Tex's "Please Please Me" album remixes

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Tex

Re: "Baby It's You" and "Ask Me Why" and other PPM album mixes

Post by Tex »

OK, I did a narrow-stereo version of "Love Me Do" from the EP. The EP doesn't really sound any different than the LP. In this mix the vocals and bass guitar are a bit clearer. The extracted vocals had terrible sibilance but I used a De-Esser in Audacity and knocked it down. This completes the whole album.
hxxps://we.tl/t-abpAj0lGQx
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Have you ever considered oops’ing the fake stereo on the PPM album, preferably a first pressing needledrop? I believe it’s Doug that once mentioned this trick to get the best sounding version.
Bert13

Post by Bert13 »

Thank you for these remixes, Tex, enjoying it immensely. I am missing I Saw Her Standing There, assuming you did that song as well.
Tex

Post by Tex »

Bert13 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:33 am Thank you for these remixes, Tex, enjoying it immensely. I am missing I Saw Her Standing There, assuming you did that song as well.
Yes.
hxxps://we.tl/t-pwtkE11pNx
miggynav

Post by miggynav »

Thanks for all these, is it possible to get everything in one download?
Tex

Post by Tex »

Last edited by Tex on Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwai Chang

Re: "Baby It's You" bare bones mixes

Post by Kwai Chang »

ksantus wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:49 pm It's pretty cool to hear how simplistic of a sound the greatest rock & roll band of all time made, but was so inovative at the time. For me, the simpler it sounds, the greater it is. As a first generation fan, I always look for that guitar sound that all of the Brit Inv bands made. The guitar sounds of 62-65 were fantastic. I love the later stuff, but the sound that hooked me came from the very early days, and the stuff that hooked them came from the mid and late 50's.

Thanks very much Engonoceras, great job!
Kevin
Thank you, Kevin! I would not disagree with any of that.
Just watch The Beatles...is their Magic musical or practical? They are great musically...but their Magic is their personal charm and that is the most simple part. Most will disagree, but the group radiates laziness but never so much as to not pay attention. They can follow ANY conversation and at ANY speed with insightful articulation. THAT alone is magical. But, they added suits. They kept the hair clean, combed and in need of a barber. They had perfect manners! Say abracadabra if you need to! This model is really perfection(especially for the 1964 U.S. male prototype adolescent). So, is that the key to all of the great music they made? It IS! They were so busy being polite and lazy...they would do what they could(the minimum) whenever they could(when they had to) and their new ideas would always take priority so old ideas were never really finished except in quirky, simple ways that were both efficient and clever and unforeseen and suggested a flow of artistic maturity. Of course, this laziness can be seen in all photos after Feb.9, 1964. Before that, they were still unsure of their own confidence. There is trepidation on their faces. They really didn't know if they were going to succeed but by the end of the Washington show, they realized the hard part was far behind them. Somehow, the only question they didn't know the answer to was "how did we get here"?
So what happened next? They learned that being lazy can be fun and exhausting! Please and Thank you!
Eventually, they grew bored with laziness.
But, that light, you know, the 7-year-light that was connected to that laziness...
got dim and went out.
Are we working all day?
Engonoceras, are you being not-lazy on purpose?
KC
BeatleGuy1949

Post by BeatleGuy1949 »

Thank you for all of the updates
sunnylew

Post by sunnylew »

Engonoceras wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:49 am Regarding "There's a Place" I really wish I had the ability to separate, re-balance and slightly pitch correct the individual voices. "Anna" has a couple tiny pitch tweaks.
Have you tried Melodyne?

I don't think you can actually separate the vocals, but I'm pretty sure you can retune individual notes within chords and harmonies.
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME - Thank you for your shares Tex .....