The Beatles: Earth 347 Discussion Thread

Fan created remixes and rare variations
dmh84

Re: The Beatles: "The Scandal Sessions" (Remastered 2026)

Post by dmh84 »

Nice!
Thanks so much again.
JPM7756

Post by JPM7756 »

Thank you. I'm looking forward to giving this series a listen.
inglis

Post by inglis »

Oh boy,
lots of work here,
Looking forward to another reconstruction of this important period!
Thanks much
darod

Post by darod »

Thank you very much Kingof2007 and RubberSolof :)
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

RubberSolof wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:04 am Here is a grand compilation of all this guy's albums...in chronological order with a detailed PDF I put together of his notes telling a chunk of the story...in chronological order.

Here are 2 links:

One with just the PDF (for those that love info as much as I do!) if you want to see the overview of what's included:

hXXps://spaces.hightail.com/receive/Zua1RM2P9z

And one with the whole kit and Kaboodle!:

hXXps://spaces.hightail.com/receive/E78kOzrBnK

Enjoy! RubberSolof
Hi,

Thanks for this share! Absolutely fantastic!

Is it possible to cut it down into smaller portions? It will take days (according to my computer) for me to download the entire 9GB zip file.

Thanks in advance and thanks again,
MorseMoose
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

I'll see what I can do...
RS
RubberSolof

Post by RubberSolof »

UPDATED APRIL 8:
1. Newly Updated and Expanded PDF
2. Annotated Folders w Band Timeline Updates
3. All folders are now Separated Into Individual Tracks (except 1970's Abbey Road and 1987's Worlds Apart ...see Track Listing Below for Breakdown and Timings)
4. New folder Added 1978's Solo Denny LP
5. Broke downloads into 2 much smaller files than before for ease of downloading.
6. Retitled Main Folder: Earth 347 - Alternate Universe Beatles and Solo Albums 1970-2021
Both downloads should be combined and placed in one folder labeled:

Earth 347 - Alternate Universe Beatles and Solo Albums 1970-2021

Part One: Update and Revised PDF and Earth 347 - Alternate Universe Beatles and Solo Albums 1970-1975
hXXps://spaces.hightail.com/receive/fhZtTPz5Xa

Part Two: Earth 347 - Alternate Universe Beatles and Solo Albums 1976-2021
hXXps://spaces.hightail.com/receive/HUEF37QT6e

original notes:

Hi Guys:

A gentleman out there has been putting together a series of What if albums for the Beatles (23 so far) which I would normally not post if but for the fact that he has mixed many of them so interestingly that I felt a share might be fun for those that like this kind of thing (and ignored by those that don't).

I have taken the liberty to not only download and include all the albums he has done so far (and compiled them in chronological order...) but also edited together all the notes behind his albums that he has released (also in chronological order). They make for a fun and interesting read for those that like that sort of thing (as I do). The story and music follows the beatles both as a group and in solo careers. A fascinating alternate universe rendering of What If. Think Beatles : The Love album for a lot of these... or as I have titled my main folder The Beatles: Dinner (Since the Rutles took Lunch!) LOL

Warning to those that care... most of these are in mp3 form except when he switched to flac on his latest release.

Here is a small sample of the PDF:

Junk In The Yard 1971
Alternate Universe Albums
14 videos 10,716 views Last updated on Dec 3, 2022

Following the departure of Lennon in 1969, The Beatles, now a three-man band consisting of McCartney, Harrison, & Starr, found themselves in a tricky position; their co-founder, and in many ways, their leader, had left a vacuum of empty space. One wrong step for the unstable band could mean total collapse. Unsure of what their next course of action should be, McCartney suggested the favored plan of 'keeping it down' and seeing what ideas stuck while in the studio. The newly publicly-dubbed 'Threetles' then set to work on their next album.

With Lennon gone, and McCartney artistically drained from 1969's 'Abbey Road', Harrison found himself a notch higher on the totem pole. With 'albums worths' of rejected compositions, and the Lennon-McCartney partnership no more, Harrison set to work revisiting old works, conjuring up new ones, and recording a multitude of covers with the others.

McCartney summoned up what songwriting ability he had left from 'Abbey Road', and with help from his newly-wedded wife, Linda, he managed to turn his bottom of the barrel songs and riffs into multiple album-worthy additions, even going so far as to revisiting his 1968 composition, 'Junk', which just so happened to end up lending it's lyric '...the junk in the yard...' to the album's title.

Starr, not a prolific songwriter in general, and deeply troubled by Lennon's departure, had no luck coming up with any new material. Instead, Harrison suggested Starr sing cover songs, as they had done in years past. Starr decided on 'Only You (& You Alone)' by Buck Ram, and the recently penned '$15 Draw', by American musician Sorrells Pickard.

Mid-way through 1970, The Beatles realized that the album wouldn't be ready until 1971. Not wanting to disrupt their album-a-year streak, McCartney gave producer Phil Spector the tapes of the disastrous 'Get Back' sessions. Tasked with creating an album of the rough material, Spector added lavish strings and effects to the songs in a vain effort to disguise their dirty nature. McCartney nearly quit after hearing Spector's work, but was coaxed back by Starr.

