A Hard Day's Night artifact + new mixes of it + Ticket To Ride (new update & fixes2)

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Mixerrog

Re: A Hard Day's Night artifact + new mixes of it + Ticket To Ride (new update & fixes)

Post by Mixerrog »

BTL1210,

I just checked my download & worked ok for me. I do know that some virus protect programs do not like WeTransfer files for some reason but
I have never had any issues with them.

Rog
BTL1210

Re: A Hard Day's Night artifact + new mixes of it + Ticket To Ride (new update & fixes)

Post by BTL1210 »

Have tried again this morning - no joy - as I said yesterday - have never ever had any problems with any downloads so really puzzled ...... Kind regards ..... BTL1210 ....
pudz

Post by pudz »

Sounds great, thanks mixerrog!
BTL1210 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:20 am Have tried again this morning - no joy
You'll need to disable your antivirus, it's 100% safe with just a .flac file inside.
It's most likely because the archive has a password so I dare say your antivirus software is extremely poor and you should think about getting a different one - but that's another subject for a different forum!
ruedabeat

Post by ruedabeat »

Well, I´ve never had any problems with Wetransfer, except with expired transfers. :geek:
BTL1210

Post by BTL1210 »

pudz wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:22 am Sounds great, thanks mixerrog!
BTL1210 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:20 am Have tried again this morning - no joy
You'll need to disable your antivirus, it's 100% safe with just a .flac file inside.
It's most likely because the archive has a password so I dare say your antivirus software is extremely poor and you should think about getting a different one - but that's another subject for a different forum!
I have never had any problems at all with WeTransfer or passwords or anything before or since - so hopefully mixerrog will include the track in a compilation ;-) ;-) ;-)
BTL1210
harrylime

Post by harrylime »

Mixerrog wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:13 pm I did a little more work on it & now consider my remix 9 finished that you can grab my 24 bit remix at hxxps://we.tl/t-3bB16AGq9b with password of 092849. I used Mirror Spock's very good 24 bit unlimited version as my source with all separations by me.

I started this project for a 5.1 surround upmix that I needed extra stems for is also complete now.

Enjoy. Rog
Hi Rog, I noticed a few mishaps on the TTR

- it starts with a high pitched noise, like a cricket or a tape rewind but very faint, Audacity spectrum analysis pinpoints it to a 8,8 kHz signal (screenshot)
- at 0:03, just before the drums come in, a 'swoosh' kind of effect can be heard in the left channel
- at 1:29, the bass guitar increases a lot in volume, but it turns down again a few seconds later
- crackle at 1:59
- the bass does keep varying in volume a bit, compare for example 2:20 and 2:26 when the latter has it noticeably less intense
- at 2:36 it gets booming again, and remains that way to the end. It's like somebody pressed the 'Bass Boost' on the amp

aside from these I'm very impressed with the mix, especially the vocals.
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

harrylime wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:25 pmHi Rog, I noticed a few mishaps on the TTR

- it starts with a high pitched noise, like a cricket or a tape rewind but very faint, Audacity spectrum analysis pinpoints it to a 8,8 kHz signal (screenshot)
- at 0:03, just before the drums come in, a 'swoosh' kind of effect can be heard in the left channel
- at 1:29, the bass guitar increases a lot in volume, but it turns down again a few seconds later
- crackle at 1:59
- the bass does keep varying in volume a bit, compare for example 2:20 and 2:26 when the latter has it noticeably less intense
- at 2:36 it gets booming again, and remains that way to the end. It's like somebody pressed the 'Bass Boost' on the amp

aside from these I'm very impressed with the mix, especially the vocals.
What we see here and elsewhere (no matter who does the separations, and all of the efforts are actually very well done) is that the individual tracks need to be cleaned up before mixing, or even if left "raw" as 5.1 – stray artifacts silenced (the biggest issue), volume leveling as you described, maybe some specific EQ and maybe compression. Tops and tails should be trimmed to remove wasted space and (usually) some extraction "dirt".
Mixerrog

Post by Mixerrog »

I guess it is time for me to retire again -- first from Sony & now from here. My ears & now eyes are too old.

I will be glad to enjoy others great work here, Thanks for all your past support.

Rog
alphabeatles

Post by alphabeatles »

Mixerrog wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:52 am I guess it is time for me to retire again -- first from Sony & now from here. My ears & now eyes are too old.

I will be glad to enjoy others great work here, Thanks for all your past support.

Rog
I just wrote you on the other thread – no need to hang it up, the majority of what you do is fine, but others with younger eyes and ears can follow up and do the gritty post-work.

Everything I download from everybody here needs that same cleanup (usually tops and tails work). Sometimes this is due to artifacts resulting from the extraction process, sometimes it's due to noisy vinyl sources being used, etc.

In your case it's maybe because you have difficulty hearing/seeing the issues. In others' cases, it may be poor QC.
Mixerrog

Re: A Hard Day's Night artifact + new mixes of it + Ticket To Ride (new update & fixes2)

Post by Mixerrog »

With the issues pointed out in my remix above, I decided to completely start over with my latest mix + with the great help of my brother Clark's much better ears, I think I finally got a good mix with most issues fixed now. The ending guitar overdub is still a little rough but the rest of the song should have no issues now I think.

You can grab the new mix at hxxps://we.tl/t-S9Ik0j9vwM with password of 092849 for a week.

Enjoy, Rog