The DECCA Audition [Edition 2023]

Fan created remixes and rare variations
khundalini

Re: The DECCA Audition [Edition 2023]

Post by khundalini »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:57 pm Your stereo Eddie Cochran albums are now to my go to listens for him so I'm going to get this too. Thank you.
Dear Mark, the Eddie Cochran albums have since been reworked (especially the tracks that were too loud or poorly balanced).
It's worth re-downloading individual songs (see modification date) or, more simply, all of them.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

When did you do that? I’ve only had them a couple of weeks?
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:18 pm When did you do that? I’ve only had them a couple of weeks?
About 20 titles, most on 03/12/23
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

Thanks so much for the re-up!!
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

khundalini wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:30 pm
MarkRJones1970 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:57 pm Your stereo Eddie Cochran albums are now to my go to listens for him so I'm going to get this too. Thank you.
Dear Mark, the Eddie Cochran albums have since been reworked (especially the tracks that were too loud or poorly balanced).
It's worth re-downloading individual songs (see modification date) or, more simply, all of them.
all of it It's "simplier"! :mrgreen: - I don't want to miss anything new ! No, seriously this series is amazing. Like Mark I'm totally hooked by "C'm Everybody" (that bass line!) wow!
love also the sessions volume. It's only when I listen to The Who early years that I found such bass sound by the Ox. There are some almost jazzy tunes.
Especially the one with June Cochran; sweet guitar and lovely songs (the Session Man series).

This is a fantastic series; the stereo SQ is amazing! tremendous work!
Last edited by Rupert Pupkin on Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

I wanted to add I really like the front artwork which looks really nice; I love these color photography. Love so much the vintage look.
The only thing I could say is that perhaps a lower compression for the back artwork would be nice because there are some compression artefacts on the back artwork (you can see it around the text-songs-titles)
khundalini

Post by khundalini »

Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:40 am I wanted to add I really like the front artwork which looks really nice; I love these color photography. Love so much the vintage look.
The only thing I could say is that perhaps a lower compression for the back artwork would be nice because there are some compression artefacts on the back artwork (you can see it around the text-songs-titles)
You are right in your statement. The cover images are screen shots only from my labeling program (Roxio). The front always comes out better. Pictures are just a nice touch (also for tagging), not my priority.
Rupert Pupkin

Post by Rupert Pupkin »

khundalini wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:03 am
Rupert Pupkin wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:40 am I wanted to add I really like the front artwork which looks really nice; I love these color photography. Love so much the vintage look.
You are right in your statement. The cover images are screen shots only from my labeling program (Roxio). The front always comes out better. Pictures are just a nice touch (also for tagging), not my priority.
That's just that your collection is so great (and I really like the vintage colorized photography) that I burn them all on vinyl-like CD-R.

oh, I have to say that on "On The Air", "Summertime" is amazing. I think that Paul took that version for the CHOBA B.CCP concert.
I have always considered Janis Joplin and Big Brother and the Holding Company as the best version ever (another one is Miles Davis's version) but this one just kills me.
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

is there anybody who can tell me where I can find the Edddie Cochran albums reworked by Khundalini? Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:
Ale.
MarkRJones1970

Post by MarkRJones1970 »

Alessandro Rocchi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:28 am is there anybody who can tell me where I can find the Edddie Cochran albums reworked by Khundalini? Thanks in advance. :mrgreen:
Here you go: https://ulikisker.de/eddie%20cochran%20in%20stereo.html
Mark R. Cobley-Jones
Manchester, UK