Somehow, miraculously, the album was completed, and released on August 17th, 1971 in the U.K., and August 24th in the U.S. after being pushed back from the late-1970 release it had aimed for. The press, constantly trying to spy and catch a hint as to what the unusually quiet Beatles were up to in the studio, and expecting a grand follow up to 'Abbey Road', were taken aback by the new, nearly-acoustic sound of The Beatles.

Needless to say, the public were split. Most fans welcomed the change of pace, while others boycotted the album in anger of the seemingly cash-grab approach after Lennon's departure. Nevertheless, being under the name of 'The Beatles', the album hit number one across the US and UK charts. As well as hitting the number one spot, due to the mystery surrounding the album and the rumours of Lennon leaving, 'Junk In The Yard' became the highest preordered album of all time, a record it held until Pink Floyd's 1975 album 'Wish You Were Here' surpassed the record.

Lennon's 1971 solo album, 'Imagine', was held from the top spots by 'Junk In The Yard'. Furious that The Beatles continued to beat him, even after leaving, Lennon wrote multiple scathing articles and interviews against The Beatles, calling them 'irrelevant', 'folk-bullshit', and his trademark insult, 'granny-music'. The Beatles took barely any notice to this, however, as they soon set to work on their most ambitious project yet...

SIDE ONE
A Love For You [McCartney]
Run Of The Mill [Harrison]
Hot As Sun [McCartney]
Glasses [McCartney-Harrison-Starkey]
Mud [Harrison]
Only You (And You Alone) [Ram]
Mama, You've Been On My Mind [Dylan]
Rode All Night [McCartney-Harrison-Starkey]

SIDE TWO
Maybe I'm Amazed [McCartney]
Miss O'Dell [Harrison]
Junk [McCartney]
$15 Draw [Pickard]
Awaiting On You All [Harrison]
Every Night (Be With You) [McCartney]
The Day The World Gets 'Round [Harrison]
The Light That Has Lighted The World [Harrison]

Enjoy!
RubberSolof
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Thank you :mrgreen: Volker
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

RubberSolof wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:48 am UPDATED APRIL 8:
1. Newly Updated and Expanded PDF
2. Annotated Folders w Band Timeline Updates
3. All folders are now Separated Into Individual Tracks (except 1970's Abbey Road and 1987's Worlds Apart ...see Track Listing Below for Breakdown and Timings)
4. New folder Added 1978's Solo Denny LP
5. Broke downloads into 2 much smaller files than before for ease of downloading.
6. Retitled Main Folder: Earth 347 - Alternate Universe Beatles and Solo Albums 1970-2021
Both downloads should be combined and placed in one folder labeled:

Earth 347 - Alternate Universe Beatles and Solo Albums 1970-2021

Thanks so much! This really helps. :D

MorseMoose
Kingof2007

The Beatles: "Raymond" (Remastered 2023)

Post by Kingof2007 »

Hey Guys!
So, I was chilling out last week, just kicking back and listening to my collection of Beatles albums. And you know what? "Raymond" caught my ear in a big way. Now, I know the 2009 remasters aren't the gold standard and the Vinyl copys are the best of the best, but I couldn't help thinking that "Raymond" could use a little extra love in the remixing or remastering department. I mean, sure, there are movie mixes out there, but who wants to drop over 200€ on a 5.1 system just for that, right? Anyway, I decided to take matters into my own hands and try my own hand at remastering the track. And hey, while I was at it, I even spruced up the front cover a bit!

Sources used for the Remaster:
"Raymond" 1987 DMM German Apple Pressing
"Raymond" 1988 CD Pressing

Included are the following things:
Front Cover
Back Cover
Gatefold
"Raymond" Movie Poster
What is Life (Love Remix)

Download Link: hxxps://we.tl/t-4gSL9jlLNG

Vinyl Tracklisting:

SIDE ONE
Out The Window [Harrison]
The Tuning Sequence [P. McCartney-Harrison-Starkey-Laine-L. McCartney-Lennon]
Living In The Material World [Harrison]
Country Dreamer [P. McCartney]
If Not For You [Harrison]
The H.M.S. Admiral Halsey [P. McCartney-L. McCartney]
My Love [P. McCartney]

SIDE TWO
The Storm: Movement I (Big Blue) [P. McCartney]
The Storm: Movement II (Circles) [Harrison]
The Storm: Movement III (Art Of Dying) [Harrison]
The Storm: Movement IV (Capsize) [McCartney]
Driftwood [Harrison-P. McCartney-L. McCartney]
Isn't It A Pity? [Harrison]
Movement Naught [Harrison]

SIDE THREE
Ebb & Blood Flow [P. McCartney-Harrison-Starkey-Laine-L. McCartney-Lennon]
Scorching [P. McCartney]
Dehradun [Harrison]
The Walls [Harrison]
Worldly Desires [Harrison-P. McCartney]
High, High, High [P. McCartney]
The Trip [Harrison-P. McCartney]
Isn't It A Pity? (Reprise) [Harrison]

SIDE FOUR
Rescue [P. McCartney]
What Is My Life? [Harrison]
I Lie Around [P. McCartney]
Sunshine Life For Me [Harrison]
Out The Window (Part II) [Harrison]

I know it's been a while since I last dropped one of these, but I hope the wait was worth it for this one. Check out my latest fan mix - What is Life (Love mix). Hope you like it and have fun listening!
All the best,
King.