eBay 2015 Acetates

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
skynet

Re: eBay 2015 Acetates

Post by skynet »

Kwai Chang wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:28 pm
.... No solo on end of Taxman. Legit?
KC
That is a great question KC, i was wondering the same since i got those files, seems that is the way it came from the acetate, also it does not sound tampered, but i may be wrong
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks for this !!!!
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

skynet wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:16 pm
Kwai Chang wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:28 pm .... No solo on end of Taxman. Legit?
KC
That is a great question KC, i was wondering the same since i got those files, seems that is the way it came from the acetate, also it does not sound tampered, but i may be wrong
I also considered I Need You to be slightly more 'jangley' among other subtleties. We know that many songs received many attempts at mixing...some even embellished however slightly. I only want to verify the provenance of the entire stack. I would say that is nearly done since they were all owned by an 'insider'. But, my logic wants to believe that that many random discs should exhibit a few signs of pedigree that point to uniqueness...however slight, light, or mighty!
Thanks, again!
KC
rhino

Post by rhino »

Thank you !
stereoman33

Post by stereoman33 »

i wouldn't expect an acetate of "it wont be long" to be in stereo
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

Kwai Chang wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:13 pm
skynet wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:16 pm
Kwai Chang wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:28 pm .... No solo on end of Taxman. Legit?
KC
I also considered I Need You to be slightly more 'jangley' among other subtleties. We know that many songs received many attempts at mixing...some even embellished however slightly. I only want to verify the provenance of the entire stack. I would say that is nearly done since they were all owned by an 'insider'. But, my logic wants to believe that that many random discs should exhibit a few signs of pedigree that point to uniqueness...however slight, light, or mighty!
Thanks, again!
KC
I'm convinced that the acetates are authentic. The end of And Your Bird Can Sing is subtly but undeniably different to the released mono mix for a start, I've never heard that ending anywhere else. Here are some details that were provided by the vendor on Ebay at the time.

"THIS ACETATE IS JUST ONE OF A COLLECTION OF 17 THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN MY POSESSION

A very rare chance to obtain a true piece of Beatles History. Act now and become the proud owner of some thing only a few collectors have!!

Details of this Acetate

The track Two Of Us from the Let it be album was originally entitled ' on our way back home' or at least this was the working title for the track.

This is a totally different cut to the final one that was used on the album.

I have recorded the single from start to finish to demonstrate the overall quality of the reproduction.

The disc has the working title penned onto the label along with 'Beatles' and 45RPM and the initials R.J.L, plus 3.20 at the very top which I believe is the time the track lasts.

Finally stamped to the left of the spindle hole is the date 25, Jan 1969

The record as you will hear sounds really exceptional and not like a lot of acetates that are just background over music. It is really hard to find one that plays this well.

THE OTHER 16 BEATLES ACETATES

I HAVE SHOWN THE LABELS OF ALL OF THE OTHER ACETATES THAT ARE AVAILABLE IN THE PICTURES THAT ACCOMPANY THIS AUCTION. I HAVE ALSO PROVIDED RECORDINGS OF EACH OF THE DISCS.

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE BIDDING FOR 'ON OUR WAY BACK HOME' ON THIS PAGE

SHOULD ANY OF THE OTHERS BE OF INTEREST TO ANYONE, PLEASE MESSAGE ME. AND SHOULD ANYONE WANT TO OWN ALL 16 THE DEFINITELY MESSAGE ME

The other 15 are as follows:-

DICK JAMES LABEL (VERY SOUGHT AFTER ITEMS)

ALL MY LOVING TEM 1687/8. 1610/1035 (From With The Beatles)
AND YOUR BIRD CAN SING TEM 4864 (From Revolver)
SHE SAID SHE SAID TEM 4864 (From Revolver)
THANK YOU GIRL TEM 1687/8 . 1610/1035 ( B side of From Me To You)
IT WON'T BE LONG TEM 1687/8. 1610/1035 (From With The Beatles)

EMIDISCS"
Choking Smoker

Post by Choking Smoker »

Actually I think that this is a re-share of something I posted on the forum in it's previous incarnation a year or two back, the folder naming and layout are exactly the same, not that that's a problem. I think they're the real deal anyway even if there's nothing mind blowingly different.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Here's my notes on them:

1. Two Of Us – This is DDSI 24.69 – the same version that appears on the unreleased “Get Back” album, only here it's in mono. Marginal, at best.
2. All My Loving (released – mono)
3. And Your Bird Can Sing (released – mono)
4. She Said She Said (released – mono)
5. Thank You Girl (released – mono)
6. It Won't Be Long (released – stereo)
7. Your Mother Should Know (released – mono) Ironically, there
is an alternate acetate for this song – but this isn't it.
8. Tomorrow Never Knows (released, mono matrix 1 – mono)
9. Doctor Robert (released – mono, U.S. mix)
10. Eleanor Rigby (released – mono)
11. And Your Bird Can Sing – mono. This is the most interesting
acetate as we hear the entire take 10, unlike the released version, which is an edit of take 10 with the conclusion of take 6. Consequently, we get twenty-six seconds of a performance we've never heard before.
12. Taxman – mono. Also new is this alternate edit of “Taxman,” featuring a different loop at the end of the song.
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (released – mono)
14. I Need You (released – mono)
15. Baby It's You (released – mono)
16. Oh Darling (released – stereo)
Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

Thank you, Doug!
Was Two Of Us ever mixed into mono by Glyn Johns? Or is this representative of stereo folded without mixing?
I appreciate your expertise on this group of IDs. My mind is not capable of such discipline. The psychology of Beatles scrutiny is immense. The recent posting of the French edit of Taxman had me convinced that the mix was different. It took 5 replays to admit that it was , in fact, familiar.
Wishful thinking...Beatles Worship! Thank you for your skills!
Thank you, also, Choking Smoker!
KC
ianbuckers

Post by ianbuckers »

Doug wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:39 pm Here's my notes on them:

1. Two Of Us – This is DDSI 24.69 – the same version that appears on the unreleased “Get Back” album, only here it's in mono. Marginal, at best.
2. All My Loving (released – mono)
3. And Your Bird Can Sing (released – mono)
4. She Said She Said (released – mono)
5. Thank You Girl (released – mono)
6. It Won't Be Long (released – stereo)
7. Your Mother Should Know (released – mono) Ironically, there
is an alternate acetate for this song – but this isn't it.
8. Tomorrow Never Knows (released, mono matrix 1 – mono)
9. Doctor Robert (released – mono, U.S. mix)
10. Eleanor Rigby (released – mono)
11. And Your Bird Can Sing – mono. This is the most interesting
acetate as we hear the entire take 10, unlike the released version, which is an edit of take 10 with the conclusion of take 6. Consequently, we get twenty-six seconds of a performance we've never heard before.
12. Taxman – mono. Also new is this alternate edit of “Taxman,” featuring a different loop at the end of the song.
13. Strawberry Fields Forever (released – mono)
14. I Need You (released – mono)
15. Baby It's You (released – mono)
16. Oh Darling (released – stereo)
Just such a shame we don't have them in better quality...it's not that they are mp3 it's the encoding rate...128 which is loooooooooow quality.