's speed problems with the Ebbetts blue box and also it's one of those higgledy piggledy blue boxes with sides from all over the place (some tube cut, some transistor, some early 70s, some late 70s). That's why I prefer the Russian blue box, which is made up entirely of the final Harry Moss cuts from 1984. The WA is missing because it just wasn't in the box the guy bought. I guess whoever owned it just kept that album. The other albums sound unplayed except for Abbey Road which has a fair bit of surface noise BUT...

There are state of the art rips of WA and AR by another guy whose name escapes me but he is another Russian ripper. He auditions like 20 different copies of a disc to find the best one. Someone will know his name. So by combining them with the other box you get the lot.

I wish I owned a mint Blue Box from the early 80s. That to me is the ultimate representation of those records, because the cutting tech was at its absolute peak and Harry Moss was a master of the art at the top of his game. Also the tapes were in much better shape in 1984 than they were in 2009.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
RLester

Post by RLester »

Quietly hoping the other cat's name will lead to a quiet posting of this material.

Lord Reith wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:23 am
RLester wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:01 pm Maybe this is a stupid question, and I apologize if this is the case, but is there a story about why the White Album is not part of this?

There's speed problems with the Ebbetts blue box and also it's one of those higgledy piggledy blue boxes with sides from all over the place (some tube cut, some transistor, some early 70s, some late 70s). That's why I prefer the Russian blue box, which is made up entirely of the final Harry Moss cuts from 1984. The WA is missing because it just wasn't in the box the guy bought. I guess whoever owned it just kept that album. The other albums sound unplayed except for Abbey Road which has a fair bit of surface noise BUT...

There are state of the art rips of WA and AR by another guy whose name escapes me but he is another Russian ripper. He auditions like 20 different copies of a disc to find the best one. Someone will know his name. So by combining them with the other box you get the lot.

I wish I owned a mint Blue Box from the early 80s. That to me is the ultimate representation of those records, because the cutting tech was at its absolute peak and Harry Moss was a master of the art at the top of his game. Also the tapes were in much better shape in 1984 than they were in 2009.
RalseiDeltarune

Post by RalseiDeltarune »

At times I wish I had my own BC-13.. In the meantime, I have my vinyl-rip collection stored on my PC.
Interested in any/all Bootlegs. Sometimes I make my own.

Catalog is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2649
Diego82

Post by Diego82 »

I, following the instructions of Lord Reith did some audio restorations using Audacity on my own, to improve the sound of the 2009 Stereo Remasters to be close to the analogue original albuns. I did for all of them, using the USB Stereo Flac files and even did that to the Mono CD box too. It was all fun and, to my ears, did improved considerably the sound of them.

Then, I use the same thing in the Giles Martin's remixes of 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022. All with very good results, to me at least.

All the Giles remixes became, after that process, much more listenable, detailed and pleaseant to my ears. I'm not an audio expert, but in all of them

After that I enjoyed a lot more what he has done. I'm not saying that what he did was the right option or path to follow, but now, after this method, I can appreciate his way of approach these albuns.