The Beatles A Hard Day's Night MOGG files and Isolated Tracks

Fan created remixes and rare variations
ripofflennon

Re: The Beatles A Hard Day's Night MOGG files and Isolated Tracks

Post by ripofflennon »

what program do you use to seperate instruments?
peter61

Post by peter61 »

El_Garnatí wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:14 pm Thank you Peter
Thank you, El_Garnati.
peter61

Post by peter61 »

ripofflennon wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:26 pm what program do you use to seperate instruments?
I mainly use Audition and RipX
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

WOW! What's interesting about your separations is WE CAN RECONSTRUCT earlier takes and SI's (overdubs) of these tracks - based on known reference material that describes what the earlier takes sounded like and included, etc...
peter61

Post by peter61 »

millerTEK wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:54 am WOW! What's interesting about your separations is WE CAN RECONSTRUCT earlier takes and SI's (overdubs) of these tracks - based on known reference material that describes what the earlier takes sounded like and included, etc...
Thank you very much, millerTEK !
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

Here is why I love your MOGGs -

I Should Have Known Better -
here are your separations for the released song.

1 : Bass
2 : Drums
3 : Electric Guitar
4 : Acoustic Rhythm Guitar
5 : Harmonica
6 : Vocal
7 : Misc

loading the MOGG file into audacity so you can manipulate each track listed above and then export the results - you can very closely reconstruct TAKE 09 and the SI track for TAKE 22.
TAKE 09 is documented as the MARKED BEST finished rhythm track, using John's vocal, AND importantly without the harmonica. Note their is a fragment of the Take 09 call and John commenting about just wanting to sing and not use the harmonica.
Then you can re-create the overdub (SI) track for TAKE 22 - which is documented as The Harmonica and John's Vocal double tracked added to the TAKE 09 you created.

THINGS WE SAID TODAY - we know only 3 takes were recorded.
Take 2 is documented the completed track before the final overdubs were added to create Take 3.
Your MOGG separations allow you to recreate Take 02 by removing the items documented as being used for Take 3.
I won;t go into the details so you can read the documentation and figure out the puzzle to make a Take 02 and SI Track for Take 3.

ANY TIME AT ALL -
check documentation about those sessions regarding details about Take 07 and Take 11

YOU CANT DO THAT -
This is a fun one - as Anthology already released TAKE 06 - which provides the chosen final rhythm track they would continue to use with John's GUIDE VOCAL. So you can create the TAKE 09 SI Overdub track - that has the bongos, cowbell, guitar, John's redone vocal and the backup vocals.

You'll find others with your MOGGs of Beatles for Sale, too (I have only found MOGGs for those 2 albums).

A bit of caution - there may be a lack of documentation that describes other takes and details - and the MOGGs may not provide the separations needed, so I'm not trying to imply 100% accuracy with any reconstruction - but for your collection and those interested - this is a fun little project one can do! You'll learn a lot about using mixing software and so forth!

enjoy

PS - BEATLES FOR SALE - I almost made an I'll follow The Sun earlier take, but the guitar solo in the middle eight is still heard in one of the separations even if you remove that track. I'm working on figuring that out.
peter61

Post by peter61 »

millerTEK wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:46 am Here is why I love your MOGGs -

I Should Have Known Better -
here are your separations for the released song.

1 : Bass
2 : Drums
3 : Electric Guitar
4 : Acoustic Rhythm Guitar
5 : Harmonica
6 : Vocal
7 : Misc

loading the MOGG file into audacity so you can manipulate each track listed above and then export the results - you can very closely reconstruct TAKE 09 and the SI track for TAKE 22.
TAKE 09 is documented as the MARKED BEST finished rhythm track, using John's vocal, AND importantly without the harmonica. Note their is a fragment of the Take 09 call and John commenting about just wanting to sing and not use the harmonica.
Then you can re-create the overdub (SI) track for TAKE 22 - which is documented as The Harmonica and John's Vocal double tracked added to the TAKE 09 you created.

THINGS WE SAID TODAY - we know only 3 takes were recorded.
Take 2 is documented the completed track before the final overdubs were added to create Take 3.
Your MOGG separations allow you to recreate Take 02 by removing the items documented as being used for Take 3.
I won;t go into the details so you can read the documentation and figure out the puzzle to make a Take 02 and SI Track for Take 3.

ANY TIME AT ALL -
check documentation about those sessions regarding details about Take 07 and Take 11

YOU CANT DO THAT -
This is a fun one - as Anthology already released TAKE 06 - which provides the chosen final rhythm track they would continue to use with John's GUIDE VOCAL. So you can create the TAKE 09 SI Overdub track - that has the bongos, cowbell, guitar, John's redone vocal and the backup vocals.

You'll find others with your MOGGs of Beatles for Sale, too (I have only found MOGGs for those 2 albums).

A bit of caution - there may be a lack of documentation that describes other takes and details - and the MOGGs may not provide the separations needed, so I'm not trying to imply 100% accuracy with any reconstruction - but for your collection and those interested - this is a fun little project one can do! You'll learn a lot about using mixing software and so forth!

enjoy

PS - BEATLES FOR SALE - I almost made an I'll follow The Sun earlier take, but the guitar solo in the middle eight is still heard in one of the separations even if you remove that track. I'm working on figuring that out.
Steve, glad if you have fun remixing tracks to create a different take, after all, the goal of it is enjoying the world of remixing, continue to update us with your "Takes Remix Experiences"..(A sentence à la Ringo) ;)

Pierre
EdinSc

Post by EdinSc »

I've spent a few days working on instrumental mixes of these tracks. I think this is the best set!

hXXps://drive.google.com/file/d/1FOE-J7-OfScZuFPpBJJfeQjv2Kn6nKdp/view?usp=sharing
ripofflennon

Post by ripofflennon »

peter61 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:35 pm
ripofflennon wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:26 pm what program do you use to seperate instruments?
I mainly use Audition and RipX
what are you doing in Audition to isolate each instrument?
Ziggy C

Post by Ziggy C »

This project provides quite the learning tool for musicians trying to suss out the individual parts. Also, it has settled a long-standing disagreement over the second verse of AHDN. It is indeed, "So why on earth should I moan."

For years I had thought it was, "So why I love to come home." That was mostly due to the erroneous lyrics printed on the sleeve of the Red Album. But boy, I fought tooth and nail with my drummer over this. And now I know I was wrong. And so does he. But he knew that all along.

How do you get a drummer off your doorstep?
Tip him for the pizza.

I'd love to see this AI separation voodoo applied to all their albums...