What are the very best Beatles live bootlegs?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
silver_2000

What are the very best Beatles live bootlegs?

Post by silver_2000 »

Just wanted to ask the larger Beatle community what they consider to be the best Beatle live bootlegs, that have not been officially released by apple, so just no Hollywood Bowl audio, no overdubbed Shea Stadium audio,

I always considered the Houston 65 evening audio to be great, as well as Indianapolis 64... Would love to hear what the rest of you think is the best.
Shears1971

Re: What are the very best Beatles live bootlegs?

Post by Shears1971 »

Melbourne 1964 is great quality from video /television broadcast. Not sure what the best bootleg is for it these days…
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

Shears1971 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:23 pm Melbourne 1964 is great quality from video /television broadcast. Not sure what the best bootleg is for it these days…
The video mix of the concert is pretty great, I use the mistercladuel for Melbourne, there's like 6 different sources for Melbourne Evening, the video source is easily the best! Too bad its missing This Boy!
EdinSc

Post by EdinSc »

The VERY BEST Hollywood Bowl (two shows, plus) is this boot sourced from Lord Reith's mixes. The far surpasses the released Bowl disk, as it's two complete shows, parts of another, and is not drowned in screaming.

hXXps://drive.google.com/file/d/1bR1PgjBneXSo-8POMUKpCbDEf23hrTh7/view?usp=sharing
masterjedi

Post by masterjedi »

Here are a few that I personally think sound pretty decent. These have all been repaired to some extent, but the original sources are listed in the notes for each. Hollywood Bowl I never did because LR already did, and Philadelphia is one I never got around to that sounds really nice as well.

hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14VTSdMmC9yBtltQ42lL91aJpRp-4guMd?usp=sharing
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

I want to hear ANY Live performance that results in a pre-recorded backing track(or vocals) becoming audible. Logistical problems abound. In the case of The Beatles...from February 11, 1964...they could have just used stunt-doubles to go through the choreography. A press team could feed post dated prophecy about fictitious puff/spin/ open end interview discs in SuperSlowMotion called the tour itinerary. Every concert is the same event would last 30 minutes including limo enter/exit property. Security must be dominant and the illusion of mayhem must never end. But it's the same studio tape with crowd noise embellishment. The list of urban locations must connect in less than 24 hour increments. So, the cross promo rumor mill extrudes custom made reality at fever pitch. From Preludin mythoLogy and possibly a sighting of a real Beatle in Solvang or Alisal guest ranch.! And it all goes round and round in this circle game. They were so wiggy, ciggy, jiggy, piggy, baggy sweegin, wonky that they looked tired but it happened so quick. George didn't look like himself but we weren't that close.
To do what The Beatles actually did on U.S. tour...and nobody listening...was dangerous, detrimental to talent, taxing emotionally, expensive, and for almost everyone...blurry to look at from such distance. Do you think anyone would have noticed? Nobody would have noticed because America needs a face and that's the whole thing. The mind can be fooled by kinetoscope. The crowd will convince itself on this. Land of free must be where confidence comes from. No more crewcut! No more Kingston Trio! Of course I saw The Beatles in L.A. Any stadium with tunnels just adds the element of danger!
If there was a prerecorded tape playing while George and John's microphone are OFF, then it must be June 5, 1964. I call that scary shit. Alf, Mal and Neil(Baltazar, Melchior, Caspar) What the hell!!! I wonder if such a problem might have happened in the Philippines? Amelda? You want to tell us about that? Was there a banquet or a pre-recorded tape getting on the crowds nerves.
We could've even been called The Shoes...
(Close call)
Paul might remember standing behind the curtain at Ed Sullivan waiting for the curtain to go up to play Yesterday with the string quartet just a few feet away at the debut of the American single that nearly launched Paul's solo career. KHJ Hitbound surveys for Yesterday listed artist as Paul McCartney...every mention OF THAT SONG! Summer 1965...Keep looking for anomalies at any Lindsay Hogg contract work. No attempts to add visual continuity only smaller snippets that are 3 words or less for Hey Jude...and just one word or less for Revolution. Absolutely nothing to support Union member wages. Just a mockery thereof? Has the foam damper in the Hofner strings in Revolution ever been explained? Is that a VOX accessory? Spark arrester. Even with so many edits...it's obviously not live. They just couldn't mime on those days!
KC
silver_2000

Post by silver_2000 »

masterjedi wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:45 pm Here are a few that I personally think sound pretty decent. These have all been repaired to some extent, but the original sources are listed in the notes for each. Hollywood Bowl I never did because LR already did, and Philadelphia is one I never got around to that sounds really nice as well.

hxxps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14VTSdMmC9yBtltQ42lL91aJpRp-4guMd?usp=sharing
I just remembered one of my very favorite live appearances, great setlist, great listen, Blackpool Big Night Out 1964, a thing of legends! Would love to hear a remix you can do of it.

I did one a few months ago, but I think I overdid the reverb, though it does have a bit of a charm to it,

(edit)
Heard from someone that a kinescope of the appearance might exist, rumors of it being shown at Beatle conventions in the 1990s, I think if that ever was released publicly, let alone, confirmed by someone with it, even if they could not share it, I would have a heart attack of joy~!
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you for the share EdinSC....
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Anything from 1962, 63 and the first half of 64. Thereafter Blackpool 65, Paris 65. Not much else that musical from the baseball stadium years.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
IFeelFine

Post by IFeelFine »

My personal favourites are the couple of Australian concerts and the Blackpool Big Night Out 1964.