'Birth of the Beatles' film from 1979

The place to discuss rare video of the Fabs
MarkRJones1970

Re: 'Birth of the Beatles' film from 1979

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

beatlefan99 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:13 am Here you go :

Thanks for that. I'll check it out when I get home from work. I'm on the night shift this week and, luckily, this forum still works on the incredbly restricted internet we have access to at work.(Seriously, being able to browse this forum on nights helps kill a couple of hours a night so makes it a little less dull. I have a DVD player too so every night I'll watch some bootleg Beatles footage to pass the time! Tonight it's the turn of my best quality wise,version of the 'Let It Be' film) While I can see the thumbnail of the file you posted I can't actually see anything moving (and most of the pictues in the forum don't actually show up due to the restricts imposed upon of us cos of where I am!)
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

RunoutGroove wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:38 am :lol: :lol: You're better off watching The Ruttles.
I've already got The Rutles DVD and watched it many times.
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:37 am
RunoutGroove wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:32 am Actors who attempt Scouse always sound like Brummies, "She luvs yow, awlruyt" :lol:
And my pet peeve: British actors who think Australians pronounce "grass" to rhyme with "lass". I can't believe in 2021 they still haven't got this right.

GRASS rhymes with ARSE!
Same up here where I am. I'm from Northampton and down there we say GRASS as in ARSE. Up here in the North West it's GRASS as in LASS! Same with BATH. I say BARF, up here it's BAF! And I'll never get used to people calling trousers PANTS up here. Pants are underwear, like UNDERPANTS! TROUSERS TROUSERS TROUSERS! Pants are Y fronts!!!
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:35 pm And I'll never get used to people calling trousers PANTS up here. Pants are underwear, like UNDERPANTS! TROUSERS TROUSERS TROUSERS! Pants are Y fronts!!!
Yeah I know! Pants are knickers.

"W.C.Fields Forever" = funniest song title ever.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Marshfish

Post by Marshfish »

John Altman, who played Nasty Nick Cotton in EastEnders, played George in Birth of the Beatles.
snrub

Post by snrub »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:35 pm And I'll never get used to people calling trousers PANTS up here.
When Paul sings "Country Dreamer", the word "trousers" always bothers me. (Unlike in the Rutles, where the running "trousers" gag is a delight!)
"Roll my trousers up" does not work in a country song, plus it puts an awkward extra syllable where it doesn't belong. IMHO If we have Paul singing the word "pants" anywhere, that should be punched in to make it "roll my pants up and not feel blue". ;)
jpgr0420

Post by jpgr0420 »

I always enjoyed this movie, especially for the music. It's a Dick Clark production, and it's from the 70's, so for those two reasons you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Morning Glory is one of the greatest albums ever in my opinion. I ignored Oasis for many years, but I got the cd probably 8 years or so after it came out, listened to it on the way to work, and I left it in my cd player for the next few months.

Had to throw my two cents in after all the negative comments toward the movie and Oasis.

Comparing Oasis to the Rutles is a compliment for both of them. Hell, Spinal Tap is my favorite metal album.
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

This is what I have for 'Birth of the Beatles'; a divx version that starts with "She Loves You" and a "Smile" enthusiast made DVD with another beginning (I'm sure we can have a pretty good guess what happened there) but a few minutes longer. I'll allow you to decide which version is the best and why.

1.Birth of the Beatles Divx

2. Birth of the Beatles ('She Loves You') beginning but shorter)Smile DVD https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

So has anyone got the version of Birth Of The Beatles that begins with My Bonnie in waltz time?

Something I've had in the back of my mind for a long time is to replace Rain's cover versions with real Beatles performances from the BBC, Star Club etc.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:00 am So has anyone got the version of Birth Of The Beatles that begins with My Bonnie in waltz time?

Something I've had in the back of my mind for a long time is to replace Rain's cover versions with real Beatles performances from the BBC, Star Club etc.
I posted it yesterday, I guess that post (and this lol) needs moderator clearance.Well this one has come through. I will try to post the link again. Edited to add a link to Birth of the Beatles with My Bonnie opening hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1lOczC_Hviwe9M4fu9TD_5yDBELvMYhLy/view?usp=sharing

and a link to a DVD of the other version hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16kHcmO9L3xDDLXqj4e9bMOnNfQ1c3xFt?usp=sharing