The Beatles: Earth 347 Discussion Thread

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Rupert Pupkin

Re: The Beatles: "Raymond" (Remastered 2023)

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

it has been reposted 4 days ago on youtube :

one song seems to have been removed.
This is the 2024 mix of Everybody Out.
I did not have the time to check; this is the same version than the one which was shared here via the dropbox link ? :oops: :?:
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

etk01 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:31 am Here's Everybody's Out 2024 bonus material I got from now-deleted E347 Discord channel including a instrumental & full mix of I Dig Love 2024 as well as a cancelled ending of Shookdown, U.S.A. I also throw in a 44-page PDF draft showcasing E347 history of the Fab Four as a bonus (still incomplete at this time of writing so who knows when TLF will finish this)...

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/17ZzGuZq3bdu1ARi7Up3GM_RXg6bU5vcD/view?usp=drive_link
I have an existential question regarding the bonus especially Shookdown, U.S.A. (Cancelled Ending); since this song is in the middle of the last side of the second LP was it a different configuration ? I mean, was this song suppose to end the album with the expanded guitar blast/feedback sound ?
Is it possible to have the complete song with this different ending ? :oops:
etk01

Post by etk01 »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:52 pmI did not have the time to check; this is the same version than the one which was shared here via the dropbox link ? :oops: :?:
It is basically the same version as the other one.
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:37 amI have an existential question regarding the bonus especially Shookdown, U.S.A. (Cancelled Ending); since this song is in the middle of the last side of the second LP was it a different configuration ? I mean, was this song suppose to end the album with the expanded guitar blast/feedback sound ?
Is it possible to have the complete song with this different ending ? :oops:
From what I gather, I think it's possibly made as a fun, s#!tpost joke on Discord and nothing more. I saw it listed as "cancelled ending" so I used that title but whatever the case, it is a lucky find before Discord group disappeared.
etk01

Post by etk01 »

Heads up, Tragiclifeform just dropped a new remix of Symphony No. 16 (with a couple of interesting surprises)...

johnpaul

Post by johnpaul »

Would a new re-up from „Raymond“ (Remastered 2023 be possible?

Johnpaul
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

etk01 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:00 am Heads up, Tragiclifeform just dropped a new remix of Symphony No. 16 (with a couple of interesting surprises)...

could you please post it like you did for "Everybody Out" in dropbox or google-drive, extracting the files from youtube; unless you can have access to a lossless version or at least a less compressed version (because I have burned it on vinyl-vintage-like CD-R)

I have just noticed that there is a new 2024 version of "Everybody Out" on his youtube account (posted 1 month ago). Is it the same that the one you shared or a revB ? that, I'm not 100% sure :oops: I think that this is the same, but I don't want to miss something new (this album is so great!)
Whilst I can grab everything using jdownloader I'm sure you can do a better work that the one I do :oops:
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

9<---revolution
+ 7<-----levels
=16 tape loops and Cynthia's bathrobe

Wear your love like Heaven
This is EMI Test Tape Rupert Pumpkin
Rupert Pumpkin
Rupert Pumpkin
Can you take me back?
I am guessing but, thank you!
KC
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

It's way more exciting than the official "no-overdubbed" mix of Band On The Run which just came out today :

Is it the same for you for the original album configuration ? this is the US version - and although I have nothing against "Helen Wheels" (that's a catchy and nice song) I kind of thing that it kind of "breaks" the flow of the album which should have run a bit shorter, because without Helen Wheels, the epic song, 1985 will come earlier. And I think that the songs following Picasso's Last Words work better.
What do you think about it ?

My favorite so far on this underbudded mix is "Let Me Roll It"; but I'm kind of disappointed by the rest of it- I'm even not sure that these are really some "pure" basic tracks. I was used to hear these kind of basic tracks on One Hand Clapping for instance (1985 is great). Here it is just an instrumental with the choir vocal harmonies but no vocal at all.
In a nutshell the most interesting tracks for me where the songs where the strings were predominant like "Jet" (it's nice to hear the piano and McCartney yelling and humming - probably the highlight of this mix with "No Words"). The funny thing is that it does not match with my favorite songs of the album (1985, Bluebird). But it's a pity they did not release what sounds to be a fantastic instrumental early take of "No Words" on the auctioned tapes.
etk01

Post by etk01 »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:46 amcould you please post it like you did for "Everybody Out" in dropbox or google-drive, extracting the files from youtube; unless you can have access to a lossless version or at least a less compressed version (because I have burned it on vinyl-vintage-like CD-R)
Don't have a lossless copy of this yet but when I see a link of it, I'll post it.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

etk01 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:44 am
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:46 amcould you please post it like you did for "Everybody Out" in dropbox or google-drive, extracting the files from youtube; unless you can have access to a lossless version or at least a less compressed version (because I have burned it on vinyl-vintage-like CD-R)
Don't have a lossless copy of this yet but when I see a link of it, I'll post it.
I think that the "Everybody Out" (2024) version is the one you tracked and shared (thank you again!)

I have listened to "Symphony N°16" (2025) : whilst the classical parts does not sound like George Martin's style; I like the opening (Mk2 movies in France use the same classical part I think) and the Imagine-classical outro.
This is a great album even if I prefer "Everybody Out".
Perhaps now since the D.Atmos mix is available for George Harrison's album, something could be done with "Woman Don't Cry For Me".
I really enjoyed "Soily" intro; it almost sounds like Pink Floyd Shine On You Crazy Diamondish atmosphere before the feedback guitar suddenly blast.

John Lennon's "Nobody Loves You" is a winner; good choice to have Nicky Hopkins on piano using the Anthology 98 version; and I have always loved the end with John whistling (a-la Jealous Guy with a nonchalant counterpoint to the melancholic-prescient lyrics) with the Sinatra-like orchestra.
That said the bridge with "Isolation" does not work at all for me (different voice, different style).
Good idea, though for the intro because the piano notes from "Isolation" makes the intro of "Nobody Loves You" melancholic but a bit strange,which fits with the concept of this album.

I love the Deutsche Grammophon artwork style. I would love to have the artwork in high-res resolution.