TMOQ Outakes 1 and 2 from master tape

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
jgjohnson

TMOQ Outakes 1 and 2 from master tape

Post by jgjohnson »

A copy of TMOQ’s master reel of Outakes 1 and Outakes 2. That is what this is suppose to be. About 40 years ago I was doing a tape trade with a Dylan collector/ bootlegger who had been in business as Popo productions. He did “Let Me Die in My Footsteps” and designed inserts for some of the TMOQ releases.
He did not have any new-to me Beatles stuff, but he told me what he did have was a reel-to-reel copy of TMOQ’s master tapes of their Outakes 1 and Outakes 2. I was anxious to get this as this would be free of the annoying clicks and pops from the vinyl. He dubbed a copy for me onto reel to reel at 71/2 ips
I got the tape but then listening to it, it sounded like there was occasional vinyl noise. I asked him about this, but he was adamant that this was indeed a copy of the TMOQ master tapes.
A few months ago, I saw that the Lord was looking for a dub of the original records. I remembered this tape and finally found it, but then every reel-to-reel tape deck I had ended up having some sort of issue. Thank to a good friend of mine, he transferred it for me on a state-of-the-art reel to reel.
So this is the tape. It is what it is, and for whatever that is, here it is.

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/UgkgjDhC#4K6QigkrN5MlB1TkUSjWag
Last edited by jgjohnson on Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mce1965

Re: TMOQ Outakes 1 and 2 from master tape

Post by mce1965 »

jgjohnson wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:52 pm A copy of TMOQ’s master reel of Outakes 1 and Outakes 2. That is what this is suppose to be. About 40 years ago I was doing a tape trade with a Dylan collector/ bootlegger who had been in business as Popo productions. He did “Let Me Die in My Footsteps” and designed inserts for some of the TMOQ releases.
He did not have any new-to me Beatles stuff, but he told me what he did have was a reel-to-reel copy of TMOQ’s master tapes of their Outakes 1 and Outakes 2. I was anxious to get this as this would be free of the annoying clicks and pops from the vinyl. He dubbed a copy for me onto reel to reel at 71/2 ips
I got the tape but then listening to it, it sounded like there was occasional vinyl noise. I asked him about this, but he was adamant that this was indeed a copy of the TMOQ master tapes.
A few months ago, I saw that the Lord was looking for a dub of the original records. I remembered this tape and finally found it, but then every reel-to-reel tape deck I had ended up having some sort of issue. Thank to a good friend of mine, he transferred it for me on a state-of-the-art reel to reel.

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/89sxGCRJ#oQGl25xN5ZlneJUvZZrRPQ
Cool! Thanks so much!
rhino

Post by rhino »

Really interesting ! Thanks !
gaizoku

Post by gaizoku »

Thank you.
Lupine Assassin

Post by Lupine Assassin »

Thanks! :D FYI there's an "undecrypted file" in that folder. I'm assuming it's track 10 (Kansas City), but that file is defective.
We all bleed blue from the inside....
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

jgjohnson wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:52 pm A copy of TMOQ’s master reel of Outakes 1 and Outakes 2. That is what this is suppose to be. About 40 years ago I was doing a tape trade with a Dylan collector/ bootlegger who had been in business as Popo productions. He did “Let Me Die in My Footsteps” and designed inserts for some of the TMOQ releases.

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/89sxGCRJ#oQGl25xN5ZlneJUvZZrRPQ
Sometimes bootleggers would make copies of other bootleg vinyl records. Also the reels could have been recorded from BBC Transcript records from radio stations.
TELEGRAM SAM

Post by TELEGRAM SAM »

Brilliant. Thank you
El_Garnatí

Post by El_Garnatí »

Thanks jgjohnson for sharing.
D-listener

Post by D-listener »

Thank you for this gem!