FABRACADABRA!

Fan created remixes and rare variations
Lord Reith

Re: FABRACADABRA! (V1,2,4 new! V3, V6, V7, V8, V9)

Post by Lord Reith »

Tolvo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:45 pm Only thing I noticed is that this edition of Vol. 2 includes the hi-hat intro All My Loving only.
I don't know why I did that but you can always lop the intro off in audacity.

The other day someone requested some twintrack mixes of the early singles. So here they are: https://tinyurl.com/mva6pb4n
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
BTL1210

Re: FABRACADABRA!

Post by BTL1210 »

AWESOME M'Lord - Thank you for your latest share .......
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

Appreciate the new ones!
Appleyard

Post by Appleyard »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:52 pm
Tolvo wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:45 pm Only thing I noticed is that this edition of Vol. 2 includes the hi-hat intro All My Loving only.

The other day someone requested some twintrack mixes of the early singles. So here they are: https://tinyurl.com/mva6pb4n
M''lud, could you clarify what these are exactly? Are they stereo mixes derived from the superior mono mixes but in the style of the inferior stereo mixes (i.e. vocals and instruments panned in separate channels)?
Bianju

Post by Bianju »

Appleyard wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:57 pm
Lord Reith wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:52 pm

M''lud, could you clarify what these are exactly? Are they stereo mixes derived from the superior mono mixes but in the style of the inferior stereo mixes (i.e. vocals and instruments panned in separate channels)?
Yes, since any actual vintage stereo mixes would have sounded like this. The Beatles didn't record in anything higher than two tracks until VERY late 1963 (for I Want To Hold Your Hand) so the band left, vocals right mixing wasn't done out of choice, but necessity.
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Appleyard wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:57 pm M''lud, could you clarify what these are exactly? Are they stereo mixes derived from the superior mono mixes but in the style of the inferior stereo mixes (i.e. vocals and instruments panned in separate channels)?
Yeah they're just the mono singles with backing left/vocals right as per early stereo mixes.
I Am The Walrus

Post by I Am The Walrus »

Lord Reith wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:59 am
Appleyard wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:57 pm M''lud, could you clarify what these are exactly? Are they stereo mixes derived from the superior mono mixes but in the style of the inferior stereo mixes (i.e. vocals and instruments panned in separate channels)?
Yeah they're just the mono singles with backing left/vocals right as per early stereo mixes.
I really like the first mixes in Stereo, guitars, handclaps, tambourine or something else on the left channel and vocals on the right channel.
Well, it's just a matter of opinion.
Rorsontherun

Post by Rorsontherun »

thanks for sharing! Been listening to your mixes Lord and they sound superb, PPM sounds so fresh!
I wanted to ask you if you had done WA, Abbey Road and Let it Be, or which is your opinion on Giles remixes on those ones!
Thanks
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Rorsontherun wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:30 am thanks for sharing! Been listening to your mixes Lord and they sound superb, PPM sounds so fresh!
I wanted to ask you if you had done WA, Abbey Road and Let it Be, or which is your opinion on Giles remixes on those ones!
Thanks
Oh thanks! Glad you're enjoying them. I really like Giles' White Album except for one or two songs (mainly Helter Skelter and Wild Honey Pie). The other two are fine too.

No I've never remixed those and have no plans to.
RLester

Post by RLester »

I've just returned from some travel so was unable to keep up to date here for a bit - Lord, it appears you've updated 1, 2 and 4? Or are these old Subject Headers?