just bought a (possibly) rare new bootleg

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
silver_2000

just bought a (possibly) rare new bootleg

Post by silver_2000 »

Been looking at this reel to reel on eBay for a bit, and messaged the seller and see if he could give me a better price, 1000 dollars is just too much for me to buy with no snippet or no real evidence, he said he could come down to 200 and offered it at that price, I took the offer and bought it.

I know that it's possible this is a blank tape, a copy of another bootleg..etc, but I am, and was willing to take that risk. Hoping I get something good and worthwhile. Been in contact with a local audio engineer, and he said he could transfer it to digital.

we will see and I will keep anybody interested updated!

Item listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/385476976425
Mrbeatleg

Re: just bought a (possibly) rare new bootleg

Post by Mrbeatleg »

boy, 800 bucks, that's very risky for the price and it could just be a reel of tape that someone recorded LP songs onto. The owner didn't know what was on it. Sold as is and no returns. Say goodbye to 800 bucks!
BrayanMayonesa

Post by BrayanMayonesa »

good luck friend, let's hope it brings good and new things!
TOBY CELERY

Post by TOBY CELERY »

We're all waiting with bated breath......let's hope!!
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Mrbeatleg wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:14 pm boy, 800 bucks, that's very risky for the price and it could just be a reel of tape that someone recorded LP songs onto. The owner didn't know what was on it. Sold as is and no returns. Say goodbye to 800 bucks!
No No, it was 200
FilmObscurest

Post by FilmObscurest »

Risky business, man.

I don't doubt it could be something really cool. But listing for $1000 and then dropping to 1/5th of that price is a red flag for me. If you did stumble onto something great, though, that's like winning the jackpot! :D

Here's hoping it's something cool. Please keep us updated!
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

It is risky to get the reel. Weird that it went down so much to $200. Checking other items he has, all random stuff, so who knows? Please let us know how it turns out. Good or Bad (hopefully great news). The old Bootlegzone scored a rare reel of the McCartney/Cilla Black filming session audio and a cassette of Lennon with Kyoko. A member here got lucky to win at an Ebay auction of John's "rough print" of the Toronto concert. Even better, it was an alternate ful audio mix! So let's hope this reel is what the seller describes what it is.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Scam, scam, scam, scam...

Lovely Scam, oh wonderful Scam...
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

zappaf78 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:07 pm It is risky to get the reel. Weird that it went down so much to $200. Checking other items he has, all random stuff, so who knows? Please let us know how it turns out. Good or Bad (hopefully great news). The old Bootlegzone scored a rare reel of the McCartney/Cilla Black filming session audio and a cassette of Lennon with Kyoko. A member here got lucky to win at an Ebay auction of John's "rough print" of the Toronto concert. Even better, it was an alternate ful audio mix! So let's hope this reel is what the seller describes what it is.
Anyone publicly released that rough print of Toronto?
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

FilmObscurest wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:44 pm Risky business, man.

I don't doubt it could be something really cool. But listing for $1000 and then dropping to 1/5th of that price is a red flag for me. If you did stumble onto something great, though, that's like winning the jackpot! :D

Here's hoping it's something cool. Please keep us updated!

Risky Business, good movie.

I understand it is risky, but as I said, I'm willing to take that risk, not the end of the world if its just bullshit, I'm willing to take that hit