The Usenet Guide to Beatles Recording Variations

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
recordroman

Re: The Usenet Guide to Beatles Recording Variations

Post by recordroman »

It's around 33GB in total so I will leave it up for a couple of weeks, thereafter you will need to help one another. Corrections and suggestions for missed edits welcome.
Enjoy.

Thank you for sharing your Colossal effort Dial222, it certainly will be enjoyed!
maul

Post by maul »

I Am The Walrus wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:07 pm
Dial222 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:58 am
I Am The Walrus wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:10 am Thanks for answering.
Could you answer this question more please?
The Stereo Mix of There's A Please that is on Version 2 of the LP Introducing The Beatles is sligytly wider stereo or not?
I'll be honest, my efforts were collecting the original listed tracks, not primarily identifying them. My DESS collection is on another drive so it would be an effort to pick out a rip to listen to. If you have them to hand i'd give them a go but... These 50 years old ears may still not detect it.
CheersD222

I just saw this information in the guide made by a forum member. My ears aren't very good in my 46 years of life, so I can't tell if this mix on Stereo is sligytly wider stereo.
All tracks -in both versions- of Introducing The Beatles are the same, in my guide (that I've already corrected) I was misleaded by DESS versions :cry: :evil: but listening and comparing 'honest' and 'untouched' versions of the albums they sound the same
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

Just asking, and if it can't be done, I understand. I can't download these as i live in a weak internet area of Wisconsin. Normally i download overnight, but i get timed out on these. If anyone can re-up on some other site, or in smaller pieces, id be happy.

If not, well, I'm cool with that, too. I appreciate what i AM able to download here.
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

Hi, Dial222.
Thank you for this set, it is absolutely fantastic and vast.
Last edited by MorseMoose on Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wardo

Post by wardo »

Goodness -- here I thought you had just updated the PDF (which Frank Daniels hasn't since before the Pepper deluxe came out). While I'm hoping someone does that so I don't have to, thank you for ALL this!
bobzilla

Post by bobzilla »

MorseMoose wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:22 pm Hi, Dial222.

First of all, I just want to say thank you for this set, it is absolutely fantastic and vast.

Second of all, I can't open the 2nd file of the 1969 set (I've just downloaded the first two). Because of the .002 at the end of the file name, it converts to a different file. I have converted it to a .zip file, but it won't open in BitZipper because it's so big, and it won't open in 7-Zip because it's been converted. Can you upload the 1969 set in the .zip file format, please? Thanks.
It's a zip file that's been split between multiple files. You'll either need to combine them into 1 file or use an app that knows how to deal with multi-part zips. I use WinRar (just download all parts and then right click on the .001 file and click "Extract here".)
MorseMoose

Post by MorseMoose »

bobzilla wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:31 pm

First of all, I just want to say thank you for this set, it is absolutely fantastic and vast.

Second of all, I can't open the 2nd file of the 1969 set (I've just downloaded the first two). Because of the .002 at the end of the file name, it converts to a different file. I have converted it to a .zip file, but it won't open in BitZipper because it's so big, and it won't open in 7-Zip because it's been converted. Can you upload the 1969 set in the .zip file format, please? Thanks.
It's a zip file that's been split between multiple files. You'll either need to combine them into 1 file or use an app that knows how to deal with multi-part zips. I use WinRar (just download all parts and then right click on the .001 file and click "Extract here".)
Oh, ok. Thank you.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

MorseMoose wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:34 pm
bobzilla wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:31 pm

Oh, ok. Thank you.
I had problems with it also for the 1969 folder. I then downloaded each ZIP files one by one in my main Download folder. Then I opened zip.001 and voila, it unzipped the whole kit perfectly.

If you download the whole Google drive folder it will zip the zips and do a mashup.
Yves
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Is the 70+ folder the last one?
Yves
James_Creek

Post by James_Creek »

have problems opening this 1969 file. downloaded as five zip files. can't open '.001' zip.
1969.jpg
1969.jpg (52.51 KiB) Viewed 660 times
'to be alive ~ is undo your belt and look for trouble!'