Fab4

Re: FABRACADABRA! (V6)

Post by Fab4 »

Thank you Lord. The sound is Fab!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Engonoceras wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:22 pm
alphabeatles wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:42 pm Maybe this was a punch-in on the vocals instead?
Correct. A punch in that deleted a bit too much.
Oh hang on, one of the guitar overdubs is on a vocal track I just remembered. So it looks as though they needed to punch in some vocals but in the process wiped a small part of the guitar on the previous vocal.
Women there don't treat you mean, in Abilene
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Fab4 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:13 pm Thank you Lord. The sound is Fab!
-racadabra!
jpa

Post by jpa »

This RS version that LR has given us here is so amazingly good and perfect that I am ashamed of asking the following, but I need to ask, because of a strong neurotic desire to have a 100% perfect version of this gem: At the very last note of What Goes On (time 2:45) there is an artefactual sound (almost like a small scratch in a vinyl record) mostly in the right channel. It was also there in the ABRACADABRA 2021 version, so it is probably carried over. I would be so pleased and sleep much better if LR or some other expert here would remove it and share the cleaned version!
Thanks in advance!

(to be honest, there is also a similar, but less disturbing sound at the very end of Wait!)
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

jpa wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:29 pm This RS version that LR has given us here is so amazingly good and perfect that I am ashamed of asking the following, but I need to ask, because of a strong neurotic desire to have a 100% perfect version of this gem: At the very last note of What Goes On (time 2:45) there is an artefactual sound (almost like a small scratch in a vinyl record) mostly in the right channel. It was also there in the ABRACADABRA 2021 version, so it is probably carried over. I would be so pleased and sleep much better if LR or some other expert here would remove it and share the cleaned version!
Thanks in advance!
Tis gone!

https://tinyurl.com/y2svzxrw
jpa

Post by jpa »

Wonderful - I am relieved - thanks so much!
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

Fantastic as ever Lord. I just moved house and have no broadband until next Monday and had to buy a sim card just to download and hear this!

Thanks again.

PS. Bring back the Groat!
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.
innergroove

Post by innergroove »

Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Phil_Lip wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:56 am Fantastic as ever Lord. I just moved house and have no broadband until next Monday and had to buy a sim card just to download and hear this!

Thanks again.

PS. Bring back the Groat!
John O' Groats!

About that "lucky face" comment of John's... was this the source of the quote or is he mocking the supposedly erroneous press account of his Foyle's litereary "speech"?
Mr Muckle

Post by Mr Muckle »

I work downtown and on my drive this morning I started out with "Day Tripper" and went from there. I was thrilled with "Drive My Car", maybe the first stereo version to hit me like the mono does. By the time I got downtown, heading for the parking garage, "Nowhere Man" was on, and as work has been a real bear the last 18 months, I tend to get extra emotional when I hear that song; I think some casual listeners may assume it's some snarky Lennon put-down but of course it actually highlights his great humanity, his great sympathy (and he was singing it as much to himself as to others).

Anyhow, at that point in the drive, I realized I was right next to the Everson Museum of Art, where Yoko had her first exhibit back in Oct 1971. And, of course, knowing what day today is made it extra poignant --- "they were there, back in 1971, right over there" ("There's Old Fezziwig alive again"). I parked and looked out from the upper deck at the museum, and then I walked to work (on Harrison St) and looked up at the old Hotel Syracuse where John celebrated his 31st birthday. "John was right there, and Ringo, they were right in that building."

Anyway, it was a great listen on what is always a dark day, hearing it sound so lovely and beautiful, thank you again Lord Reith, can't wait to spin it again (and again).